The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just crashed

Dim Sum

all depends on the guy who comes to view most times they dont bother in my experience. id probably take them off anyway if you can though because they wont be taken into consideration with the insurance value so if they do write it off you can get money back by selling your bits.

would like to point out im not an insurance broker or anything ive just seen this kind of thing happen with a few friends cars etc.

Thats fine any information is better then none. Should i start taking out the stereo? its cost me a grand.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stereo doesnt really count on mods but if they're going to take the car id strip everything that isnt standard ( and a few standard bits that they wouldnt realise were missing ) depends what route you want to go down if you want to wash your hands of it id rape it before they took it because thats all thats going to happen to it anyway when it gets to the scrap yard. if you want them to write it off then you buy it back from them and do the repairs yourself just dont let them take the car.

you should take everything out you could re sell as if your going through insurance you wont be seeing it again sorry to say mate, you would be going through her insurance so your mods would be payed for if its not written off. make sure you dont claim off your insurance and keep on at her insurance every week this would take months and they may still write it off then you get book price which is not much really to how much work we all put into the cars.

Had mine 4mth's 52,000km's on her first owner in country, car decided to throw me in to wall going around the roundabout at 40mph ! no one else involved, guy turns up from insurance company , 2 min look WRITE OFF !! :(

They said they'd pick the car up in the week , i got in touch with the insurance company , and said i want a second oppinion on the damage , as it looked all cosmetic ! give it to Interpro at bristol, done a full geo check, chasis etc, came out with a new set of rear springs and alloys ! sent report to insurance company and they let me keep her, but recorded as damaged !

they are still telling me to get a sva check , but i avn't bothered until i want to get shot of her ! no one will buy her , so may aswell keep her now :)

Edited by Dyer864 (see edit history)

okay. Ive spoken to the insurance company, they offered me three options and i took the best one get it repaired!!!

But i don't actually know if it is a write off. I asked for them to send a bodyshop assessor down to check the damage. fingers cross that all it needs is a little filler and alot of love. lol and new parts

In the eyes of the law, its her fault mate, your speed is irrelevant. She shouldnt have merged from the junction until traffic was clear, its even in Theory Test. Even if you were indicating to turn down that road, but were carrying straight on, it would still be her fault.

working along side traffic officers and the things ive seen, it's her fault. please say you rang the police and also took photos of the location and the positioning of your car when it came to rest. also photos of the road to show that no skid marks were left. you never know there may well be some sort of CCTV (hopefully) that will show the whole event!

if you require anything mate just give us a PM and i'll get back to you with some further info!

G

Edited by winnie109
spelling! (see edit history)

Her fault entirely.

You said though that you have mods not declared to the insco? They may well refuse to pay out at all, even if they are only cosmetic mods, if its a mod that is performance enhancing, they will likely use that to get out of paying out.

Your car WILL be a 'write off' and likely Cat D, as it is in a bracket of 'uneconomical to repair' which isnt the same thing as 'cant be repaired'

CAT D cars are worth significantly less resale wise.

Since you will (hopefully) be going through her insurance, some of this is less important, as you SHOULD be 'put back to how it was pre-accident'.

I hope for your sake that the car is in MOT, Tax and that the extra mods dont cause a problem, its possible they will do :(

Really gutted for you mate. :(

Hope it all gets sorted in the end.

I had an accident last year nd my insurance company took my car away to get it assessed. They made me a very low offer and didn't pay me for my mods even though i ha ddeclared everything. :( I'm still trying to sort things out with them and they said they'd only increase my offer if i can provide receipts for them. The fact is they assessors can't "see" mods. They have to have lots of paperwork just so they can value anything.:(

Whatever you do don't let them take it away until they pay you in full.

I've read in the past that if the other party is 100% at fault (not always easy to prove although I agree in this case as the damage starts past the front bumper indicating she has hit you from the side) and the car can be repaired you can push for just that. The insurance company often take the easiest path for them and not the best resolution for you!

Foodfreak years ago had a side on from a Taxi that had similar damage and he push and got a repair done.

I 100% agree with the point about not letting your car out of your sight/hands, fight for a repair and then fight for your choice of repairer, good luck.

I've read in the past that if the other party is 100% at fault (not always easy to prove although I agree in this case as the damage starts past the front bumper indicating she has hit you from the side) and the car can be repaired you can push for just that. The insurance company often take the easiest path for them and not the best resolution for you!

Foodfreak years ago had a side on from a Taxi that had similar damage and he push and got a repair done.

I 100% agree with the point about not letting your car out of your sight/hands, fight for a repair and then fight for your choice of repairer, good luck.

Thanks for the info guys. Thats what im pushing for now. The insurance company recommended repair evaluation guy coming tomorrow. So i see what he says, i've already asked some guys i know from the bodyshop to value it so i know what they want for the repair so i could just ask to get some amount paid to me and repair the car that way.

If the insurance company say its too much to repair and want to write it off, i will asked them to pay me a amount to repair then i just use the guys i know, that would keep it away from any category write off. Plus i asked a few opinions on the damage, everyone of them says its only cosmetics. There's no damage to the structure of the car.

Edited by Dim Sum (see edit history)

So she did not see a WHITE car in the night...Oh my God, she must of been drinking, Really sorry to hear it mate but sounds to me she does not have a leg to stand on....I bet it was VERY hard to keep your cool..

Good you have a few photos mate where the accident was.. Was the police called at that time ? Maybe you should of called them and say that you feel she has had a drink or two or three

Sorry to see this bud, from my 13 years as a panel beater thats not bad at all mate, i would have that back on the road in a day easy. From the pics, new wing, new door and mirror, repair the rest, maybe have to realign the hinges and repair the A pillar.

I wouldnt worry mate IF they write her off then keep her and get it repaired. They'll pay you out you buy it back get it repaired and you might just break even or if done wisely could be quids in.

gutted mate but it looks 1000% her fault , stupid cow, you should of phoned the police and said you can smell drink they would of been there fast lol you shouldnt need to use your insurance company anyway use the legal cover you get with the insurance policy ( think thats right ), i know Sky use Kindertons and they have been awesome but ive not had to claim from my company at all