Matt's Engine and Single Turbo Build

mwilkinson

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

It's been awhile so a bit of an update.

I now have a Syvecs s6 with every conceivable new sensor ready to install.

The engine build is now with Paul Whiffin. I have had to go for bigger pistons due to issues with the rebore so they are now 87mm Mahle pistons. This should be back from the machine shop after the holiday period.

I have also ditched the 264 cams for 280 cams seeing as I'm am going for the 800 bhp mark. These are 9.9 mm lift and also required some uprated springs and retainers. With the forged bottom end it should allow me to increase the stock rev limit and obtain some better top end power. I've gone for Ferrera dual springs and titanium retainers.

This will be in conjunction with a stage 2 head build as per below:

Whifbitz Stage 2 modified cylinder head. This consists of full port using stock valve guides, thinned recut valve seats, reshaped & refaced standard valves, modified short sides, surfaced, new valve stem seals, reshimmed and assembled ready to install. Require old head in exchange.

I'm now looking at the fuel setup. I'm liking hodges 10 AN setup. But I intend on using a Whifbitz fuel rail as 1000 injectors. I will route this to a Fuelab 535 FPR. I have a single Bosch 044 pump but will add another and run the same setup as Jamiep's in that it will be staggered control with the second coming online during boost only.

Not sure what to do about fuel lines but these will undoubtably need modding? Any thoughts on this?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys only just seen the comments.

Plan is to get the S366 as this is running some good power on other people's cars and with the Syvecs and the built engine I should do well. I have the engine back and I have placed this in a humidity control bag whilst I recoup some funds. I have a few updates on some parts and will sort this out this evening.

I have also decided to go stock front bumper, probably with OEM skirts as I want to keep the Trial rear. Would look silly with no skirts.

Noz - All bearings replaced and uprated with Clevite.

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...