The mkiv Supra Owners Club

902 bhp dyno video , New Supra SRR Record.

JamieP

Very nice result Jamie. Do you know what the torque was?

900+ bhp with wheel-spin and 1.6 bar only ... that must be insane to drive on the streets dude. :)

Try to get up another dash video like 60-160 ... would love to see that.

I hope to see your beast once in flesh.

Cheers

Luc

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice result Jamie. Do you know what the torque was?

900+ bhp with wheel-spin and 1.6 bar only ... that must be insane to drive on the streets dude. :)

Try to get up another dash video like 60-160 ... would love to see that.

I hope to see your beast once in flesh.

Cheers

Luc

Cheers guys, im not sure what the torque was, will check with charlie when i get a min, i was very much in a rush the night we did a little mapping.

No videos yet, i want to get it on TDI before i go balls out in it, i need to be confident the fueling is spot on, also im still running it in really, i wont hold my foot down for more than a couple of gears at a time yet, i want a couple of thousand miles under its belt before it gets a proper hammering.

nice one Jamie , Couple of thousand miles . you better get a petrol tanker behind you then .

Ive done almost a thousand already, its not as bad on fuel as you would think mark, on a run back for Lee's i averaged 21mpg with a few short blasts.

thats good the engine sounds sweet I hope this one last the test of time, for you, and be good to race you at the pod,

With the way i drive im under no illusions that a 1000+bhp engine will last forever tbh Mark, if it lasts 10k before a refresh i will be a happy man.

well you should see alot more than 10k , for a 1000/1200 bhp engine even with the way you drive. most of the time the engine will only be running at about 3500 rpm and that would be quick, around town. 50k would be a better number to look for Jamie just change the oil every 1000 miles .

Good oil. :thumbs:

Did you fire it up or do any running in at all with mineral oil or has it been synthetic from the first start?

It had a mineral running in oil in it for the first 900ish miles, i changed it just before the dyno mapping, i need to do it again next week as its most likely still got a some of the running in oil in it.

jamie

bit off topic,but is the diff noisey now its solid mounted?

im never going to need to go that route just curious[GRIN][/GRIN]

It dont make any noise that ive noticed, i can feel a very small vibration on pull away now but im not sure if thats the solid mounted TRD diff or twin plate clutch groaning at me, im pushing things a bit now for the twin plate, might have to upgrade to a triple.

jamie how soft is your rear suspension mate ? springs right off and shocks on full soft ? i want some grip in second gear aswell god dam it ! lol

Yup, full soft , geo is setup to account for a little squat an all.

How would your car cope now if you were to run at santa pod against jurgens r35 gtr ? Who would win ? Would be one hell of a race !

Hope to go against Jurgen at suprapod, he needs a win, last time it was 1-0 to me:d i dont think it will be as easy this time though.

so far the carbonetics tripple has been awesome in mine jamie, bloody noisy at 2k rpm but other than that a nice clutch, good pedal feel once warm aswell.

If i change i will go RPS triple CC or maybe Tilton, i have always been a fan of the RPS stuff.

Ive done almost a thousand already, its not as bad on fuel as you would think mark, on a run back for Lee's i averaged 21mpg with a few short blasts.

I dont even get on mine and its half the power of what your car is capable of pushing...

Thats fantastic fuel efficiency. Wonder what the secret it (and i know it cant be Jamie as he has a lead foot) :)