The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My JZA80 coming back to life project

skippyboyo1

It looks so nice as it is though!

Its not going to be orange is it..... And as above, its a great looking car as it is :)

Hahaha you will have to wait and see, I Find a product comes out and everyone gets it so ultimately we all end up with simular supras, I like to be different so it's time to do something different that has not been done before, I 100% won't be spoiling the car though, I'd like to think I have good taste!

Not messing around with this though, I need the car back in my garage before the rubbish weather so will jacking the suspension up and putting some different wheels on so the car will fit on the trailor, it will then be going to the bodyshop this month. As soon as the cars back, lowered an back on its wheels all bang the pics up! ill make sure I get the whole process documented also.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok just been to my bodyshop and after a long descussion my plans might spoil the look of the car and that's not something I want to risk!

The plans were - vortex generators custom fabricated using metal and changing the front wings again metal fabricating, my ideas would look fantastic on a more extreme looking supra but I've put a lot of thought in to mine when building it and I'm happy with the look.

it is however still going to the bodyshop to have the rear window out so we can remove the rear window washer nipple as I've already had the wiper smoothed off when I had the car re painted, I will also be having the rear window seal replaced as its looking tired

- - - Updated - - -

Edited by skippyboyo1 (see edit history)

:clap: bravo sir the car looks amazing,love everything about it mate keep up the good work and hope to see it one day at a show with the club :cool:

I'm glad it's staying pretty much as it is :)

Cheers guys, yes I think I've made the best decision! I do have other ideas which will look good which I'm sure you will all love.... Stay posted!

• 2 months later...

Ok so I'm going to start updating this as my phone can't take all the photos.

I agree with some comments on how i shouldn't change the car but I always like to be different! I also have a nagging carbon addiction which you will see.

So first job was getting the car to the bodyshop which in itself is a mission! Rotas off, suspension hired to the max so we can get the car on the trailer and headlights out. Amazing how bad the car looks with standard wheels!

My glass headlights are missing as I've sold them......

As you can see the wings are off which leads me on to one of the other reasons the car is in the bodyshop.

I had an idea which involved carbon wings but I didn't want wider wings just to have carbon, yes nur Motorsport do them but there 40mm wider and I didn't want that so I decided we should make some! A lengthy process Incan assure you.... Around 8 weeks, I like carbon but the whole point of this car has been attention to detail so I wanted to paint the wings but leave the carbon showing through, first off deciding the size of the grafix, then choosing the grafix and then getting them made up.......

Next!!!! Carbon boot, I didn't want to simply stick a carbon boot lid on and have done with it so again after lots of thought I decided to do something different plus match the boot to the wings....

First job get the grafic in the right place an have it exactly the right size......

The old rear window rubber had died and time to get rid of that washer jet....