The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Johnny's HKS Twin Build thread

hodge

That's a lovley build threat with a lot of helpful people. Good luck with your amazing car John. You'll have a smiling face the next time :)

Thanks, Peter - although the credit must go to Hodge. I just funded it! Feel free to ask any questions though :)

I still intend to post on what was an interesting problem, but I am up to my neck in CAN BUS protocols and scalars, which I know little about, but am having to learn in order to get some expensive data loggers working how I want :(

There's no rush, Chris :)

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a lovley build threat with a lot of helpful people. Good luck with your amazing car John. You'll have a smiling face the next time :)

As Johnny said Peter, feel free to ask any questions, I'll help you all I can bud.

I'll come back to you all after the project VVTi-Single begins :) :) First I need to find a car, because I've sold my "SKUNK-UK-Spec". May I'd like to buy this car http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3054397.htm , but got no answer from the owner so far.

After I got the car I'll discuss with you all over the project :) Thanks for the friendly help guys :)

Peter

BTW: I short question for now... Is the DBW necessary ? I'd like to keep the stock manifold at first but if it only works with DBW I need to reconsider about it.

Edited by Peter10654 (see edit history)

I'll come back to you all after the project VVTi-Single begins :) :) First I need to find a car, because I've sold my "SKUNK-UK-Spec". May I'd like to buy this car http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3054397.htm , but got no answer from the owner so far.

After I got the car I'll discuss with you all over the project :) Thanks for the friendly help guys :)

Peter

BTW: I short question for now... Is the DBW necessary ? I'd like to keep the stock manifold at first but if it only works with DBW I need to reconsider about it.

You can keep the stock manifold, no problem :) - I just went DBW to be different!

• 3 weeks later...
You must have had her out by now J. Is it running properly yet?

Come on-pics........;)

It's getting there, but I've had holidays to go on!:)

It's not fully mapped, but it will be before JAE - and I've just bought a GoPro HD and a Racelogic Performance Box to give some figures :)

• 2 weeks later...
So how did the mapping go on Friday?

Went well and the coolant system held up fine... only problem is there was loads of grey hairs in the engine bay :D :p

Engine made around 700bhp of top of my head at 1.3bar but stopped there as one of the turbos has seen better days and wanted to keep the turbo speeds down.

Good work though John and Chris

Ryan

Edited by Ryan.G (see edit history)

From Facebook "Nope, it lost all oil pressure. Am on a train home now! Looks like the pick up has split or the oil pressure return valve has jammed. Either way, no oil pressure!"

:(

Luckily it happened after the mapping and was spotted straight away but was such a shame to spoil a good day

Well, looks like I was beaten to it. I was on the train home last night with hardly any mobile battery to update! It was a great day overall, despite the oil pressure. The car drives SO WELL on the road, full throttle, second gear, 1.3bar, it just pulls, no drama, no nonsense, just adhesion and usable power. Love it. Top work again by Ryan, car drives like stock off boost. Unlike stock on boost!

The only downside was the oil pressure, but it's just one of those things, it happens with modified cars. I was more upset about having to get a train home and missing JAE. Such is life :) I'll just dip around in my other 3ltr straight six twin turbo :)

I'll phone you in a bit, Chris!