The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BIG BHP from Hybrid twins

swandip

Like I always say James, the car is as fast as it is, the dyno is just for tuneing and so we know if we are improving or going backwards and how the car is running.

Cheers Dude, still its nice to know the investment is paying off and appreciate the work you guys are doing at AFR.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very impressive result James and dude, got to be happy with that! :)

Dude, where in your opinion has the extra 30bhp come from? No one I'm aware of in the UK has got much more than 450bhp (well on a proper dyno anyway!), the spec is a lot higher than we've seen on other hybrid cars so this is a bit unique in that sense

Any chance someone could post the torque graph, would be interesting to see it through the rev range

Very impressive result James and dude, got to be happy with that! :)

Dude, where in your opinion has the extra 30bhp come from? No one I'm aware of in the UK has got much more than 450bhp (well on a proper dyno anyway!), the spec is a lot higher than we've seen on other hybrid cars so this is a bit unique in that sense

Any chance someone could post the torque graph, would be interesting to see it through the rev range

I suppose you could say its a completley fresh engine, James has done just over 1000 miles and before we cranked the boost up we compression tested it and every cylinder was around 185 psi, also all the valves have been re seated, i suppose the mapping may also help;)

Nigle with the UK Spec Car was running at 1.4 bar on stock UK Turbos

He got 435 rwhp on the Dyno Pack in Northern Ireland

I thought his car was mapped and dynoed at TDI?

435rwhp works out to be about 494fwhp.

Add 10bhp to the rwhp figure and divide by .88 has always worked out about right imo, fwhp is alway a guess, the only true figure is rwhp but if everyone uses the same conversion factor all is good. interested in what swandips rwhp was.

Add 10bhp to the rwhp figure and divide by .88 has always worked out about right imo, fwhp is alway a guess, the only true figure is rwhp but if everyone uses the same conversion factor all is good. interested in what swandips rwhp was.

It was indeed mapped and dynoed at TDI plus a few BPU mods

I am nearly sure Nigle has everything done to BPU level; the Cams are Stock too but she is very low mileage only around 40 miles I think

So maybe as Dude said the Fresh Engines help with a few Horses

I was happy I could keep toe to toe with Him on road

It was indeed mapped and dynoed at TDI plus a few BPU mods

I am nearly sure Nigle has everything done to BPU level; the Cams are Stock too but she is very low mileage only around 40 miles I think

So maybe as Dude said the Fresh Engines help with a few Horses

I was happy I could keep toe to toe with Him on road

TDI use a Rototest dyno, Not Dynapack.

So what did he make at TDI where it was mapped?

It was close , it was only done recently prior the NI meet too but he may of got a fresh service before the Dyna Pack

Just slighlty lower 420 I think

He did mention the Remap was the biggest waste of money getting the Vpro piggy back, didnt see any difference for the $

404 rwhp JP, Matt is putting it back on the dyno as there was more to come at 1.4 bar and I just spoke to CR who say up to 1.6 is fine.

404 rwhp JP, Matt is putting it back on the dyno as there was more to come at 1.4 bar and I just spoke to CR who say up to 1.6 is fine.

404rwhp is superb on a dyno dynamics, they do call it the "heart breaker" dyno compared to others.

Well done guys, interested to see what it does at 1.6bar, is it back on the dyno today?

I'm also running CR turbo hybrids. I can't see that enough of the design has changed though to make them flow more efficiently at higher boost. The manifold that the turbos bolt too is still the same tiny holed restrictive self that it started off with, so I'm guessing you're just going to get a lot of hot air at higher boost pressures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dude

Humm

iv blown 6 turbos running that fella two of them where hybirds. If you what safety take it back down to 1.2.

Iv gone single now as I kep blowing them up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dude

Humm

iv blown 6 turbos running that fella two of them where hybirds. If you what safety take it back down to 1.2.

Iv gone single now as I kep blowing them up.

Thanks for your concern but they are under warranty so Im not bothered;) If I get a problem with my car can I give you a ring for some advice:blink: