The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast & Furious 5 - Trip to the Cinema

TJP

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in, Branners, I'll call Bluewater cinema later and run it past them.

Edit, in fact, where's our resident SE event organiser when you need him? :D

He is too busy dreaming of all the things he is going to do with his new car :rolleyes:

I am def up for going to bluewater, any excuse for a bit of retail therapy :eyebrows:

ps just need to get someone to volunteer to do the popcorn run :Popcorn:

Not heard anything back from Showcase, but I've found something more promising. I was telling a woman at my work about it last night, and she said her sister works for Odeon who is the special events manager for the company. She apparently organises things exactly like this, so I'll be giving her a call later.

I'll be asking for one of screens at Lakeside retail park, so we'll have plenty of parking for supras :)

Edited by pistonbroke (see edit history)

Not heard anything back from Showcase, but I've found something more promising. I was telling a woman at my work about it last night, and she said her sister works for Odeon who is the special events manager for the company. She apparently organises things exactly like this, so I'll be giving her a call later.

I'll be asking for one of screens at Lakeside retail park, so we'll have plenty of parking for supras :)

Well done sir!!

• 2 weeks later...

The film is released on the 21st April, so perhaps we look at the 22nd April. I have somebody looking in to cheap tickets so we might do a block booking and then work out how we issue the tickets. It would be Odeon cinemas, theres one in Lakeside, not sure if theres anything closer to Kent, but a run through the tunnel would be nice!!

The film is released on the 21st April, so perhaps we look at the 22nd April. I have somebody looking in to cheap tickets so we might do a block booking and then work out how we issue the tickets. It would be Odeon cinemas, theres one in Lakeside, not sure if theres anything closer to Kent, but a run through the tunnel would be nice!!

I will be up for this and love the idea of a tunnel run before and after the film

Bear in mind, I'm funding the event, but not organising it. If this is going to happen can somebody please pick it up and run with it?

The chaps north of the border have been to see the cinema manager in Glasgow and sorted a deal, and I have agreed to fund it. So if somebody pulls their finger out on this we can do the same.

Just waiting for prices to come back to Dean and then we can work out what we can do.

Bear in mind, I'm funding the event, but not organising it. If this is going to happen can somebody please pick it up and run with it?

The chaps north of the border have been to see the cinema manager in Glasgow and sorted a deal, and I have agreed to fund it. So if somebody pulls their finger out on this we can do the same.

I thought you was waiting for prices to come back John ?

Im happy to ask speak with Basingstoke screen's but I dont think that'll be of any use to most will it ?

Dan, any news on this?

Nice one Branners! :thumbs:

I thought you was waiting for prices to come back John ?

Im happy to ask speak with Basingstoke screen's but I dont think that'll be of any use to most will it ?

Think it is worth getting a quote though!