Johnny's HKS Twin Build thread

hodge

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you got all the original HKS coolant pipes still?

How are the fans switched, off the ecu or a thermo switch? Have you got the current map in an e-mailable format?

The fans are ECU switched. We don't have the coolant pipes, no. Although, I believe John has spoken to Lee P about his water lines.

Ryan might have a copy of the map - but I don't. I'll email Ryan to see what I can get.

I want to blank off the water cooling lines to both turbos and see what happens. This is not as they should be run, but I consider they will be OK if the car is kept off boost. Turbo Dynamics agree. It's YOUR risk though, so I am asking, is this OK with you? :) I intend to run it stationary for as long as it's happy, if it's happy stationary I want to take it for a drive keeping out of any real boost. I will monitor ECT on the laptop and on the stock gauge and use my NG* to sense steam and antifreeze loss. The turbos are already a bit *uggered.

NG= Nose gauge.

Chris I fitted an over ride switch for the fans. It's the rectangular switch to the left under the dash. The round switch next to it is the rear fog.

The turbo kit didn't come with any water or oil lines at all apart from the oil drain hard lines.

OK, that's useful to know about the switch. May not be able to do much tomorrow, got another job to finish first, but I am keen to see if I can pin point this for you.

I'm very interested myself Chris. But I expect you'll find something I couldn't see straight away.

In the HKS Twin Kit is no water pipes include,you must organize this self.

When I bourght the new HKS Twin Kit there was a original Japanese Parts list include, in this list you can not found any water pipes.

Thomas

Is your kit up and running Thomas? Thanks for the info about the water pipes, seems odd HKS don't include those, many people would not have a clue how to arrange those. Did you just follow the stock turbo cooling feed and return pipe positions?

Hi Chris

The car Is running, yes basical I follow the stock cooling feed and return pipe position.

Thomas

I have identified the problems and am progressing well fixing them, now I have calmed down and put the axe away that I was going to sort the Blackjack thing out with :) With permission I will post my findings and fixes, it's been an interesting case, as has Simon's electrical issues.