The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anybody regret going Single Turbo?

Brazil

If this was aimed at me Rob I'm sorry that it might of annoyed you but I didn't say 500-600 isn't nothing, I just wouldn't go single for 500 I can't see the reward for ploughing thousands into it for little return.

I know you are working with the stock auto box but I bet you wished you could go with a built box a get more gee gees under your bonnet.

That's just my opinion

No mate not at all ha ha, i can see everyones side to it all but you need to have a starting point and we all know you get to a stage where you cant turn back, so onwards and upwards. But no the comment was not aimed to you ricky my auto loom saviour

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No mate not at all ha ha, i can see everyones side to it all but you need to have a starting point and we all know you get to a stage where you cant turn back, so onwards and upwards. But no the comment was not aimed to you ricky my auto loom saviour

Very true bud unfortunately it's an addictive drug and I can tell you now you will want more power, I do but the cost of it is a step to far for me at the moment, that's why I would buy one already done. Envy Demo Car

If this was aimed at me Rob I'm sorry that it might of annoyed you but I didn't say 500-600 isn't nothing, I just wouldn't go single for 500 I can't see the reward for ploughing thousands into it for little return.

I know you are working with the stock auto box but I bet you wished you could go with a built box a get more gee gees under your bonnet.

That's just my opinion

No mate completely not aimed at you my auto loom saviour. If a box comes up when the car is running ill be first to snap it up and crank the boost up, everyone one knows the modifications are never ever finished but you need a starting point.

no abs,traction control, 550bhp (hopefully) i think ill have a scary lively tool and im doing my best to buy the best... personally im happy with that power aim if i achieve it but i know ill get the bhp bug. but no comment not aimed at you ricky

no abs,traction control, 550bhp (hopefully) i think ill have a scary lively tool and im doing my best to buy the best... personally im happy with that power aim if i achieve it but i know ill get the bhp bug. but no comment not aimed at you ricky

I'm sure it will be a lively thing good luck to you.

I remember when I first joined the forum and saw someone say they were going single and were aiming for about 550bhp and I thought "whoa, that's ridiculous!". I then started reading more and now anything I read about someone with under say 700bhp doesn't seem like much at all even though I know it is. My stock(ish) Supra still feels ridiculously fast and after a ride in Si's single (about 550bhp), I can't imagine what yours would feel like Jamie (and others at around that power)!!

Took another mate out yesterday for a quick blast, now this guy used to co-drive rally cars all over the place and had a fairly quick scooby a few years back, i gave it some in 2nd and 3rd, to say this guy shite himself is an understatement, he was climbing around inside the car holding onto the rollcage for dear life and shouting slow down, i must get a passenger cam for these events:d

Took another mate out yesterday for a quick blast, now this guy used to co-drive rally cars all over the place and had a fairly quick scooby a few years back, i gave it some in 2nd and 3rd, to say this guy shite himself is an understatement, he was climbing around inside the car holding onto the rollcage for dear life and shouting slow down, i must get a passenger cam for these events:d

:D

Sure it wasn't your driving rather than the power Si? :D

There's a huge difference between a BPU Supra and a 550hp single Supra. Big peak hp figures don't necessarily make for a fast, drivable street car, it's how the power is delivered for me that's important, eg. my relatively small GT35R would pull from just over 2K rpm and by 4K rpm was making nearly 400hp, peaking at close to 550hp by the rev limit, that's a lot smoother power delivery across more of the rev range compared to any BPU/most big single Supras.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

There's a huge difference between a BPU Supra and a 550hp single Supra. Big peak hp figures don't necessarily make for a fast, drivable street car, it's how the power is delivered for me that's important, eg. my relatively small GT35R would pull from just over 2K rpm and by 4K rpm was making nearly 400hp, peaking at close to 550hp by the rev limit, that's a lot smoother power delivery across the more of the rev range compared to any BPU/most big single Supras.

:thumbs:

There's a huge difference between a BPU Supra and a 550hp single Supra. Big peak hp figures don't necessarily make for a fast, drivable street car, it's how the power is delivered for me that's important, eg. my relatively small GT35R would pull from just over 2K rpm and by 4K rpm was making nearly 400hp, peaking at close to 550hp by the rev limit, that's a lot smoother power delivery across the more of the rev range compared to any BPU/most big single Supras.

Very sensible point. I think if I were ever to go single (I need to get anotehr Supra 1st) I would look for a 'low speed' fast car as opposed to a fast top end car. I'd much prefer to rocket off than know I can get huge power but can't use it unless I have three runways of straight road.