The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trax 4th September Silverstone.

JamieP

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldnt make this in the end. Having spent the whole week trying to get BT to shoehorn in a 300mb fibre ready for Monday and losing the whole of yesterday to it I decided to spend time with my family who have seen me for about 3 hours this week.

Hope it all went well folks. Let me know what it was like as we may do it again next year.

Here are my pics of the day, let me know if you want any full size ones:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57320735@N07/sets/72157627593337114/

Richard, the track was a bit hectic a lot of cars nearly caused accidents, and I think you were the only Supra on track (not including the drifters) :D.

By the way for anyone who's interested the Need For Speed Supra won the BDC round at silverstone!

Got there and there were a couple of us there but was desperate for the loo after queueing. After I came back no one was there and seemed to miss everyone every time. Weather was rubbish unfortunately and made the drive there and back hard work but meant the first drift practice session was interesting!

Don't know if it was the weather or not but the event this year didn't seem anywhere near as good as what I remembered it being 6 years ago so has left me in doubt whether I'd go again.

Hope to meet those I missed again at some point in future and hope all got home safely.

Ok so track video is uploading :) (here is a quick screenshot..)

attachment.php?attachmentid=138477&stc=1&d=1315178221

This is my telemetry :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=138478&stc=1&d=1315178259

And these are my top speeds and times.. (I was taking it easy :))

LapSectorTimes

================

Lap 1 (RED LINE) (03:44.31) 03:44.31

Lap 2 (GREEN LINE) (03:43.48) 03:43.48

Lap 3 (BLUE LINE) (03:38.06) 03:38.06

Lap 4 (YELLOW LINE) (03:23.13) 03:23.13 (FASTEST LAP)

Lap Sector Maximum Speeds

=========================

Lap 1 (109.1mph) 109.1mph

Lap 2 (99.7mph) 99.7mph

Lap 3 (104.6mph) 104.6mph

Lap 4 (111.1mph) 111.1mph

All in all a good day :) Looking forward to my all day track day at silverstone later on this month :D

vlcsnap-2011-09-05-00h14m59s81.jpg

aLapRecorder_ST_20110904_214431.png

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Just got home, had a brilliant day despite the rain! Supra ran a 4.92 on the 0-60 which I'm really happy about, not bad for an 18 year old automatic ;) haha!

That is a good time considering how slippery the track was! I think we spoke at the 0-60 event - I was in the silver Supra. I ran a best time of 3.95 seconds which I think was the quickest time of the day until a Nissan GT-R ran 3.5!!

Simon

That is a good time considering how slippery the track was! I think we spoke at the 0-60 event - I was in the silver Supra. I ran a best time of 3.95 seconds which I think was the quickest time of the day until a Nissan GT-R ran 3.5!!

Simon

Cheers mate, yeah I was the young lad with the white and black supra!

Thought it was a respectable time baring in mind it's on 18"s and only basic bpu, still running stock intercooler and only 0.9/1.0 Bar boost. Hoping to get some 15"s with drag radials and a high stall along with boost controller and fmic as soon as money allows. Although I have been considering the W58 manual conversion as I'm only planning on running bpu power, not sure if the 5 speed manual would make me quicker or slower in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile??

Oh, and I saw a few of your runs! car looked mental. Nice meeting you chap!