The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Super Widebody Aero VVTi Turbo 6sp project

Ibrar Jabbar

Guest cyber gook

Beautiful Build dude! I will be in touch in the next few days to hopefully get some parts powder-coated with you. Your work looks top notch. If you look in the new members section. I have some pics of my s2000 project in there. Speak soon buddy.

Oh BTW. could you PM me your mobile number at all, or should I call the shop number in your sig?

Cheers

Rob

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ibrar - she's a real beauty mate, you've done an absolutely smashing job :thumbs:

Your torque and power curves are almost identical to mine up to about 5400rpm - and then your's pull away above that. What cams are you using - normal vvtis?

You will love the fast spooling, it makes for such a nice easy drive when you want to do the lazy high gear overtakes :D I guess the vvti is really helping the 91-79 along, doing a similar job to my short runner cast manifold.

Ibrar - she's a real beauty mate, you've done an absolutely smashing job :thumbs:

Your torque and power curves are almost identical to mine up to about 5400rpm - and then your's pull away above that. What cams are you using - normal vvtis?

You will love the fast spooling, it makes for such a nice easy drive when you want to do the lazy high gear overtakes :D I guess the vvti is really helping the 91-79 along, doing a similar job to my short runner cast manifold.

Thanks mate :thumbs:

I have a HKS 264 exhaust side only. I will report back once I road test it.

Looks amazing Ibrar bet your itching to drive it after all the hard work

I am mate, can't wait however I have a couple of problems I have run into which need sorting first.

Jeeez, I need some wider arches, that looks amazing.

LOL, nice one John :thumbs:

Love this car, fantastic build and read up mate!

One of my favourite supras on here! Just stunning! ;)

Thanks mate :thumbs:

Such a lot of work in such a short space of time, too. :)

Yeh, not too bad, considering I started the mechanical in December and also done it out of work hours, weekends, bank holidays, etc. :)

One has a erection

:D You crack me up Wayne :D

It's been a while since I have updated here all due to a few issues with leaks and wanted to sort them before the car goes on the road.

The gearbox had a very minor drip (red line in pic) and the engine oil was dripping (circled red) The gearbox had to come back out. The engine oil leak was diagnosed as some dodgy sealant on the housing and was possibly the main cause of the leak.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=153554&d=1339966811

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=153555&d=1339966811

I replaced the rear main seal and re-sealed the housing (sorry forgot to take pics).

The gearbox bell housing was removed and also resealed. Big thanks to my mate Paul for helping me out on this one :thumbs:

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=153556&d=1339966811

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=153557&d=1339966811

I fitted everything back up yesterday and am pleased to say all the leaks are now gone :) so it's MOT & Tax tomorrow as Ryan is coming up to do the final bit of mapping on Tuesday.

2012-06-12-752sml.jpg

2012-06-13-754sml.jpg

2012-06-14-758sml.jpg

2012-06-14-759sml.jpg

Edited by Ibrar Jabbar (see edit history)

this car looks brand new. Every component looks new.

Glad you solved the problems mate. Bet you can't wait to get in on the road.

and don't forget your bouncy castle is still at my house.

Thanks Ed. I can't wait mate it would have been worse if the weather was better I am nearly done with it now so will pop down once I get a couple of hours free.

Turned out I didn't need the MOT sorting till the end of July, so I gave all the nuts and bolts a once over and headed off to get the wheels aligned. The drive up there was an interesting one as the car was all over the place as the suspension geo was way out, however on the way back after the alignment was sorted I gave it some beans and let's just say it's very quick, quick enough to break traction in 2nd and 3rd. :D

Ryan is setting up the traction control, anti lag and final bit of mapping tomorrow so looking forward to the results and outcome.

The car is booked in at Center Gravity for a full geo setup on the 3rd of July the setup for now is back to stock.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=153616&d=1340055528

2012-06-18-763sml.jpg

whenever you're ready mate.

This is already a legendary supra, and its not even taxed yet ;) Great work bud.

Can not wait to see this at SupraPod!!

That's great mate. I'm over the moon it's all working for you now. Soon be road test and enjoy all the hard work.

Thanks Guys :thumbs:

Great to hear the minor issues are all sorted mate :thumbs:

Thanks mate, I will call you tomorrow regarding the paint detail.

Just read through the last pages.

Great result. Your Supra looks amazing.

Congrats ;)

Looks amazing mate, your attention to detail is fantastic. If you get a chance could you drop me the details of the starter button you used, i fancy having a go at that.

Cheers dude

Looks spot on dude, glad to hear things are all nicely wrapping up

Thanks again Guys, Gaz the engine start is made by Pivot in Japan.