The mkiv Supra Owners Club

im gutted it looks like my latest purchase needs a rebuild

mikeyh

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the first thing i need to do is get the engine out and have a look at the damage then ill make my mind up what to do as im still undecided :search:

hopfully dude will beable to point in the right direction tomorrow when i give him a ring.

members who have had there engine out in the past did you pull it out complete ie turbo/inlet etc?

are the gearbox housing bolts easily accesible?

Gutted for you mate, I was cursing my luck at that car coming around at the wrong time for me too. Turns out it wasn't such a bad thing afterall, much to your dismay.

I'm aiming to go single next year, at first I was thinking of buying a "ready made" car but I think I'll just do it myself. That way I only ever have to look at myself, my car and my builder/mapper should anything go wrong. I certainly won't be building the engine, I think toyota built an absolutely fantastic engine, 700HP will be my absolute MAXIMUM goal. After that is where real care and planning has to be taken.

Good luck to you in the future with the car. I know it isn't what you paid for but a stock block might be a good option.

thanks for all your imput guys i realy think my next route is to obviously pull the engine out i thought i may beable to get this sorted with a friend but looks like his going to be busy for a while or he doesn't fancy working on the supra:tongue: vauxhall man you see;)

is there any local members that know there way around a supra im handy with a spanner but im not up for taking this on myself obviously i dont mind paying i just need the engine out i have use of a workshop aswell

the problem i have is i dont want to put this into a trader be charged £££ when i may not beable to get the car sorted until after christmas,no trader is going to want a car in the way for several momths and i dont blame them

Try gbh in colchester he built supra golds engine

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

latest update

ill be dropping the car of with paul at whifbitz wednesday im hoping the engine isnt in to much of a state, ill definatly be keeping my fingers crossed i hope my luck is going to finally change.

ill start a new thread once the block has been opened up

OK, thank you.

The engine in my car was built to be as unburstable as possible. I would expect the new owner to have many happy miles of raping it, with great reliability.

:(

just noticed this thread....gutted for Mikey. What is the prognosis now that Paul has probably had a look at it?

Edited by imi (see edit history)

Hopefully you can get away with a set of pistons as its only 86.5 so you have one more go at a rebore. Paul will soon have a report im sure.Did you get any further with any diagnostics as it will be interesting to see what went wrong. Its a bugger when that happens but with a car like that you really do take your chances, Im sure Ernie is as surprised as anyone at what happened, the new car I just bought popped a FMOS on the way home as well as a few other issues that are now resolved.

Originally Posted by Chiefgroover

The engine in my car was built to be as unburstable as possible. I would expect the new owner to have many happy miles of raping it, with great reliability.

obviously not :rolleyes:

originally posted by imi

just noticed this thread....gutted for Mikey. What is the prognosis now that Paul has probably had a look at it?

like i said in previous posts im not going to start chucking the blame about these things happen with modified cars im sure ernie did everything he could i was just very unlucky as usual :tongue:

Hopefully you can get away with a set of pistons as its only 86.5 so you have one more go at a rebore. Paul will soon have a report im sure.Did you get any further with any diagnostics as it will be interesting to see what went wrong. Its a bugger when that happens but with a car like that you really do take your chances, Im sure Ernie is as surprised as anyone at what happened, the new car I just bought popped a FMOS on the way home as well as a few other issues that are now resolved.

until the engine has been opened up im none the wiser ill just have to wait and see, as for dianosis im still not 100% ill leave this upto paul hopfully nothing to drastic:innocent: