The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tt o2 sensor-£140 from toyota

Parry_10

Received both sensors for my uk a couple of days ago, fitted them today, a bit of a pain and fiddly, took a few hours and a bit of shouting but done now.

Got the sensors from Sparkplugs.co.uk and they are the same ones that Toyota supply, for both of them including delivery they were £121, that's less than the price of one from Mr T.

Anyway thought I would put up a few pics of one of the new ones and both the old.

003.JPG

004.JPG

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fitted one on Saturday, what a pain in the a**e job it turned out to be, someone’s obviously tried to have a go before me and cross threaded the nut on the stud big time:blink:, was seized on solid i actually end up unscrewing the stud with the nut still on it, got it finished eventually though and not used the car enough to notice fuel economy but it seems to run smoother lower down the revs now.

got my o2 sensor, fitted it to the supe the weekend and gave it a service, now the supe is running like a dream, replacing the o2 sensor is defo the best thing i've done to the supe it made a massive difference well worth the money :)

Thats good to hear. I doubt mine's been done for years!

I will be getting one of these DOX-0228 sensors for my j-spec TT GZ.

I haven't fitted it yet ...but...I have a Tenabe medalion cat-back exhaust.

Also...2 decat pipes!

There is a probe hole in each of the 1st & 2nd decat pipes.

Where does the new Denso O2 probe go?

and which hole do I block off.....I will be getting (In the distant future..funds...) an AEM piggyback ECU (Mapped by Ryan G)....would a probe go into the 1st decat for temperature..or somthing....or just blocked off??

:jester:

• 4 weeks later...

I apologise for keep resurrecting this thread :taped:...

Received my O2 sensor yesterday morning, fitment was perfect and went on like stock, After fitting it i took her out for a spin and within seconds ( she was warm already) i realised the low end acceleration was far more responsive and "alive" .. car seems to run alot smoother aswell.

I would recommend if your in doubt.. do it ! You wont be dissapointed, i was actually shocked with how it almost transformed the acceleration. Ive had my sup 2 years and done around 18k miles and havent changed the o2 sensor until now.God knows how long it had been since it was changed.

I know its not really supposed to do anything performance wise but this seems to have made my sup far more responsive, let the fuel saving commence !!

Thanks to the OP for the threads and info on doing this. :)

Got mine from these gus....http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/pages/pricing/ccp/Denso-Lambda-Sensors-ccp.asp....as did a few others. Looks exactly like the stock toyota one but costs 1/3 of the money. Took 3 weeks to get here due to stock issues, fitting this weekend :) or maybe this eve if I get round to it.

Got mine from these gus....http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/pages/pricing/ccp/Denso-Lambda-Sensors-ccp.asp....as did a few others. Looks exactly like the stock toyota one but costs 1/3 of the money. Took 3 weeks to get here due to stock issues, fitting this weekend :) or maybe this eve if I get round to it.

Aye me too, great price :)