The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kids on the block

Attero

I'm sure you are all familiar with the disasters of jealous people wreaking havoc among our possessions behind our back. But something really stumped me today.

I was pulling into my brothers road to borrow a helmet off him for a local car club event when I drove past some kids on scooters (the little kids foot pushing scooters) and they were talking amongst themselves, "oh wow... look at that car, well nice" and stuff. The usual of which I'm so used to now that I don't think anything of it.

So I pull up to my brothers drive and walk up to his door (which is about 2 metres from the car) and those kids turn up and get close and look at the car saying,

Boy 1 - "It's that nice car."

Boy 2 - "Yeah, it's real nice."

Boy 1 - "But it's got a chip in the side" :rolleyes:

Boy 2 - "I think we should hit it with our scooters" :blink:

Boy 1 - "mmm..."

*Both boys start swinging scooters round*

At that point I lost it, but my brother opened the door and as I turned round the boys walked off and the car wasn't hit.

I couldn't believe it... I honestly don't know what goes through anyones mind. It was bad enough that the kids thought all that stuff was acceptable in the first place, but I was stood right there! I am in total disgust by everyones lack of any known sense and it doesn't just run through kids minds, it's adults too.

If those kids touched my car, I would have got their scooters and smack them in the head with them and them make them eat the damn things.

[insert very long vulgar sentence here]

:flame:

I was having this discussion the other day. Me and my friend think its a lack of discipline. When i was younger i know if i did something wrong my dad would give me a clip around the ear to show that i've done something wrong and a good telling off. But these days kids can get away with murder and i'm sure they know it too. They probably just think there untouchable because they are so young. Knowing if their parents hit them they can claim abuse and the law won't do anything other than give them a slap on the wrist.

I have to take a bit of security cam footage up to the local Junior school tomorrow,

that show two of the little buggers helping themselves to my valve caps, noticed one missing the other day and though i had left it while pumping up the tyres,

But the next day my neighbor tells me that two of them where helping them selves, so i check the video and sure enough one is keeping a look out a while the other takes one cap, and then two mins later the other comes back and nicks the other!

They where nice chrome ones, but plain black plastic ones will go back on, its not the loosing the caps that bothers me, just the fact that they couldn't have been more than nine or ten, i have reported it to the police, in the hope they might go to the school and put the wind up any prospective future criminal careers.

i have reported it to the police, in the hope they might go to the school and put the wind up any prospective future criminal careers.

I don't think there is any fine money to be made in doing that Ricky, so don't hold your breath :)

I was having this discussion the other day. Me and my friend think its a lack of discipline. When i was younger i know if i did something wrong my dad would give me a clip around the ear to show that i've done something wrong and a good telling off. But these days kids can get away with murder and i'm sure they know it too. They probably just think there untouchable because they are so young. Knowing if their parents hit them they can claim abuse and the law won't do anything other than give them a slap on the wrist.

Sounds about right. I think it's wrong the law (AFAIK) prevents any kind of slapping or hitting as a punishment. Those NSPCC zero-tolerance adverts towards hitting that were on billboards and TV a couple of years ago didn't show the other side of it: kids with no respect as described by the OP; kids who, when challenged by responsible adults, say, "You can't touch me! I got ma rights innit!"

Banning the smacking of kids by teachers and other authority figures is a massive over-reaction, a bit like making driving illegal because some people get killed on the roads.

what little brats you should ave threw em in some bins

where was that bud? betting ryde or east cowes lol

Cowes (Not east).

I'm so sick of being worried about leaving my car alone. I'm always been argued with about how silly I am for worrying but how can I not worry when I've witnessed people leaning on it, footballs kicked at it, BMX bikers bashing their bikes deliberately on it, skateboarders deliberately hanging around it (you know what they are like, skateboards flying off everywhere), kids wanting to hit it with their scooters, and probably more behind my back.

This isn't all in the same place... it's everywhere. And the next time I see this happen, I will punch the person who even thinks about it whether they are 9 or 90.

They were showing off BECAUSE you were there. Bet they would have just had a look and wandered off if you weren't around. They just seem to like getting a reaction from people more than anything.

