The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone else got Supra Spring Blues?

jevansio

Drive mine to work every day. Hasn't had a wash in months. It can be slippery but as long as your in a strait line and decent tyres and geo it still hooks up at bpu levels.

I think I know the problem here with you lot. I had the same when it was snowy. Car didn't move for 2 weeks. I didn't want to risk it. And after it had melted but was still mushy I was very reluctant and only took the supe out because my wife wanted the the car. If you get out there and actualy drive your car you will find the roads are fine. The salt has been washed away. There is no snow and it's not icy. It might be a bit damp. But I think of it this way - it's summer. Just colder and more likely to be wet.

Get out there go for a little tootle (don't go mental) any you will feel much better. I did 2 hours driving yesterday in the dry. Had a lovely day out andall in the supe.

Havard. If you don't drive the car because washing it so you can put it under the cover and protect the wheels puts you off. I'd bin the wheels and car cover. Sounds like it's spoiling your enjoyment.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am big time. Bought mine just before the bad weather crept in, so its been Garaged for the alst 3 months or so. I've only driven it 3 times properly, and thats including the drive home in it. Its my birthday mid Feb, so unless its snowing again i'll be driving around in it then and enjoying it as i have 3 weeks off :)

I dropped mine off to Lee end of November, but since then im moved house, finished off another flat for rent, xmas, and new year in between. So iv not had time to miss her yet, all i know, is she is tucked up in Lee's Garage. Iv been using the Audi Avant, and lindsay Vitara jeep over the past 2 months so had a few cars to drive. But i cant wait till lee is done with her, a nice 7 hour drive home, fingers crossed in hot weather. :D

In saying that my bank account seems to all ways read Outgoing - Supra Parts. :D

Havard. If you don't drive the car because washing it so you can put it under the cover and protect the wheels puts you off. I'd bin the wheels and car cover. Sounds like it's spoiling your enjoyment.

It is actually spoiling the enjoyment but I was more upset with having to maintain my old NA as it was always out in the weather. I like having a clean car but have no garage so this is the next best thing I suppose. That said, it is becoming a pain. Maybe I care about it too much to actually use it, having two other cars doesn't help as it is too easy to leave it standing there under the cover.

H.

i keep getting the blues too in this weather just look and 4x4's and how easy they are and no worries expecialy when i went to a mates house in it then few hours later looked outside and nothing but snow was a bad night when i had to walk home and leave it there but then think about last summer how much fun it was, going to car shows and people looking just dont get that in a pickup somehow defo keeping it

It is actually spoiling the enjoyment but I was more upset with having to maintain my old NA as it was always out in the weather. I like having a clean car but have no garage so this is the next best thing I suppose. That said, it is becoming a pain. Maybe I care about it too much to actually use it, having two other cars doesn't help as it is too easy to leave it standing there under the cover.

H.

Im like that with my cars, seem to go through phases. At times its washed and waxed twice a week along with the insides and i get annoyed if it gets dusty or dirty to the point where i will take the GF's focus out instead.

Then (like at the moment) im just enjoying driving it and making the most of the ice cold air. Poor old car looks a right state tho, its filthy inside and out.

H.

My uk has done 157k miles and hasn't been garaged (doesn't fit) for the past 3 years or so. I don't have to maintain it all the time. It has needed bits doing and there is usually something minor up at mot time like in the past it's had suspension bits changed. Rear arb etc but otherwise it's fine. Get some propper wheels or some stock ones for the winter and get out there!