The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dude/AFR Drag car 1024 BHP ATW's.

JamieP

What lenth runs was the dyno set to? iirc default was 20sec, they seem go on forever and rather scarey, think Ryan changed it to 15 sec when we was doing my car.

Edit.. looks like 15 second run in the video.

18 secs dude, I know I could not watch at first!!!!

Just got to hope Carlmadboy does not want to race, I cant beat the G6 Supra !!!! innit

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks El Miglet, it seems to rev forever, the sweep on the hub dyno feels like its torturing the car.

I should think the amount of torture you have planned for the car doesn't even compare to what it's going through on the dyno :D

If I had known you were up at TDI's today I would have popped in to say hi on my way past.

I should think the amount of torture you have planned for the car doesn't even compare to what it's going through on the dyno :D

If I had known you were up at TDI's today I would have popped in to say hi on my way past.

We are back from 8 tomorrow morning for prob 3 hours.

Sound immense:D

Scott, from what I gathered at Abbey's hub dyno the sweep is how long the actual run is on the dyno. The load is varied to allow it to rev a little quicker or slower. The standard sweep time is 20 on hub dyno's but can be reduced if needs be.

Sound immense:D

Scott, from what I gathered at Abbey's hub dyno the sweep is how long the actual run is on the dyno. The load is varied to allow it to rev a little quicker or slower. The standard sweep time is 20 on hub dyno's but can be reduced if needs be.

The amount of time a 'pull' takes, much longer than a chassis/roller dyno

Ahhah. So does the dyno actually hold the car back then? To stop the car from accelerating too quickly? Must be proper hard going on the engine.

Ahhah. So does the dyno actually hold the car back then? To stop the car from accelerating too quickly? Must be proper hard going on the engine.

Yes the dyno exerts a certain load, otherwise the turbo would never spool, its had 20 runs on this dyno and 50 on ours.

Yup, it attempts to mirror the load and resistance that the engine/hubs would see on the road. It does sound too hard when your car's on the dyno, especially on the long sweep's. But as it's all monitored etc it's safer than on the road.

Yes the dyno exerts a certain load, otherwise the turbo would never spool, its had 20 runs on this dyno and 50 on ours.

Yeah I knew that it put a load on. Must be a strong bit of kit to slow down a 1000hp pull though :D

Nice kit but for that money Id rather a dynapack, Dans one was superb, he had the best fan setup ive seen an all, i think he said it was a 125k.

Just a shame you cant open the doors to get in, the Rotortest is accepted as being the blue riband of dynos !!!!!