The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dude/AFR Drag car 1024 BHP ATW's.

JamieP

Just a shame you cant open the doors to get in, the Rotortest is accepted as being the blue riband of dynos !!!!!

Just open the door before you bolt the dyno on, made no odds, i agree that rototest seems the best, just the double the price of a dynapack though.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice kit but for that money Id rather a dynapack, Dans one was superb, he had the best fan setup ive seen an all, i think he said it was a 125k.

Yeah the dynapack seems pretty good VFM. Abbey had a great setup as well. It's good enough to dyno John Bradshaw's 6 second drag car as well.

Rotortest is the better one, but 250k is crazy!!!

Good work guys and no probs with Syvecs stuff.... it is my job at syvecs tho. I bet Matt wont want to use another ecu now he has been treated today with the knock control and safety strategys which no other in its range has :)

Just hope the weather holds out for thursday!!

It got there in the end tho and i bet you wished you had taken it to TDI earlier guys like i said 3 monthes ago!!! The thing about TDI's setup is the cell and i have not seen a dyno cell better around the world yet (bar engine dyno cells) Everyone thinks the cell is all about the fan sizes etc but nearly every cell has a cooling fan which seriously over power the extraction which causes pressure issues in the cell and one of the reason why cars need to be road tweaked afterwards. Well Tdi monitors the pressure in the cell and temp in the cell to mantain a pressure of your choice enabling a proper map to be done for all temps and baro pressures.

The runs do seem to drag and really test a car but at least you know it can handle a 10 second blast with ease! The whiftbitz race car i run at 26 seconds sweep to ensure in a race event with a long straight they are perfect.

Ryan

Make sure you use some race gas which is not oxygenated tomorrow with the nos BTW. But a 200hp shot will have that spooled up by 4000rpm.

Good work guys and no probs with Syvecs stuff.... it is my job at syvecs tho. I bet Matt wont want to use another ecu now he has been treated today with the knock control and safety strategys which no other in its range has :)

Just hope the weather holds out for thursday!!

It got there in the end tho and i bet you wished you had taken it to TDI earlier guys like i said 3 monthes ago!!! The thing about TDI's setup is the cell and i have not seen a dyno cell better around the world yet (bar engine dyno cells) Everyone thinks the cell is all about the fan sizes etc but nearly every cell has a cooling fan which seriously over power the extraction which causes pressure issues in the cell and one of the reason why cars need to be road tweaked afterwards. Well Tdi monitors the pressure in the cell and temp in the cell to mantain a pressure of your choice enabling a proper map to be done for all temps and baro pressures.

The runs do seem to drag and really test a car but at least you know it can handle a 10 second blast with ease! The whiftbitz race car i run at 26 seconds sweep to ensure in a race event with a long straight they are perfect.

Ryan

Make sure you use some race gas which is not oxygenated tomorrow with the nos BTW. But a 200hp shot will have that spooled up by 4000rpm.

Sounds like they have an awesome setup there.

Is there any specific reasons to not run an oxygenated fuel with NOS? Or is it just for Dude's setup?...

Sounds like they have an awesome setup there.

Is there any specific reasons to not run an oxygenated fuel with NOS? Or is it just for Dude's setup?...

In a nut shell the burn is not as stable and why Sunaco made MaxNos which is now only oxygenated slighty if you check out the specs of it.

A few people seem to think the Dyno-Mite is a serious competitor for the Rota Test, but I like the way the Swedes use the dyno to power the fans, very clever way to absorb some of the power.

http://www.land-and-sea.com/axle-hub_dyno/axle-hub-dyno.htm

Well done John and the team, don't get carried away though. That's already a massive amount of power :) NOS frightens me.

In a nut shell the burn is not as stable and why Sunaco made MaxNos which is now only oxygenated slighty if you check out the specs of it.

Ah ok, Yes Abbey mentioned Maxnos is what they use on their race car as well... Seems cheaper than the VP as well.

Hi guys.

Sadly it's not good news, our luck continues with this car :( All was looking good, race fuel in and made a start on NOS mapping

but well into a power run and the turbo has had an issue, I'm sure Dude will update fully later

Annoying really, had got to 1160hp at the hubs and was still climbing, but I heard a noise thru the det cans and pulled out of the run.

Thanks for all your well wishes, the car has been a lot of work and all work has been done here. We finally thought the horsepower gods were going to smile on us ! But not yet. But they will ;)

Edited by Muffleman (see edit history)