The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tt o2 sensor-£140 from toyota

Parry_10

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Received mine this morning, I want to give it a go and try and fit it on myself - how do I go about fitting this?

If you car is a Jspec

Real simple. just undo the 2 nuts of the o2 sensor (think they are 12 mm); I would also recommend wd40 them and leave for 20mins before you try to undo them(makes life alot easier); just keep an eye on the gasket position so you know what way round to put the gasket on.

Follow the loom from the 02 sensor and unplug. (be careful the plug clip can break easy, britle at this stage from years of heat but if it does not the end of the world, just use a tie wrap or insulation tape to secure it, it is a snug fit but no harm in being 110%)

Should take you about 10-15 mins after you soak the nuts in wd40.

I also used small tie wraps to secure the cable between to plug and the O2 sensor (stop it flapping about)

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

Hi,

Ordered one the other day (from sparkplugs) too, it arrived the next day and was fitted yesterday - already notice more of a difference than I was expecting, car seems more responsive and runs better, very pleased!

Fingers crossed for better mpg as an added bonus :-)

Thanks for all great info in this thread, top advice.

Tuan

• 2 years later...