The mkiv Supra Owners Club

None turbo quarter mile times

skippyboyo1

You can shave soooo much time off that mate, no offence but i am 99% confident i would be beating your time now with my 232 dodgydyno bhp, you should easily be in the 13s with that as it is now i am confident of doing a low 14.

Get back out there and drive like a tool :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can shave soooo much time off that mate, no offence but i am 99% confident i would be beating your time now with my 232 dodgydyno bhp, you should easily be in the 13s with that as it is now i am confident of doing a low 14.

well i spent a whole day and at least 30 runs looking at all these slips and i felt and still feel 14.2 was going to be the best it would ever do,i always wanted to be in the 13's but it never happend.i must admit though im happy with 14.3 looking at what other people are doing.

im going to try and get it on a different dyno when ive finished putting it back together and ill update on here again

I have one of them apps on my android phone that does your 0-60 and quarter mile and it thinks my supra can do 0-60 in 5secs, sure your not using the same app?

What's that smell?

Horse plop?

the slips on guys....think we can now say you were wrong.[COOL][/COOL]

the slips on guys....think we can now say you were wrong.[COOL][/COOL]

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but those guy's were doubting your bhp figures, not the 1/4 time, stock N/A's have done similar times on the 1/4 so that was never the issue;)

I like to know how. The offical figures in the Drag times don't back up that claim.

His reaction time is pretty good, his Terminal is good and the only other car faster has a big shot of naaaws. Are you suggesting he uses the "Hollywood top gear" for that last burst of speed?

I doubt that very much TBH. I drove my TT at the pod and managed a 13.3 as my best run before I started playing with it.

I like to know how. The offical figures in the Drag times don't back up that claim.

His reaction time is pretty good, his Terminal is good and the only other car faster has a big shot of naaaws. Are you suggesting he uses the "Hollywood top gear" for that last burst of speed?

I doubt that very much TBH. I drove my TT at the pod and managed a 13.3 as my best run before I started playing with it.

It is quite easily possible but we will have to wait and see at suprapod, i am confident of my car as it is doing a low 14, if i can get it to 250bhp by then it will be 14.0 high 13's im sure

In all hoesty i dont believe his car is 285 bhp if it is he is very slow at changing gear, if it is 285 i could 99% make it go 1 second quicker

It is quite easily possible but we will have to wait and see at suprapod, i am confident of my car as it is doing a low 14, if i can get it to 250bhp by then it will be 14.0 high 13's im sure

It's not quite easily possible at all though, is it? Otherwise you'd have done it already. :) You're just guessing, and drag racing depends on a lot of factors coming together to get that magic 1/4-mile figure.

In all hoesty i dont believe his car is 285 bhp if it is he is very slow at changing gear, if it is 285 i could 99% make it go 1 second quicker

There's nothing like setting yourself up for a fall. I'll make sure I'm watching at Pod this year because I don't think theres any chance of you getting into the 13's.

My car dyno'd at 226bhp and the very best I could do was 15.01 so good luck.

It's not quite easily possible at all though, is it? Otherwise you'd have done it already. :) You're just guessing, and drag racing depends on a lot of factors coming together to get that magic 1/4-mile figure.

I havnt been to the drag strip yet in the supra :)

I know all about drag racing ive been enough times in various cars and always beat what people 'thought' was possible (apart from the pulsar but please dont go there :( )

I am just going to wait till suprapod then we will find out, if it doesnt do what i 'think/am confident' it will do i will hold my hands up and say i am wrong.

There's nothing like setting yourself up for a fall. I'll make sure I'm watching at Pod this year because I don't think theres any chance of you getting into the 13's.

My car dyno'd at 226bhp and the very best I could do was 15.01 so good luck.

If i can get it to 250hp then i 'think' i can do it. by all means have a giggle at me if i dont do it :)

You are prob in for a bit of a shock if you think 35hp will drop a second off your time. In fact you and pretty much everyone else gets the wrong end of the thread with drag racing, its torque that will give you a better time and HP will give you a better terminal, heres an example

If you have a 1500kg car with 500hp and 500 ft lbs that runs 12.00 sec @ 130mph, if you gain 100 hp and everything else stays the same it will prob run virtually the same ET but prob at 134 mph, if you kept 500hp and gained 100 ft lbs it will prob run 11.5 still at 130 mph, of course this never happens because changing hp will always change torque as well. Ive seen some quick diesels down the strip, they have loads of torque but little HP, the NA does struggle a little with torque which even in this tuned one if it is 285 is prob not much more than stock.

I know myself and Bobbeh had to put in a fair few runs to get sub 14 secs in our completely stock Uk manual TT's. Now I know they are lardy but they were definitely way faster than the na's i've had. If i was trying to drag an NA then other the basic engine tuning bits and bobs Neil etc have done i'd go for weight reduction and some sticky tyres........i've yet to see a NA do the strip on some dedicated drag tyres.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but those guy's were doubting your bhp figures, not the 1/4 time, stock N/A's have done similar times on the 1/4 so that was never the issue;)

no not having that, the coment states "i have one of those apps"...and so on this is refering to my quarter mile time (which is now proved 100% true as i stated) happy to have the fastest na on here with out noz to be honest.

thanks for telling me! 0.2 secs hum? thats good to know. anyway its got high lift cams,a piggy back ecu,racing manifold straight through with no cats and an uprated fuel pump.my friend from toyota found most of this out when hes done bits and bobs on it.plus when he drove it he said ids defo been played with.ill get my slip on asap

where do i put it??

How did your friend check that they are not stock cams? Do you know what make and spec they are?

What brand is the exhaust manifold? Did it come from Japan with it already fitted? Could you post some pics, interested in seeing it?

What ECU is fitted? Was this fitted in Japan? Did you check the mapping when you dynoed the car?