The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott M's Supra Build Thread

Scott

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No bud, not a spark. I'm an engineer though so like to be hands on where I can. Only really got set free with the Supra as it was my first non-daily drive car so I didn't need to worry if I couldn't fix something right away lol.

I've always loved the Rex. I would have had one at one point but I can't fit in them. I REALLY struggled with my old MK2 MR2. Have you thought about a 2JZ RX7? RX7 nible-ness and looks with the reliability of the 2JZ.

I'm over in Larkhall btw, you should come along to our meets next year. We love all cars really :)

Cheers mate, they're still coming :D

Ah nice one,

Yeah i will be 100% up for meeting some of you lads.

I was thinking about doing somthing like that. 2jz is a bit too tall for the engine bay, some lads use the 1JZ. The price of the hoors are insane though. id just be better selling the rex and saving for a supra haha. I love the look of supras too.

• 2 weeks later...

So my worst fears were realised. I suspected that I may have a fuel leak from one of the pipes, turns out the return pipe had corroded and was weeping slightly. It wasn't noticeable when the system wasn't running (pressurised) but I went out to a small petrol smelling wet patch.

So, it was finger out time. I've been meaning to change the fuel lines to larger braided lines for a LONG time. I was planning on doing it over the next couple of weeks but this has brought around a bit of urgency considering my car is being mapped on Friday.

Came in from work and got to cracking. I'll stick some pics up later but I didn't take any of the stripping process. Getting the old lines out is a complete PITA and requires a lot of manipulation. I ended up breaking off the lines part way down at the back so that I could manipulate it more.

It really depends on how you want to do it and what sort of level you want to take your car. I've got a twin feed rail so here's what I went for:

3m 7/16" (-8AN) Braided Fuel hose (Teflon)

3.5m -5/16" (6AN) Braided Fuel hose (Teflon)

Spare 5/16" (6AN) Braided fuel hose (Teflon) for the feed to the fuel rail and to drain off the return line into the tank.

Spare 7/16" (8AN) Braided Fuel hose (teflon) for the in-tank pump to fitting (around 6" required)

8AN to twin 6AN block

8AN female to female straight connector

8AN 60 micron fuel filter

90Deg 8AN bulkhead fitting (Fuel Feed)

90Deg 6AN bulkhead fitting (Return feed)

8AN bulkhead nut

6AN bulkhead nut

8AN 30deg teflon hose fitting

3x 8AN straight teflon hose fitting

3x 6AN straight teflon hose fitting

8AN to bosch 044 check valve

Bosch 044 fuel pump

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Fittings for the FPR

Fittings for the fuel rail

Probably other fittings that I've missed.

That little lot will run you a LOT of cash. You would be surprised how quickly it all adds up. Thankfully I already had most of it, the last couple of £100 haven't been so sore :D

When I assemble the pump in the hanger I'll take some pics. Should be fairly straight forward :)

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

611hp @ 1.4bar :D

Couldn't take it any further as the fuel pump was getting lean at a strange spot. We reckon the 12v mod needs to be done. I'm over the moon. Will put some proper updates later though, chilling with a beer now :)

You get it mapped at evotune?

I see way back when your turbo was a precission 6765 what turbine housing did you go for?

I also saw something that really made me laugh is that you was updating in days 4 years ago :D

I can't remember to be honest lol.

I wasn't updating in actual days.... just the amount of days I worked on the car. I think it ended up around 32-ish. Some were half hour shifts, some were 8 hour shifts though. All in all, it didn't actually take THAT many hours considering the amount of stuff I did :)

You should have said, I'd have came down. I'm only 20 minutes away.

Aww never even thought bud. Only ever met you in passing too :(

We have friends down in Sunderland, will definitely give you a shout the next time I'm down in case you're free :)

• 1 month later...

I did a little bit of work on the fuel system yesterday (stripping down and boring out the hanger) but I got stuck trying to bore through the main fuel feed, so I decided to take the car out and give it a decent sponge wash. Came up well!

I've got a long list of stuff to do and not a lot of free time to do it lol.

Lower front suspension

Raise rear suspension

Get alignment done (badly need this done)

Finish fuel system (450 pump & finish braided feed)

Re-paint the intake components (crap paint that's flaking)

Rebuild rear subframe with spare

Fit big diff (need driveshaft & propshaft)

attachment.php?attachmentid=207691&stc=1&d=1451478756

attachment.php?attachmentid=207692&stc=1&d=1451478756

2015-12-29 15.15.59.jpg

2015-12-29 15.16.10.jpg