As for the child abuse/parents thing, IME it's the parents who don't give a t*ss any more, if you were to get hold of a kid and take them home to 'speak to their parents' about their behaviour, even if a copper did it you'd only get abuse from the parents, they stick up for their kids no matter what they get up to - probably because they were off doing the same things 10 years earlier.

mer cowes is a ****hole anyways thats the problem alot of kids are gettin far to cocky think we should get balaclava'd up an go smash em all lol

i was parked outside a place in ventnor when i had the s13 an sum lady's body part smashed the windscreen while i was sat in it!!! Lady's body part didnt like it when i chased him with a 24" snap on breaker bar hahaha never seen a chubby lad run so fast.

mer cowes is a ****hole anyways thats the problem alot of kids are gettin far to cocky think we should get balaclava'd up an go smash em all lol

i was parked outside a place in ventnor when i had the s13 an sum **** smashed the windscreen while i was sat in it!!! **** didnt like it when i chased him with a 24" snap on breaker bar hahaha never seen a chubby lad run so fast

Did you get him and bash the burgers out of him?

Oh and btw, I'd edit out the swearing before the boss does you a mischief :D

mer cowes is a hole anyways thats the problem alot of kids are gettin far to cocky think we should get balaclava'd up an go smash em all lol

i was parked outside a place in ventnor when i had the s13 an sum **** smashed the windscreen while i was sat in it!!! **** didnt like it when i chased him with a 24" snap on breaker bar hahaha never seen a chubby lad run so fast

This post isn't going to go down well with the mods.

haha soz bud i did catch him but i cant batter someone who cries i just dragged him home an made his perents pay for it they were actually quite sorry lucky they didnt call the police on me tbh i turned up at there house with there kid in a pretty painfull gooseneck hahaha

I think the kids were just winding you up and probably wouldnt have done anything.

They do know the score though, I look after some cubs (7/8/9 year olds) and last week they were talking about how they with their parents in a beer garden. Some of the kids were climbing through a hedge which i guess was damaging it. Anyway a women grabs one of the kids and manhandles him back to his parents to get them to tell him off and stop climbing on the hedge, the parents respond by calling the police and having the said women arrested for abuse, which she duly was.

All the kids were talking about it and laughing about how they cannot be touched and if they are they can get people arrested.

I place part of the blame on the lack of a decent education in English language in schools. In my day we were taught proper grammar, sentence structure, spelling, and use of punctuation. Nowadays it seems that anyone can buy a Supra and post illiterate drivel on a members forum, punctuated only by curse words.

Oh wait, we're talking about the kids on scooters? String 'em up n f*%& kill 'em, innit!

im sorry bud guess it would be a different matter if it was yours though?

in this country things are like this because we arent aloud to defend our own property with force ant if you do then you are instantly arrested for doing so.

its pretty retarded the victim cant defend there self

and yes i didnt go to school much but i still got a-c grades i never did collage or uni i sacked it early and at 16 was in basic training i think theres alot of people in this country who could benefit from millitary justice!

i think theres alot of people in this country who could benefit from millitary justice!

Or military discipline, at least. I doubt if the military would be too chuffed about being turned into a finishing school for British adolescents though. That should be the job of the schools, and schools should be given enough freedom to achieve that for the vast majority of pupils.

I place part of the blame on the lack of a decent education in English language in schools. In my day we were taught proper grammar, sentence structure, spelling, and use of punctuation. Nowadays it seems that anyone can buy a Supra and post illiterate drivel on a members forum, punctuated only by curse words.

Oh wait, we're talking about the kids on scooters? String 'em up n f*%& kill 'em, innit!

:D

My Dad's restaurant used to get a load of kids causing trouble, they weren't even from the local area. They travel down from where they lived to hang around in the area. Police were called a number of times and they kept telling us, I am really sorry but their is very little which we can do. The way some of these kids were talking to the police officers was disgusting, even worse then the way they spoke to me. In the end one of the officers said, these kids know they can't be touched so they will just come back and keep causing trouble so he told me feel free to give him a good hiding. So got my little brother to give a couple of them a good kicking (the two mouthiest ones out of a bunch of 12-15) and after that they didn't come back for anymore trouble.

Sorted. :)