The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast and Furious 5 Meet Xscape Glasgow

Geo

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stef 1

list is coming along slowly on skylineowners will push it a bit more this coming weeks to get the numbers up,also been posted on clan japans staff room and will be geting posted on the forum shortly for all members to attend,waiting on word back from my nephew on the mlr peeps attending,when is this geting booked or do you have a price for the full cinema yet,would of thought they might do us a deal with the publicity of all our cars parked outside for the launch.lol.

list is coming along slowly on skylineowners will push it a bit more this coming weeks to get the numbers up,also been posted on clan japans staff room and will be geting posted on the forum shortly for all members to attend,waiting on word back from my nephew on the mlr peeps attending,when is this geting booked or do you have a price for the full cinema yet,would of thought they might do us a deal with the publicity of all our cars parked outside for the launch.lol.

Ok thanks stef, lets us know.

On the other news i have had a reply about a price and it isnt a good 1!

I have looked into this for you and the film will be opening in either of the two screens below

ODEON Braehead

Private Screening of Fast and Furious 5

Screen 7 - 323 seats

Cost of hire = £2,317 + vat

ODEON Braehead

Private Screening of Fast and Furious 5

Screen 11 - 259 seats

Cost of hire = £1,887 + vat

Please let me know if either of these would be suitable for you

Kind regards

Katy Tomlin | Sales Coordinator

This now comes to the question, do we charge non-members and other clubs an "X" ammount to make up the costs, i have spoke to branners and know how much the club is willing to put in, so could make the rest up BUT that would mean a decent turn out!!

The other option is that we change the venue to another cinema and try get it cheaper. Is there a vue or cineworld anywhere near this?

Please keep the replies on topic bout this problem and any questions please pm me, if replies arent on topic they will be removed!

WOW, didn't Expect that amount. :blink:

Taking into account say £8 per person, @ 300 Seats = £2400

No way in hell we would get 300 seats filled. Even with friends coming along. Can we not negotiate with them?

I think Vue charge around £8 per person on exclusive hire, so a 100 seat screen would be £800. Thats the price they quoted me back in January last year.

Much more acceptable IMO.

I'm not sure how small the screens are, but they do have a relatively small one.

Guest stef 1

There is also a showcase in coatbridge just of the m8,if you were to book the one at xscape it would work out at just under £9 each but would have to fill 259 seats to get it at that price,there is 10 names on skylineowners up to now for this and im not sure on the numbers on clan japan yet,say there is 10 on there up to now, thats only 20 plus the numbers on here,so maybe a better idea geting a smaller venue,or we make a time and date and just book our own tickets for that time and date at the sameplace and anyone else wanting to come just gets sent to that venue with time and date,just an idea to save anyone being out too much money for this.

I have somebody looking in to how we can do this with discounted tickets. So perhaps we buy a whole bunch of tickets for a specific showing and then we work out how to issue out the tickets.

It would be Odeon so I assume there is one of those in Glasgow..

Just to confirm UK release date of this is now 21st April. We get this before the US for some strange reason.

we can still have it on the 30th cause it would be easier for everyone and the chance is it wont be so busy as it would be for the premier.

**Update**

raz is having a meeting tomorow lunch time with the manager from xscape to see if they can work something out for this so when i know i will let everyone else know in here!

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

13 tickets for skylineowners and 17 tickets for clan japan up to now and hopefully more everyday.

thats great stef, can you give me the list of names from clan japan please so i can edit the proper list and i will also have a wonder over to your forum and get the names from there.