The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wife said 'NO' to selling the Supra!!

SupraAyf

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I havnt seen your car out on the road since that day I pulled up outside your house andrew. I thought you might have got rid already, one thing is for sure that supra has wow factor a few crummy crotch rockets not so much listen to your wife she talks sense,

Jen doesn't hate my Supra, infact at times I think she likes it, she would definately prefer me to spend less on it though

She stopped me from selling it during the winter when times were a little tough, but her reasoning was I would just end up getting another one and having to spend all over again

She isn't a petrolhead in anyway and really doesn't get the power/speed thing at all, hence why I still have an N/A, although after letting her get a 3rd car in 3 years, I think she might be coming around to the engine transplant bit, but has said I have to get a cheap to run daily first

She does enjoy the looks the car gets , the meets and especially enjoyed the Dragonball

She very occassionally drives it and everytime she does, she says how easy it is to drive, although she finds it very big, especially the long bonnet, but enjoys driving it, once she relaxes

I generally have to force her to drive it, she is scared witless of damaging it, which I really don't get as I always say it's a bit of metal that can be repaired and I do mean it, after all accidents happen and Jen is more important (just in case she reads this)

The main problem comes from me being a perfectionist on a lowish budget and the fact I wash and polish the Supra regularly, while her car sits dirty for months waiting for me to have time to give it a clean

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

I wish my girlfriend liked my car and treated it with respect. Unfortunately she doesn't and has a lack of respect for it. I will catch her putting her dirty shoes all over the place, hitting the paintwork with her bag, slamming the door, shutting the door by the window, putting her fingerprints all over the paintwork and window, etc. It makes me sick to the stomach sometimes. If I make a comment about it, I'm suddenly in the wrong and she thinks I'm pathetic about it. :)

She hasn't been so bad lately, but there's always going to be those moments when she does.

And she wanders why I won't pick her and her friends up from the Bestival this weekend (when it's extremely muddy).

She thinks the car is ugly and much prefers FTO's and Hyandai Coupe's! Weirdo.

My wife hates my car, she wants me to get rid and get something normal

My girlfriend also thinks the same. That would just be boring though, wouldn't it?

I wish my girlfriend liked my car and treated it with respect. Unfortunately she doesn't and has a lack of respect for it. I will catch her putting her dirty shoes all over the place, hitting the paintwork with her bag, slamming the door, shutting the door by the window, putting her fingerprints all over the paintwork and window, etc. It makes me sick to the stomach sometimes. If I make a comment about it, I'm suddenly in the wrong and she thinks I'm pathetic about it. :)

She hasn't been so bad lately, but there's always going to be those moments when she does.

And she wanders why I won't pick her and her friends up from the Bestival this weekend (when it's extremely muddy).

She thinks the car is ugly and much prefers FTO's and Hyandai Coupe's! Weirdo.

My girlfriend also thinks the same. That would just be boring though, wouldn't it?

I shouldn't be too personal about this but she needs to go. Ged rid. If she doesn't respect the car then she doesn't respect the man. You can use this thread to tell the forum that you've dumped her.

Its surprising how many girls like FTO's and Hyundai Coupes, no taste the lot of them :(

But let's face it, those cars are a little more girlie orientated. The Supra is more of a male-machine with its racy-smooth lines and beefy motor. That said, the Supra is also desirable by those girls with higher than usual testosterone levels or where their father wanted a boy instead of a girl.

I'm in the same boat as JamieP. Wife hates it and never even been in it. Calls it my MLCC (Mid Life Crisis Car).

Dont think she likes how much I have spent this year and has made me promise to put £1 in the savings for every £1 I spend! Thank heavens my salary doesnt go into the joint account!!!

Think she understands that as a Petrol Head I need to get it out of my system and have some fun though.

Jamie mate, I think we all know that your missus is an angel.:innocent:

Not sure id go that far :D

I'm in the same boat as JamieP. Wife hates it and never even been in it. Calls it my MLCC (Mid Life Crisis Car).

Mine dont hate the car at all, she just has no interest in it which i can understand.

I shouldn't be too personal about this but she needs to go. Ged rid. If she doesn't respect the car then she doesn't respect the man. You can use this thread to tell the forum that you've dumped her.

I will bookmark this thread. :p But in all seriousness, I think she knows her place in this three-way relationship after the arguments we've had over the car (As far as I know, the car didn't hear any of it... it would have told me).

The Supra breaks down less than she does and doesn't argue back. I couldn't give up something I love and enjoy over someone who wishes to cause misery.

Its surprising how many girls like FTO's and Hyundai Coupes, no taste the lot of them

They are a slightly better than choice that a Tigra, mind. A lot of girls love Tigras, and that has to be one of the worst looking cars ever built, not to mention Vauxhall.

Girls like these, have no concept of excellence and masterpiece in motor engineering.

But let's face it, those cars are a little more girlie orientated. The Supra is more of a male-machine with its racy-smooth lines and beefy motor. That said, the Supra is also desirable by those girls with higher than usual testosterone levels or where their father wanted a boy instead of a girl.

:D

And to conclude this post.

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4287/comparev.jpg

Need I say more?