The mkiv Supra Owners Club

full comp for £140 per year

spiderpigcity

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your car an import? It doesn't mention it in your quote.

yes all filled it all in on the proposal went through it all on phone as i was shocked at price,

but i have had this before, i was paying group 18 on my a8 quattro £670 a year with d line and then went with swiftcover for £275 a year fully comp.

i have just had same with my busa £250 fully comp with 1 years licence. i wait till they ring me back and then bend them over and get them all stressed with cheap quotes, they go away to their underwritter and the call back and beat the quote, i think they must be desperate to sell insurance at moment. make sure you put another number in the quote system on go compare etc or you will have endless calls all day for about 2 weeks, from evry broker in the country,

another tip is ask them what all the add ons are cos they dont make any money on the atcual policy as it is rated on postcode area. so if your postcode area has a lot of claims your policy will go up regardless of any claims you have had, nock off the legal cover, the breakdown cover, the european cover, the personal accident cover etc,. all these will be covered by a decent lawyer anyway. personal injury liability is capped to certain levels anyway for certain injuries so it wont get you anymore money than going to a lwayer who will claim all the expenses for a replacment vehicle, whiplash, medical expenses etc etc anyway. they get about £25 commision on every package add on they sell you, they try and decribe it as essential but you are actually entitled to most of thse stuff legally anyway when you have a crash ect, they just make it sound like its essential. they even outsource your dd payments to a credit company who will charge you around £35 to pay in installments. it all adds up and they get paid from the credit company aswell.

another tip is ask them what all the add ons are cos they dont make any money on the atcual policy as it is rated on postcode area. so if your postcode area has a lot of claims your policy will go up regardless of any claims you have had, nock off the legal cover, the breakdown cover, the european cover, the personal accident cover etc,. all these will be covered by a decent lawyer anyway. personal injury liability is capped to certain levels anyway for certain injuries so it wont get you anymore money than going to a lwayer who will claim all the expenses for a replacment vehicle, whiplash, medical expenses etc etc anyway. they get about £25 commision on every package add on they sell you, they try and decribe it as essential but you are actually entitled to most of thse stuff legally anyway when you have a crash ect, they just make it sound like its essential. they even outsource your dd payments to a credit company who will charge you around £35 to pay in installments. it all adds up and they get paid from the credit company aswell.

Ahh right, my quotation was just £159 and £1600 worth of extras? :D

I got £412. I didn't declare my mods though.
Neither did he. Isn't his stock Supra actually one that was originally an auto and modded to be a 6sp manual? What other undeclared mods does it have, I wonder? Big single? Roll cage? Drag parachute and wheelie bars?

This whole thread is a wind-up I reckon. :D

Neither did he. Isn't his stock Supra actually one that was originally an auto and modded to be a 6sp manual? What other undeclared mods does it have, I wonder? Big single? Roll cage? Drag parachute and wheelie bars?

This whole thread is a wind-up I reckon. :D

parachute! Sh*t i knew i forgot to declare something, oops and the twin engine conversion:blink:

its not a wind up, a genuine quote for a stock rz tt.

Guest SupraTroopa

Before I sold my spec facelift TT6 i paid approx £800 fully comp with 2 years no claims and 1 claim 3 years ago with lancaster because they gave me a classic policy. They said anything over 10 years old and if i was over 21 they would class as a classic policy.

I think you need to contact SureTemp & check your policy, i got a quote off of them at the beginning of this month for my 95 n/a fully comp £263 full NCB own 4 other cars +company car no convictions they emailed me the confirmation but the car was listed as 1986-1989 so i called them & stated they had year of manufacture wrong had to hold for about 10mins then they said is your car a grey import errr yes that what i put on the form & they said sorry we cant insure it. Worth checking just to be sure. Im with AutoDirect now £301 F/Comp

Before I sold my spec facelift TT6 i paid approx £800 fully comp with 2 years no claims and 1 claim 3 years ago with lancaster because they gave me a classic policy. They said anything over 10 years old and if i was over 21 they would class as a classic policy.

Lancaster have changed their policy....;)

They've beaten A-Plan, LWIB, Lancaster and Sky for me...

Sky £770ish

A-Plan £639

LWIB £569

Lancaster - No quote - not old enough

Suredirect = £398

Classic policy

5000 miles a year

Fully comp

All mods declared - engine/fuelling/turbo/wing/SS exhaust/wheels/seats

Agreed value (send 6 pics within 2 months and get independant assessment of value)

Stand/club/show insurance

Green card for travelling abroad

£500 excess

£75 windscreen excess

Inc legal cover etc.. not breakdown though.

And as per other classic policies I now have 5 years NCB to use elsewhere... :)

Chuffed. 29 year old driving a UK single turbo :)

Spoke to Christian Shand there.

Edited by caseys (see edit history)

IF YOU NOCK OFF LEGAL COVER YOU WILL SAVE 20 QUID, YOU CAN USE YOUR HOUSE INSURANCE OR ANY OTHER VEHICLE INSURANCE YOU HAVE FOR YOUR LEGALS ANYWAY

I'm not so sure. The house insurance one will only cover you for issues to do with your house. Similarly, I doubt whether a policy on another car will entertain legal expenses incurred whilst driving the Supra.

Still a cheap quote if it's legit though. :) You didn't say if your car has any mods. If insurance companies can wriggle out of a payout, they will. Just ask anyone who went to Suprapod this year.

I'm not so sure. The house insurance one will only cover you for issues to do with your house. Similarly, I doubt whether a policy on another car will entertain legal expenses incurred whilst driving the Supra.

Still a cheap quote if it's legit though. :) You didn't say if your car has any mods. If insurance companies can wriggle out of a payout, they will. Just ask anyone who went to Suprapod this year.

legal expenses are legal expenses, they will cover you for any legal liabilities you incur.

They've beaten A-Plan, LWIB, Lancaster and Sky for me...

Sky £770ish

A-Plan £639

LWIB £569

Lancaster - No quote - not old enough

Suredirect = £398

Classic policy

5000 miles a year

Fully comp

All mods declared - engine/fuelling/turbo/wing/SS exhaust/wheels/seats

Agreed value (send 6 pics within 2 months and get independant assessment of value)

Stand/club/show insurance

Green card for travelling abroad

£500 excess

£75 windscreen excess

Inc legal cover etc.. not breakdown though.

And as per other classic policies I now have 5 years NCB to use elsewhere... :)

Chuffed. 29 year old driving a UK single turbo :)

Spoke to Christian Shand there.

They wouldn't even quote me on mine, which they say is too modified. It's less so than yours though.