The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone else got Supra Spring Blues?

jevansio

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I havnt had mine for 4months and not even missed it while it's was having the single done.

Should have it back soon and now with over 650hp I won't be able to use it all, that will proberbly get me down.

Yeah not the best time to jump into 650bhp for the 1st time :D

Went out for a blast in my golf today and road here are still to wet and cold for me to get the supra out of garage :(

Glad i went up to tunnel run and had a good laugh on road trip and the 2 runs. :DSince then its snowed and roads have been to bad to even think about geting car out, not worth the risk of opening it up and no grip :blink:

Edited by GazB (see edit history)

What's up like Dunk? Heater matrix replacement?

Already done that Jay, i havent a clue why but the dash has bulged up in the middle by the de mist vent, not sure if this will be an easy fix but knowing my luck i doubt it and guess it'll be a dash out job and possibly a replacement dash, this is almost the straw that breaks the camels back.

Also got to re paint the tailgate as the high level brake light was removed welded and filled and started cracking ages ago, kind of had enough now and want a new car i dont have to touch.

Went out blast for a in my golf today and road here are still to wet and cold for me to get the supra out of garage :(

Glad i went up to tunnel run and had a good laugh on road trip and the 2 runs. :DSince then its snowed and roads have been to bad to even think about geting car out, not worth the risk of opening it up and no grip :blink:

Yeah I missed that event with my bad foot :(, I just checked the weather and it's showing rain/snow for the next 15 days, so no let up in sight :(

kind of had enough now and want a new car i dont have to touch.

I tottaly feel like that sometimes (even though most of my mods are non-essential and I do them to keep me occupied), but I have a funny feeling as soon as the car was gone I would look for something to modify

I was window shopping online today for another car etc mainly looking for something more luxurious anc classy like Mercedes SL's but then I came to the conclusion that I need to have both cars to be truelly satisfied. I want to learn more mechanics, and the supra is such an interesting machine. So I will be keeping it, at the very worst I might decide to trade it for a better one..!

since mine decided to go pop at thunder rd back in november i was in 2 minds of what to do i came very close to breaking it up and forgeting all about the modified car route,

i seem to use my focus alot more than the supra i always intended to have the supra as my second car anyway but ive hardly used it at all,

ive looked at other cars but i know that there is nothing out there that i can have the same power and excitment the supra gives me, so ive decided to get over it swallow another great bill and get mine rebuilt in the next couple of months ready for the summer hopfully this will be the end of my problems but who knows

Edited by mikeyh (see edit history)

I often feel that I bought at the wrong time... Not happy with a large paperweight... But not ling left until Summer

Exactly how I feel. I am terrified of using ours as salted roads will kill the wheels and I have to keep it clean to get it back undercover...!!

Hopefully the summer will bring back the love.

H.

S2 is a great car, friend had one years back and it was brilliant, even the older 2.7 TT S4 is very good and can be picked up cheaply.

They seem like a bargain. They're very tuneable, and very tough by the sounds of it. A thinking mans Nissan Skyline maybe?

carefull guys i sold mine a couple of years ago and do miss not having it , i am getting another and will single it but there is always something in the way my work at the moment is taking over my life. i am also getting married in june, my heart is telling me to get one now (and everyday i check pistonheads) but my head is telling me to wait as i know i will not get the time to modify/drive it any time soon:(

I haven't drove mine since the tunnel event And tbh It don't bother me at all, because before I got the supra the rx7 I had was off the road for a year and a half, so I was without a car for ages, plus it gives time to do the bits that need doing, bring on the summer though can't wait!

From the looks of it, your car is better suited to nice weather conditions, so it's not surprising that it's not hugely enjoyable with this crap weather we're having at the moment. But stick with it, you'll enjoy it once the good weather is back. Having sold my Supra before Christmas for similar reasons to you (ie it not being nice to drive in crap weather), I'm seriously regretting it, so just stick with it until the better weather arrives and the love will come back.

Why don't you do what i've done. I got a Hilux Surf for pottering about in. Its painfully slow but isnt phased by any sort of weather. Massive inside and if im honest looks really cool.

Probably the best thing i've done is get that thing.

PLUS it makes the supra that whole bit faster when i take it out :D