The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Considering Selling..!!

Havard

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can they do? Are they trained to fetch slippers, newspapers, do the washing up etc? As I may be interested.

No, afraid not. They tend to dirty clothes, walls, carpets etc. They occasionally sit still and watch TV and then resort to using your furniture as some sort of climbing frame. The bicker a lot but are really good at eating crisps, ice pops and then leaving to packaging on the floor or furniture.

They need bathing once a month and will keep away from the car if you shout loud enough.

H.

Like I said the other day (when I was washing your car for you lol :D) The Supra is stunning full stop the end lol! and I think you just need to use it more and stop worrying about it getting scratched etc. Honestly I feel the same most of the time with the R34 but I'm getting over it and keep using it! Otherwise it will be an expensive paper weight!

The best car (most fun for most of the time i.e. reliable, fast and fun) that I've ever had is when my Supra was Stock/BPU. I used it winter and summer, ice, rain you name it! I even used it to shift 3 tone of soil when I did my garden at the last house! I washed it and cleaned it out every week or so and it was fine! As I said the other day I think you are worried about being caught out by it and Supra can be hard to handle in slipper conditions with kick down etc but honestly that is just a case of driver training and getting use to it! Like I said the other day I spent many a happy hour on a mates private car park at night in the rain learning to drive it and more to point finding where the limits are of me and car!

Also like I said the other day I would seriously test an RS4 before you buy one as through a set of corners it didn't feel nibble to me! Don't get me wrong lovely car, great noise but it felt very heavy round the bends!

I probably drive mine less than you H. Mine rarely comes out of the garage nowadays but I still wouldn't consider selling it.

When I do take it out it just makes it all the more special. It HAS to be manual for me though, like yourself I just don't enjoy the auto experience. If I was using my Supra as an everyday car the Auto box would probably be a luxury. But for when you just want to go out for a wee run, nothing beats the 6spd IMO.

You need to have the mindframe that the Supra isn't really your car, it's your toy. If you can live with that then I see no reason to sell. Obviously you need something sensible for the mundane but there must be a compromise somewhere surely?

Hi H

Stop being a tart and be grateful you have managed to do 3000 miles... I have literally done the mileage on the dragonball and that's it since Feb 2010....

At the moment the top half of the engine is in pieces (bucketless shim conversion) and the interior is out while I rewire the stereo and put in a new amp...

The plan is to get it all back in one piece by the end of July so stop mopping and get out driving !

Hi to Vicki also... Give him a nudge ;)

Rob

Like I said the other day (when I was washing your car for you lol :D) The Supra is stunning full stop the end lol! and I think you just need to use it more and stop worrying about it getting scratched etc. Honestly I feel the same most of the time with the R34 but I'm getting over it and keep using it! Otherwise it will be an expensive paper weight!

The best car (most fun for most of the time i.e. reliable, fast and fun) that I've ever had is when my Supra was Stock/BPU. I used it winter and summer, ice, rain you name it! I even used it to shift 3 tone of soil when I did my garden at the last house! I washed it and cleaned it out every week or so and it was fine! As I said the other day I think you are worried about being caught out by it and Supra can be hard to handle in slipper conditions with kick down etc but honestly that is just a case of driver training and getting use to it! Like I said the other day I spent many a happy hour on a mates private car park at night in the rain learning to drive it and more to point finding where the limits are of me and car!

:yeahthat:

For once i agree with what this man says which isnt usually very often! :D

Lovely looking car there.

This car has always been "for best". As a fresh jap import I got it undersealed and have tried to avoid driving it in wet/snow as it would affect it's condition both underneath and with the paint....

The main problem here, is that you live in the North-west! Either embrace the rain, or it really will just be a paperweight ;)

The main problem here, is that you live in the North-west! Either embrace the rain, or it really will just be a paperweight ;)

Time to move and get a garage me thinks. Either way, I think we made a mistake getting the Tiptronic. There is nothing "wrong" with the way it drives and using the buttons can be fun. I just prefer using a gearstick when I am hooning.

H.

1) Sell the Sup

2) emigrate to somewhere with a sunny climate

3) Pop on here every so oftern and tell us what it feels like to get some decent weather

:D

If that was a possibility I would have been long gone 10 years ago.

But thats cause rob was a fool and bought a taxi thinking it would reliable !

The supra in the end was just as bad! I went through more gearboxes than I can remember!

I don't think Rob and Reliable often go together.

H.

Nail hammer hitting springs to mind! That is sooooo true hence why the new one will be stock!

Ps I still think you should keep it and just drive the bugger :) it really is one of the nicest about!

H mate,

long thread as ever as you have so many good friends and on lookers on here.

If I am honest with you I miss my NA Supra every day, the tiptronic Mk2 Aristo is good, but I loved my Supra, yes it was a 5 speed NA. but I loved it with a big passion.

My Mk1 Aristo was also a passion that nearly killed me, it was a 6 Speed Manual TT, handling was fabulous (and I drove it everyday) was superb feeling and made me feel good.

In the ned my friend, if you decide to keep the Supra great, if you sell it, you will miss it. But on another note Supra or not you are welcome at JAE.

We will have a NSX, an Aristo and an assortment of other cars from the members who we know will turn up and have a good time. The Supra IMHO is the car that will steal the show at JAE this year, and whether you are still driving it or not you will still ne there having a ball with me.

Don't buy a BMW, but I remember racing Pig in his RS4 last year at it was a flying machine

oh yes :flasher: just for Vicki and Ian

H mate,

long thread as ever as you have so many good friends and on lookers on here.

If I am honest with you I miss my NA Supra every day, the tiptronic Mk2 Aristo is good, but I loved my Supra, yes it was a 5 speed NA. but I loved it with a big passion.

My Mk1 Aristo was also a passion that nearly killed me, it was a 6 Speed Manual TT, handling was fabulous (and I drove it everyday) was superb feeling and made me feel good.

In the ned my friend, if you decide to keep the Supra great, if you sell it, you will miss it. But on another note Supra or not you are welcome at JAE.

We will have a NSX, an Aristo and an assortment of other cars from the members who we know will turn up and have a good time. The Supra IMHO is the car that will steal the show at JAE this year, and whether you are still driving it or not you will still ne there having a ball with me.

Don't buy a BMW, but I remember racing Pig in his RS4 last year at it was a flying machine

oh yes :flasher: just for Vicki and Ian

Cheers Tom,

After discussions today it looks likely that we will be letting her go. I have already had one pm expressing an interest. We may look at getting a really late NA manual or even a TT6 if we can pick one up cheap enough. We are in no rush. I want to sort our some test drives and organise some deals with regard to insurance.

H.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, further to this thread it now looks like we are keeping her.

A perfect house has come up for sale and we will need all of our savings to get it. If anything I am slightly relieved as having a substantial deposit for a house in our bank account has given me some strange ideas for buying stupid cars. If we get the house we will have the best of both worlds, a double garage and a nice car to put in it.

We may trade down to an NA at some point but we'll have to think about that.

H.