The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast and Furious 5 Meet Xscape Glasgow

Geo

I have asked for a transfer to be made for 76 x £8.40 = £638.40. So unless your name was in that list of 76 tickets then it is probably a no.

To be honest this one has got out of hand, so I'm hoping to see a MASSIVE set of donations on the day towards the Red Cross Japanese Appeal, especially from the non-members.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused, what happens to the rest of the people not included in the 76?

what people not included in the 76? I havent added up the numbers or anything and I rely on those organising it to tell me how many tickets, but I would have thought 76 tickets was enough and I know I wouldnt actually be paying for any more than that as its over the budget already.

Page 11 in this thread is the most up to date list as far as I can tell, lists 90 confirmed attendees.

That wasn't a malicious remark, as there are lists for this everywhere it is pretty confusing. I'm surprised no limits were set when it was discussed about throwing this open to all the other clubs too, I don't think its a massive number that considered.

Can we resolve what happens to the shortfall of people? Someone will have to take the hit.

Page 11 in this thread is the most up to date list as far as I can tell, lists 90 confirmed attendees.

That wasn't a malicious remark, as there are lists for this everywhere it is pretty confusing. I'm surprised no limits were set when it was discussed about throwing this open to all the other clubs too, I don't think its a massive number that considered.

Can we resolve what happens to the shortfall of people? Someone will have to take the hit.

That someone I take it will be the non club members or other clubs.

It doesnt really matter Abz, only the fact that some are included and now some will not be. I would hapilly have donated more than the price of the cinema ticket as I'm sure most would so can/should we take the hit to save face. Buy our own tickets and just donate a bit less to the appeal. Whats the consensus from those going from here?

Itll be fine im sure. My only concern is beating geo to the popcorn :)

No chance of that Bud, i swear im going all out on food this sat. :D If you want to keep up, go for it :D

Whatever you do, don't reach into his if he offers you any :D

Dam you Scott, had that hole in the bottom of my pop corn all measured up. Need to try something else now, as everyone will be expecting that. :p

I'll be paying the ticket price plus a donation, tbh I dont see why the forum should be/has paid at all and at the maximum I would think the funding supplied should ONLY be for the mkivsupra.net members which is significantly less than the 76.... but thats not my call.

To me its pretty simple though, I want to go to the film, I would have anyway - so I'll pay and make sure my +1 guest does too. I'm just looking forward to seeing some nice cars (hopefully) and watching a shoddy film with like minded folks.

All I want to know is - what time folks are aiming for?

It doesnt really matter Abz, only the fact that some are included and now some will not be. I would hapilly have donated more than the price of the cinema ticket as I'm sure most would so can/should we take the hit to save face. Buy our own tickets and just donate a bit less to the appeal. Whats the consensus from those going from here?
To be honest it isn't my place to say as this is the Scotland meet, but I guess we could tell the other clubs we only have 76 tickets. Club members get them free (for obvious reasons) and then the left overs get divided to the other clubs so then first people on the list get them free. Not that they can complain, end of the day another club is offering to pay for the tickets. Who ever organised the tickets could maybe get the people who have to pay for their own tickets the discount price.

But like I said, not my place to say, I only came on to say Branners laughed at my CTR! :(

So then what happens to the money Branners has put up for the 76 tickets?

Why not have everyone pay their own way, and the money that was originally put up for tickets can be the donation, and anymore gathered on the day can be added to it?

So then what happens to the money Branners has put up for the 76 tickets?

Why not have everyone pay their own way, and the money that was originally put up for tickets can be the donation, and anymore gathered on the day can be added to it?

The money put forward for the tickets goes towards the tickets, if 100 people go... 76 tickets are paid. 100 people paying £10 = £1000. If the tickets are £8 then the total funding for the day is £1608, £800 going towards tickets and £808 going towards charity... win win.

Well, going your way, that would mean that different people would be paying different amounts. If it's a set amount everyone is paying the same money, and it is very little over the price of a ticket.

TBH I didn't think it was THAT confusing :p

The money put forward for the tickets goes towards the tickets, if 100 people go... 76 tickets are paid. 100 people paying £10 = £1000. If the tickets are £8 then the total funding for the day is £1608, £800 going towards tickets and £808 going towards charity... win win.

Well, going your way, that would mean that different people would be paying different amounts. If it's a set amount everyone is paying the same money, and it is very little over the price of a ticket.

TBH I didn't think it was THAT confusing :p

Haha fair enough :D Im easily confused dude :p

I might actually make an appearance at this one, but i'll have to get the bus :cool: