The mkiv Supra Owners Club

worst colour for the supra?

Guest wantthatone

It's all opinions. If it was a good look the motoring trade would have taken it up

It's because it's very expensive and practically unrepairable due to matching issues. Can't really take your styling tips too seriously though when you've done what you've done to your car colour wise :lol:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because it's very expensive and practically unrepairable due to matching issues. Can't really take your styling tips too seriously though when you've done what you've done to your car colour wise :lol:

You can't, but that's because you take things personally.

I went for the stealth look, you went for the in your face look. Just two differing opinions on what looks good. You can't say that my styling tips can't be taken seriously, that would be presumptious that yours can. As you said in your previous post, it's all subjective. If someone was looking for tips on the stealth look I hardly think you would be top of their list for ideas. However, if someone wanted their car to resemble a popular fish, then I reckon you would be right up there :)

Edit: Oh yes...

It's because it's very expensive and practically unrepairable due to matching issues.

No it isn't. If it would sell in numbers it would be done regardless.

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

You can't, but that's because you take things personally.

I went for the stealth look, you went for the in your face look. Just two differing opinions on what looks good. You can't say that my styling tips can't be taken seriously, that would be presumptious that yours can. As you said in your previous post, it's all subjective. If someone was looking for tips on the stealth look I hardly think you would be top of their list for ideas. However, if someone wanted their car to resemble a popular fish, then I reckon you would be right up there :)

Sorry, but lol! :D

And you're the definition of neutral are you? :lol:

Not really sure what you are asking there? I don't take any opinions of my car personally, I never have. I set out to have the car the way I wanted it from the get go.... much like you did I presume? Too many people want to please the masses, we can only give our opinion on what we think looks good. The masses dictate what the popular choices are but beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder.

I'm implying you that you're a hypocrite :)

It might seem that way to you, and a lot of the people on here who I enjoy having fun with, but I don't take anything seriously or personally on here. Some people know me from here (personally) and know that to be true, some people have figured it out on their own but most continue to get wound up blissfully unaware.

Well, that;s not entirely true, I do take some things seriously... but most people will generally be able to tell when that is happening. Generally in threads where I am being helpful with little sarcasm (quite a rare event).

VW harlequin polo (ftw) :D

Seriously though, VW are using a lot of brash colours at the mo. The scirocco for one. Ford too. The new RS has a few options.

O DEAR GOD! the only car on the road that looked like it was a CAT C but was infact stock.

AWFUL!

Someone make a harle supra!

I really liked that harlequin polo. I wouldn't ever think of having one but I thought it was a neat way of advertising..... until I found out it was a colour option lol.

I really liked that harlequin polo. I wouldn't ever think of having one but I thought it was a neat way of advertising..... until I found out it was a colour option lol.

I wonder if VW paid bonuses to sales people selling it? I bet the rolled around the floor laughing at them as the drove away.

http://petrolblog.com/2010/05/07/yesterdays-specials-vw-polo-harlequin/

http://majorgav.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/vw-polo-harlequin-rear.jpg

Sums it up.

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

It might seem that way to you, and a lot of the people on here who I enjoy having fun with, but I don't take anything seriously or personally on here. Some people know me from here (personally) and know that to be true, some people have figured it out on their own but most continue to get wound up blissfully unaware.

Well, that;s not entirely true, I do take some things seriously... but most people will generally be able to tell when that is happening. Generally in threads where I am being helpful with little sarcasm (quite a rare event).

Ok, I quess if you tell yourself enough times you may start believing it.

I wonder if VW paid bonuses to sales people selling it? I bet the rolled around the floor laughing at them as the drove away.

Should have been a discounted car given that they just used the odd bits and bobs that were lying around the factory at the time :D

Stock colour options? Never seen any (other than the MG) with flip paint?

Which ferrari? Or are we talking Katie Price Pink Bentley here?

Yes, stock options. The Mini was available with the same flip paint you talk about on the TVRs.

You can specify Giallo Tristrata paint on the new Ferrari 458 as a £12,800 option.