The mkiv Supra Owners Club

full comp for £140 per year

spiderpigcity

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to insure my supra with Sureterm,£300 pa on classic and covered me up to 15k as the car is modded up to 560 brake thought that quite reasonable.

Came to renewal,said they couldn't do,old insurer not taking risks,bearing in mind been with Sureterm over 20 yrs and I'm nearly 50 yrs old I felt a little put out.So,phoned Sky,they wanted £524!!

Next,lets try the search engines,in meantime got phonecall from Admiral,yep,I thought same,multi national company,won't be any help.Quite the opposite, put me on multi car policy,whereby the supra is second car,insured fully with all extras,3k pa miles,£276 pa,my day to day car, a rover 75 est,£171 (was paying £231)

Sometimes age does help!!

suprising, must be area postcode

I don't live in a bad area. :)

Hi matt,

Your cheapest car insurance quote is £163.92

To make it easier for you, out of the 61 quotes returned we've listed the top 6 for your TOYOTA SUPRA

Your top 6 prices

Provider

Price

SureTerm Direct

£163.92

AutoDirect (High Excess)

£535.54

AutoDirect

£540.65

Express

£544.49

BG Insurance

£568.01

Green Insurance

£572.54

Quote Summary

Ahh , so you used a comparison site and not SureTerm directly to get that price, can recall which one it was?

Edited by merckx (see edit history)

"Apparently" anyone under 30 can only get insured on a Supra with standard BHP.

Yep got the same answer being 29. They in fact told me to call back next year!

Edit : And maybe they've gone off power. I'm not excessively above stock when running at 1.2 bar.

go compare.com

Really? I got some very amusing quotes when i tried them a little while ago. Have you really declared it stock and it's entirely entirely stock? i.e no wheels/brakes/exhaust/interior upgrade? I thought yours has gone from an auto to a 6-speed?

Edited by caseys (see edit history)

This thread came at the right time for me.

29, 0 no claims (new policy, 2nd car), reasonable good area, mods declared = £142 full comp

Would hate to have to make a claim though, think this will be fit for getting a tax disc and thats it :D

What spec is your car chap? NA? Tt? Single? Uk? Agreed value?

Chuffed myself with 398 on a uk single! My insurance was due for renewal on Saturday :)

This thread came at the right time for me.

29, 0 no claims (new policy, 2nd car), reasonable good area, mods declared = £142 full comp

Would hate to have to make a claim though, think this will be fit for getting a tax disc and thats it :D

i am just waiting for the apologies from all the people that slagged my post, i was just trying to help people out. glad you got a good deal as well :cool:

I don't think anyone's slagging you off. You just have to be very careful if you declare your car as being unmodified. If you do and it's not, the insurance company will drop your trousers and make you assume the position if you need to make a claim.

If it is how you say it is, then it's a good find. Nice one! :) I'm sure several people on here (me included) will be making a mental note to check these insurers at renewal time.

I don't think anyone's slagging you off. You just have to be very careful if you declare your car as being unmodified. If you do and it's not, the insurance company will drop your trousers and make you assume the position if you need to make a claim.

If it is how you say it is, then it's a good find. Nice one! :) I'm sure several people on here (me included) will be making a mental note to check these insurers at renewal time.

my car is not modified, currently has no gearbox, no engine, no wheels and no interior. so it is pretty , much standard.:eyebrows:

Ahh , so you used a comparison site and not SureTerm directly to get that price, can recall which one it was?

go compare.com

If I go through Go Compare.com then Sureterm Direct won't even give me a price and the reason is:

Cannot quote for selected import type: Yes - Japanese import.

:(

If I go through Go Compare.com then Sureterm Direct won't even give me a price and the reason is:

Cannot quote for selected import type: Yes - Japanese import.

:(

Funnily enough this is what I said right at the beginning.

I don't know if the op closed his eyes at that point ;)

My personal opinion is if you get insured with companies for such a small amount then be prepared for it being possibly a very stressfull time if you ever need to make a claim.

Im not slagging the op and good luck to anyone insurering their pride and joy with who ever they choose.

Hmm, well on the site they listed an SZ so i guess that they do insure imports. Hence my quote stands.

Never assume that. An insurance company many years ago listed a MR2 Turbo in the UK selection menu. I almost fell into that trap before calling them up to find out it was a selection error.

There is always an "Import" option to select.

Never assume that. An insurance company many years ago listed a MR2 Turbo in the UK selection menu. I almost fell into that trap before calling them up to find out it was a selection error.

There is always an "Import" option to select.

Was it just the NA MR2s that were officially released in the UK then?

I wonder if you can buy a USDM model then bring it in... obviously it's not a JDM, but yes still an 'import'. And admittedly a left-hooker.

I doubt I'd have got mine insured at it's mod level on a classic policy being under 30 if it was a JDM.

Edited by caseys (see edit history)