The mkiv Supra Owners Club

full comp for £140 per year

spiderpigcity

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to insure my supra with Sureterm,£300 pa on classic and covered me up to 15k as the car is modded up to 560 brake thought that quite reasonable.

Came to renewal,said they couldn't do,old insurer not taking risks,bearing in mind been with Sureterm over 20 yrs and I'm nearly 50 yrs old I felt a little put out.So,phoned Sky,they wanted £524!!

Next,lets try the search engines,in meantime got phonecall from Admiral,yep,I thought same,multi national company,won't be any help.Quite the opposite, put me on multi car policy,whereby the supra is second car,insured fully with all extras,3k pa miles,£276 pa,my day to day car, a rover 75 est,£171 (was paying £231)

Sometimes age does help!!

Well, I've just phoned Admiral for a multi car policy

Supra TT RZ 98 (Non standard front, side skirts and wheels, not covered under the policy) maximum 5k miles pa

Volvo V70 SE 97 (Standard) Maximum 10k miles pa

£659 on the Supe :(

£462 on the Volvo

Total £1,084 :blink:

33 years, maximum NCB (12 years), one fixed penatly notice, 3 points £60, no claims in the last 5 years......

How the hell did you get that lol ?

Used to insure my supra with Sureterm,£300 pa on classic and covered me up to 15k as the car is modded up to 560 brake thought that quite reasonable.

Came to renewal,said they couldn't do,old insurer not taking risks,bearing in mind been with Sureterm over 20 yrs and I'm nearly 50 yrs old I felt a little put out.So,phoned Sky,they wanted £524!!

Next,lets try the search engines,in meantime got phonecall from Admiral,yep,I thought same,multi national company,won't be any help.Quite the opposite, put me on multi car policy,whereby the supra is second car,insured fully with all extras,3k pa miles,£276 pa,my day to day car, a rover 75 est,£171 (was paying £231)

Sometimes age does help!!

There must be a miscommunication there. I am currently with Admiral and find all their prices VERY reasonable. However, I contacted them asking about a single turbo conversion. They asked what that would involve and they said there is now way they could quote me on such modifications. (TurboCharger Upgrade, Engine Chip > 10%, Intercooler, Down Pipe, Exhaust Modifications, Manifold Modifications, Injector size increase, etc, etc etc)

They just wouldn't touch you if you were open with the mods.

Well, I've just phoned Admiral for a multi car policy

Supra TT RZ 98 (Non standard front, side skirts and wheels, not covered under the policy) maximum 5k miles pa

Volvo V70 SE 97 (Standard) Maximum 10k miles pa

£659 on the Supe :(

£462 on the Volvo

Total £1,084 :blink:

33 years, maximum NCB (12 years), one fixed penatly notice, 3 points £60, no claims in the last 5 years......

How the hell did you get that lol ?

I think I got in with Admiral at the right time. They came to me this year trying to hike my insurance up by £150. I contacted them and told them I was happy to stay put but I would be wanting at the very least the same quote as last year. They came back to me and it was £20 less, which I was very happy with as noone else could even get close.

Age - 30 and 26 (Myself and the Wife respectively)

Cars - Supra TT mods declared, 106GTi mods declared, Focus no mods.

Mileage - 5k, 10k, 10k respectively

NCB - 12 years (me), 12 years (me, seperate policy) and 4 years (Wife)

No claims or convicions

Good postcode area.

£848 total

Mods:

Supra - Non-standard Exhaust, non-standard bodykit (full), Non Standard Alloys, Intercooler/Filter, Coilovers, Decorative changes.

106 - Engine Chip

I contacted them on Saturday to change the 106 to a Mondeo ST Tdci and it cost me an additional £128. The breakdown said that I am paying £212 for the 106 so I am very happy with that price for just now. When it comes to renewal I will switch the no-claims around to see what works best.

If mods aren't disclosed then your not covered, i can't see the point in saving a few £'s but risking thousands + points :blink:

Happens all the time though, people just seem to be willing to take the risk of the £ hit, but not willing to take the risk of the police asking for a producer etc.

Best case scenario is to be involved in an accident that isn't your fault and the other party takes the blame. Their insurance company are legally bound to replace your car/parts on your car, like for like.

If the accident is your fault you just need to beg with the company and hope they are willing to put out the base rate.

Well I have been on the phone all day so far trying to find a resonable quote for a multi car policy/mirrored policy for my Supe and daily Volvo...

So far Adrian Flux looks like they will come out on top with £445 for the Supra, waiting to hear back on the Volo, as thats coming out at £600, lol, a shitty V70 used as a daily.

Surely if given a nice get out with serious undeclared mods they would run a mile especially if it was for a few £1000's claim ?

Surprisingly not. There are obviously loopholes but because someone wasn't honest about modifications doesn't mean they can step out of their insurance obligations. In order to do that I think it would have to be a clear contributing factor of the incident.

Well I have been on the phone all day so far trying to find a resonable quote for a multi car policy/mirrored policy for my Supe and daily Volvo...

So far Adrian Flux looks like they will come out on top with £445 for the Supra, waiting to hear back on the Volo, as thats coming out at £600, lol, a $#@!ty V70 used as a daily.

Have you tried Livingstones Warmen Ins Brokers

When I was looking at classic insurance policies they all said they wouldn't allow modified cars or insure it for vomiting which I use it for sometimes. I pay 900+ on the supe fully comp bpu mods and pay over 3k for me and my wife on our legnum (though to be fair she is on a USA license not passed her uk test yet)

Surprisingly not. There are obviously loopholes but because someone wasn't honest about modifications doesn't mean they can step out of their insurance obligations. In order to do that I think it would have to be a clear contributing factor of the incident.

Having a car thats got 200 + more hp would be a good reason i think, i'd rather not take the chance, how many times do you read about a supra crash and he must have been speeding or driving like a cock ?

When I was looking at classic insurance policies they all said they wouldn't allow modified cars or insure it for vomiting which I use it for sometimes. I pay 900+ on the supe fully comp bpu mods and pay over 3k for me and my wife on our legnum (though to be fair she is on a USA license not passed her uk test yet)

Did you try LWIB ? mines on a classic agreed value policy with them for 1/3 of what your paying with all the mods declared

Having a car thats got 200 + more hp would be a good reason i think, i'd rather not take the chance, how many times do you read about a supra crash and he must have been speeding or driving like a cock ?

It's the best reason if the accident fault was due to losing control of the car, if it was due to not paying attention at a set of traffic lights then it's different. Heard of a lot of Supra's being crashed but I would put that mostly down to high power RWD and inexperience. I think a 400hp car is just as easy to lose control of as a 600hp car. In fact I would even go as far as to say you are more likely to lose a TT car, within reason, due to the awkward way the 2nd turbo comes online.

Did you try LWIB ? mines on a classic agreed value policy with them for 1/3 of what your paying with all the mods declared

I didn't nowhere I found. Sky and Adrian flux Inc wouldn't allow comuting social and pleasure on a classic just social and pleasure. Too late now it's done