The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just Quoted £168 Fully Comp with Agreed Valuation

mr lover

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was told i couldn't get a classic car policy because i'm not old enough you have to be 30 years of age now to get a classic car policy, its this ture i'm 29 this year :-(

I mentioned this in another thread. Purity14 put me onto Lynbrook after they quoted him £275 on my old NA. He is 26/27 if I remember correctly. I would get back on to them and get some clarification. There was a guy called Richard at their Bradford office who seemed quite clued up.

H.

I just tried this and it came out over double what im paying now but £240 cheaper than Sky quoted me.

I'll never understand insurance comps or brokers as some of it makes no sense to me, a 3000 limited mileage policy is only £20 more than a 1500 limited mileage policy ?

Guest wantthatone
well i just called them and they tell me they dont cover non turbo models so not sure what the crack is with this.

same here, they dont touch j-spec i was told,

Guest Gadgetman

I will give them a call tomorrow to see what they say, as i also have a j-spec but lynbrook told me this week £325 on a classic policy which is still £200 better than admiral multi-car!!

Awesome, new cover through surestream was £1300, now £868.21 with mods, starts on Wed.

Nice one...

So got my new policy documents this morning. All completely different to what I asked for. Also a number of forms about all of my other insurance poilicies which were not optional and had to be filled in for the policy to be valid past 28 days.

No option for 3rd party cover on other vehicles. Excess £100 more than on the phone. No mods listed even though aI gave them a full list on the phone. So I called them, they cannot add the other items to the policy even though they already said they would on the phone.

So I rang Adrian Flux who my policy was with. Asked them to match it with all the extras. Came in £30 cheaper. Took out a policy with Adrian Flux.

Rang Surestream to cancel and found out that they are going to charge me £10 arrangment fee, £30 cancellation fee, £29 summit for underwriters fee. So only giving me £130ish pounds back when I paid a £197 pound first payment 5 days ago and the policy was only supposed to start today.

I was sitting here wondering if the guy on the other end of the phone had a horse, black facemask and a gun. Bl***y bandits.

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole and will be persuing some of my cash back.