The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine bay makeover

mplavery

More updates

Im a bit further now since the weather not been to bad, Inlet manifold is off inc the cam covers and turbo pipes....... MAN how many vacuum hoses do these bloody cars have ! lol

So now i have been cleaning up the turbo pipes, respraying them to make them look OEM new and i am sending the mainifold and cam covers and a intercooler pipe away to get chromed.

I have orderd my Black hoses too as i have gone off the blue ones

Here some pics so far

Dirty pipes

Pipes all cleaned and sprayed

Just a quick Qst

Im going to take the water outlet which goes on the top rad hose and i can see the bolts where it goes onto the head but i noticed this

How is that connected, Looks like a hose but no clips holding it on, thought i would ask before i jump in and take it off

Oh some more goodies

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its just pushed on, just undo the 2 long bolts holding it to the engine and it will pull off (upwards). there is a rubber washer seated in a groove around the pipe it it pushed down on to so might be tight. I put the round end of a spanner against the bottom of it and tapped the spanner up with a hammer to knock it up and off......if that makes sense.

its just pushed on, just undo the 2 long bolts holding it to the engine and it will pull off (upwards). there is a rubber washer seated in a groove around the pipe it it pushed down on to so might be tight. I put the round end of a spanner against the bottom of it and tapped the spanner up with a hammer to knock it up and off......if that makes sense.

When you install the water pipe use a new o ring with plenty of silicone grease i.e vasalene can be a pig to reseal as the o ring tends to roll.

looks great so far please dont install the bling rad cover the black looks super sexy

Ahhhhh cheers guys, i kinda guessed it was a push on fit but i have never seen anything like that before so i thought i would ask the Qst

Will do that Supradibbs, thanks for the tip. You know what, i have painted the Org fan couling black as i wanted i nice clean finish but then i saw this going cheap and could not make up my mind up if it would look good or not, so i have bought it to see how it looks and if it looks crap i will sell it again

The turbo pipes look very neat and clean... good job! Might I advise a spray job on the fan blades as well - the fan gets yellow as it ages, and looks quite revolting.

The fan blades are filthy, i tried a little brakecleaner which cleaned them up well so im going to do that

Looking really good. What did you 'spray' the pipes with in the pics from post #26?

A friend of mine told me about a website called Frost http://www.frost.co.uk/ and do lots of stuff for Restoration etc. The paint i used was to make your parts look OEM new again and of course its heat proof..Its the same paint they use when they refurbish Alternators/water pumps etc

Good stuff and really came out well

A friend of mine told me about a website called Frost http://www.frost.co.uk/ and do lots of stuff for Restoration etc. The paint i used was to make your parts look OEM new again and of course its heat proof..Its the same paint they use when they refurbish Alternators/water pumps etc

Good stuff and really came out well

Yeah, defo came out well. Really well :thumbs: cheers for the link.

A few more pipes done, came out very well and cant wait to see them on the car, I also sprayed the breather pipes black agaon for that more cleaner look

I started to put some metal polish on to the heat shroud and is coming out nice and shiny so i will do the exhaust heat shield too

This is half polished

Gonna look lovely no doubt, but the cam cover would have to have been black with yellow viper stripes :cool:

In fact, Mr Mitchell is pretty good at viper striping cam covers, he could stripe the carbon one just to make it that little bit more 'one off'

i was going to say the same thing, would look mental showing the carbon off.

turbo pipes and everything you can take off in a good hour... but i have had alot of practice/jobs in.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)