The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are US Supraforums afraid were catching up???

hodge

What response did they give to their production car under reading by a hundred or so bhp over here?

Surely that is enough to close the case :D

Mate, Hodge could ship his car over there, stick it on their dyno, allow them to run it and, even though it would probably crack 1000hp on their dyno, they still wouldn't believe it.

There will always be some excuse, reason or something for them to hit back with. I'm looking forward to seeing what JP hits on the dynojet.

Mate, Hodge could ship his car over there, stick it on their dyno, allow them to run it and, even though it would probably crack 1000hp on their dyno, they still wouldn't believe it.

There will always be some excuse, reason or something for them to hit back with. I'm looking forward to seeing what JP hits on the dynojet.

True, seems to often be the case with US of A :D

I don't know what the metric system says about American horses, vs uk horses, but i know that a dutch horsepower is a little less in watts then the uk horsepower,and off course what Jamie said earlier the octane numbers in our fuel differs.

But don't forget what happened when Ryan Woon took out his manual six speed supra and raced against an american oldschool muscle car and out raced the guy in the muscle car. They don't like it when an import car wins against their muscle cars on the 1/4 mile,

but what i don't understand is the love hate between us supra drivers why should we defend our hp figures, its stupid, don't let yourself down beceause of that.

Great figures and enjoy your pride.

Spot on sir! Although it does wear thin when most just post to put you down over there.

I don't understand the hostility towards the Brits? It's only since I have been playing Xbox live that I have noticed the sweeping generalisations that we drink tea and all personally know the Queen..!!

Wedding Crashers; very funny film. :)

It was an old joke before that film..!!

H.

I don't understand the hostility towards the Brits? It's only since I have been playing Xbox live that I have noticed the sweeping generalisations that we drink tea and all personally know the Queen..!!

It's actually really ironic. Loads of US shows make fun of the stereotypical Brit, The Simpsons, Futurama, Scrubs, married with children, etc, etc ,etc, just about every one of them in fact.... yet it's to make a joke. The writers know enough about Britain (and the other nationalities they take the mick out of) to know what to highlight and what parts of our stereotypes are funny. For some reason most of the rest of the US population don't really get it... the stereotypes, sarcasm or anything that doesn't start with "knock knock" or "why did the chicken".

When I was in the US the Wife and I got to talking to a guy from Texas. He was showing off and being loud, but friendly enough. Anyway, he got his wallet out and my wife commented on the "funny looking cards". We pretended that we didn't know what his credit card was, asking about paying with plastic and how it worked etc. He believed 100% that we were in the dark ages, didn't have the internet and had no idea what a mobile phone was. The strangest thing was the perplexed look on his face when we told him we were joking, his phone was out of date and his credit card was only really of any use in 50% of the US nevermind the UK.

Fun times though :D

I think the dynojet will read higher, but I don't think the difference will be as big as everyone seems to think.

It will be interesting to see though.

it's actually really ironic. Loads of us shows make fun of the stereotypical brit, the simpsons, futurama, scrubs, married with children, etc, etc ,etc, just about every one of them in fact.... Yet it's to make a joke. The writers know enough about britain (and the other nationalities they take the mick out of) to know what to highlight and what parts of our stereotypes are funny. For some reason most of the rest of the us population don't really get it... The stereotypes, sarcasm or anything that doesn't start with "knock knock" or "why did the chicken".

When i was in the us the wife and i got to talking to a guy from texas. He was showing off and being loud, but friendly enough. Anyway, he got his wallet out and my wife commented on the "funny looking cards". We pretended that we didn't know what his credit card was, asking about paying with plastic and how it worked etc. He believed 100% that we were in the dark ages, didn't have the internet and had no idea what a mobile phone was. The strangest thing was the perplexed look on his face when we told him we were joking, his phone was out of date and his credit card was only really of any use in 50% of the us nevermind the uk.

Fun times though :D

:D

I've seen loads of peoples dyno figures question on here............."you can't that on stock turbos"....."get yourself down to Surrey rolling road and report back with real figures" etc etc..........popping up power figures will always get people saying either that's too much or if you are conservative then they'll point out something must be up with it to get that low a figure with 'that' spec.

Interesting thing that the US guys love the dynojet while here in Germany they are just laughed at because they read way to high and have the possibility to cheat with the numbers.

The only dynos respected here are the MAHA LP ones which are also used by Manufacturers and for legal disputes about cars not making the promised HP :)

I've seen loads of peoples dyno figures question on here............."you can't that on stock turbos"....."get yourself down to Surrey rolling road and report back with real figures" etc etc..........popping up power figures will always get people saying either that's too much or if you are conservative then they'll point out something must be up with it to get that low a figure with 'that' spec.

Fair shout, ive been guilty of that myself, dyno figures are going to be a hot topic forever.