The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott M's Supra Build Thread

Scott

Had her out for a wee shakedown today. Was flawless so happy overall.

Wee video from when I got back. Had to take pics etc for the insurer, hence the sheet at the end. Decided to leave it in so that Graham knew it wasn't an old vid :D

[video=youtube;6-6rYO_znYs]

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys. I think I may actually have the longest build that's actually driven :D

Took it up to the petrol station for a nice full tank of V-Power today. Was faultless. The clutch takes a bit of getting used to, as does the noise the car makes at 2krpm, people will think I'm flooring it :D

Just had a read through you thread, Looking good and glad it's all running sweetly :thumbs:

Really Liking the steering wheel with the TRD badge in the centre, can I ask where you got it from?

Also as I need to start looking into this, Insurance! Where did you insure yours with?

Just had a read through you thread, Looking good and glad it's all running sweetly :thumbs:

Really Liking the steering wheel with the TRD badge in the centre, can I ask where you got it from?

Also as I need to start looking into this, Insurance! Where did you insure yours with?

I bought a trd horn, red omp wheel which I painted the logo on and then stripped the badge over to the omp button. Job done.

If you check my recent posts you'll see a detailed insurance thread that I made :)

I bought a trd horn, red omp wheel which I painted the logo on and then stripped the badge over to the omp button. Job done.

If you check my recent posts you'll see a detailed insurance thread that I made :)

Thanks for letting me know, where abouts did you get the TRD horn part from?

Yeah sorry after asking about the insurance I see your posts about it :)

Thanks for letting me know, where abouts did you get the TRD horn part from?

Yeah sorry after asking about the insurance I see your posts about it :)

I honestly can't remember, it was ages ago. If I remember right it was pretty pricey though, around £40 or something. But I had to have it :)

No worries, I was on my phone earlier or I would have just put a link up :)

Happy camper. 60 mile round trip to work and back without a single issue. Temps didn't once reach 550DegC, cruising around 50-70mph. AFRs were around 13.5 fairly consistently (a little rich, but safe as houses). Oil temp was approx 90 once warmed up and held firm. Oil pressure was around 50-80psi on cruising (I'm guessing that's OK).

So far so good :)

Time to start the new to-do list..... it's almost winter afterall.

Source heating issue (something's stuck somewhere, could be electrical or mechanical)

Replace heater matrix, copper piping and rubbers. Job that needs done.

4 Wheel Alignment

Mapping (13th Nov)

Refurb & fit AP racing brake kit.

Rear subframe refresh (Spare subframe and all arms replaced with low mileage examples, recently painted too.

Refresh wiring of speakers, amps, etc. I just want to tidy this up and get it as good as I can.

New Adjustable Coilover kit. KW suspension is top of the list.

Lots of stuff still to play with :)

Hi Scott,

Just read every page of your build. You have done some serious work! are you an electrician? i like the neat cabling. I have an RX7 however seeing your supra makes me want to buy one. Im sort of local to you also... Well Livingston.

Keep up the good work mate

Hi Scott,

Just read every page of your build. You have done some serious work! are you an electrician? i like the neat cabling. I have an RX7 however seeing your supra makes me want to buy one. Im sort of local to you also... Well Livingston.

Keep up the good work mate

No bud, not a spark. I'm an engineer though so like to be hands on where I can. Only really got set free with the Supra as it was my first non-daily drive car so I didn't need to worry if I couldn't fix something right away lol.

I've always loved the Rex. I would have had one at one point but I can't fit in them. I REALLY struggled with my old MK2 MR2. Have you thought about a 2JZ RX7? RX7 nible-ness and looks with the reliability of the 2JZ.

I'm over in Larkhall btw, you should come along to our meets next year. We love all cars really :)

How have I only just seen your build Scott.

A great read plenty of useful ideas in here! :thumbs:

Cheers mate, they're still coming :D