Couple of teaser pictures!

JamieP

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am still keen to see how much "fun" a street car at 1000+ bhp will be, I know it will be insanely quick but will it be perhaps too quick for Uk roads and will this much power be a car breaker and cause reliability issues, lets face it you are hardly subtle with the right foot :D

It was fine at 900bhp/800ftlb on the billet 76mm, out spooled most the 67mm turbos on Ryans website an all, traction was great once i went with the wider arches/tyres.

New turbo is also a billet 76mm but in a bigger frame, with my new divided setup im hoping spool time will still be pretty good and i crack the 1000bhp mark, its rated to be a fastest spooling 1000whp (usa numbers) turbo out there.

Im not expecting a 1000bhp supra to be reliable tbh, if it breaks i will fix it, i dropped two spare short blocks to Lee to build up as spares for me a couple of weeks back.

I don't see why it wouldn't be reliable, it's obviously very well cared for. Even if various expensive parts become 'consumables', I'm sure the overall running costs and maintainance routine will be very reasonable, given the performance/power of the car :)

It was fine at 900bhp/800ftlb on the billet 76mm, out spooled most the 67mm turbos on Ryans website an all, traction was great once i went with the wider arches/tyres.

New turbo is also a billet 76mm but in a bigger frame, with my new divided setup im hoping spool time will still be pretty good and i crack the 1000bhp mark, its rated to be a fastest spooling 1000whp (usa numbers) turbo out there.

Im not expecting a 1000bhp supra to be reliable tbh, if it breaks i will fix it, i dropped two spare short blocks to Lee to build up as spares for me a couple of weeks back.

It is going to be a feckin monster, Jamie, why don't you run your old 76 until the new turbo turns up?

It is going to be a feckin monster, Jamie, why don't you run your old 76 until the new turbo turns up?

With it being smaller frame everything would need changing again, old 76 was 3" vband exhaust and 4" intake.

The new GT billet 76 is 4" exhaust Vband and 5" intake, ic outlet is 3" vband, the s372 is the same, so when the new turbo arrives it should be a simple fit.

With it being smaller frame everything would need changing again, old 76 was 3" vband exhaust and 4" intake.

The new GT billet 76 is 4" exhaust Vband and 5" intake, ic outlet is 3" vband, the s372 is the same, so when the new turbo arrives it should be a simple fit.

I see, makes sense :)

Cheers guys.

Couple of pictures of my fuel setup, this was in the early stage, all the plates made up are painted now including the tank cover.

Bottom of the tank was drilled for a -12 pick up and the pump is mounted under the car so is gravity feed, nice simple setup saved the agro of puller pumps and swirl pots, Lee got the idea from the blitz supra, that has a similar setup.

The fuel pump is a Aeromotive Pro Race 11102 good for 1700bhp.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Liking the fuel pump fitment mate.

I bet lee is checking and double checking tonight, he was hard at it today, no time for a chat when I popped round:)

Yeah, been a lot of fabrication work on this build for him, he has stepped upto it though and done an amazing job, pretty much everything has been changed or messed about with.

The interior alone was a load of work, the cage was a right pita, he had to cut the dash up to fit around it, the cage itself was modded and welded/bolted in, front legs was lifted 2" and the back legs was pushed further back to give a very tight fit and me maximum head room, door bars had to be welded in, then everything dynamatted, it has all new dash panels, new custom mount for the dash2 made, everything rewired, all the switches i need have been hidden now to give a nice un cluttered look.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Yeah, been a lot of fabrication work on this build for him, he has stepped upto it though and done an amazing job, pretty much everything has been changed or messed about with.

The interior alone was a load of work, the cage was a right pita, he had to cut the dash up to fit around it, the cage itself was modded and welded in, front legs was lifted 2" and the back legs was pushed further back to give a very tight fit and me maximum head room, door bars had to be welded in, then everything dynamatted, it has all new dash panels, new custom mount for the dash2 made, everything rewired, all the switches i need have been hiden now to give a nice un cluttered look.

He had to make all new IC pipes and bead them,

Nearly a totally different car then.

Thing is though he loves it.

What time is it kicking off tomorrow bud

The interior alone was a load of work, the cage was a right pita, he had to cut the dash up to fit around it, the cage itself was modded and welded in, front legs was lifted 2" and the back legs was pushed further back to give a very tight fit and me maximum head room, door bars had to be welded in, then everything dynamatted, it has all new dash panels, new custom mount for the dash2 made, everything rewired, all the switches i need have been hiden now to give a nice un cluttered look.

He had to make all new IC pipes and bead them,

sounds amazing, i cant wait to see the finished product.

Is the car moving further away from a fast usable road car and more towards and race/drag car? or are you still keeping all creature comforts?

The interior alone was a load of work, the cage was a right pita, he had to cut the dash up to fit around it, the cage itself was modded and welded/bolted in, front legs was lifted 2" and the back legs was pushed further back to give a very tight fit and me maximum head room, door bars had to be welded in, then everything dynamatted, it has all new dash panels, new custom mount for the dash2 made, everything rewired, all the switches i need have been hidden now to give a nice un cluttered look.

You don't half make Lee up his game bud, lol. :D Going to be cracking once its all up and running. :D You'l be a happy man, :D

Has roof hatch been fitted now you have a cage and door bars :D:

I have a job getting in and out of mine and i'm a foot shorter than you, it does help having seat lowered to floor level but still a pain in the ar*e :blink:

Looking forward to full pictures and seeing how it will now perform, with both yours and Lees ideas and his build skill i'm sure its going to be good