The mkiv Supra Owners Club

im gutted it looks like my latest purchase needs a rebuild

mikeyh

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to here this bud, if it was injector/ecu problem this will need sorting also, out of interest who mapped it,that greek guy, can`t remember his name now.

Dimitrius?

As suggested, best find out what is the full extent of the damage.

For all you know, it just needs a bit of T-Cut! :D

(Sorry, trying to lighten the mood) :)

What about hunting down a used stock motor from someone like Keron. From memory the car isn't pushing mega boost, power or revs is it so a stock bottom end could be more than good enough
and a stock, untouched bottom end is often way more reliable than one full of after-market 'uprated' parts.

Pull the engine

Examine the cause of the failure

Asses

Make decision

Asses? :D

thanks for all your imput guys i realy think my next route is to obviously pull the engine out i thought i may beable to get this sorted with a friend but looks like his going to be busy for a while or he doesn't fancy working on the supra:tongue: vauxhall man you see;)

is there any local members that know there way around a supra im handy with a spanner but im not up for taking this on myself obviously i dont mind paying i just need the engine out i have use of a workshop aswell

the problem i have is i dont want to put this into a trader be charged £££ when i may not beable to get the car sorted until after christmas,no trader is going to want a car in the way for several momths and i dont blame them

You know what mate I'd do the right thing here and get the car on a trailor and send it somewhere like AFR and get it properly looked at. The initial expense could well save you sh*t loads in half guess's and uninformed opinions etc. You need it looking at by experts, long term that will save you money. If you are going to tear it down an expert will be able to verify the condition of parts and take out the big bits for you.

I guess all the trumpet blowing about this being a masterpiece single turbo car sounds a bit flat now. How disappointing for you Mikey :(

very dissapointing ian im not surprised to be honest i never seem to have any bloody luck with cars.

is there any threads on here showing members pulling engines out just so i have an idea of the job ahead:search:.

very dissapointing ian im not surprised to be honest i never seem to have any bloody luck with cars.

is there any threads on here showing members pulling engines out just so i have an idea of the job ahead:search:.

Give me a ring monday Mikey and ill talk you through it, it really is pretty easy to pop em out if you have a bit of patience.

Sorry to hear this mate. As others have said, it must be absolutely gutting. :(

I know there are risks with all modified cars, but you must have thought with the amount of money spent and the car's spec list, that 1 mile at WOT wouldn't be a problem and that you wouldn't need to spend anything on it for a while (except fuel and tyres:eyebrows:)

Hope you get it sorted with out too much hassle/expense.

Sorry to hear this mate. As others have said, it must be absolutely gutting. :(

I know there are risks with all modified cars, but you must have thought with the amount of money spent and the car's spec list, that 1 mile at WOT wouldn't be a problem and that you wouldn't need to spend anything on it for a while (except fuel and tyres:eyebrows:)

Hope you get it sorted with out too much hassle/expense.

thats exactly what i thought but i was obviously very wrong :blink:

not trying to hijack the thread but i run AEM management are they prone to failure?...Think my erse just collapsed when i read that! [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

I'm gutted for you lad i try'd calling about this car with no luck but apparently if i got it i'd still have no luck right!

not trying to hijack the thread but i run AEM management are they prone to failure?...Think my erse just collapsed when i read that! [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

I'm gutted for you lad i try'd calling about this car with no luck but apparently if i got it i'd still have no luck right!

Read about it a lot in the states, only heard about it happening a couple of times over here.