The mkiv Supra Owners Club

post llandow discussion thread.

dr_jekyll

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, so you gave your car a good hiding then fella.

honestly nevin, the amount of work i did in the last week on the car was only for this event, heres a small list so you can understand why the car was tortured so hard:-

1. Brand New £500 Southbend clutch custom made for the gt4.

2. Brand new TRD disks all round

3. Brand new Yellow stuff track pads

4. Brake Lines all sorted

5. New iridium plugs (there under a charge cooler and take 2 hours to fit!)

6. All the suspension sorted.

7. Brand new Diff mount!

8. Re-sealing of the entire exhaust to make sure no leaks

9. Full engine service with every single fluid being dripped out and replaced with high quality stuff (thanks oilman for the quick delivery on the silkolene proS)

and so on......................

the car had some serious time and money spent on it and i be honest today it drove and preformed like a dream! Very happy and impressed with it!

honestly nevin, the amount of work i did in the last week on the car was only for this event, heres a small list so you can understand why the car was tortured so hard:-

1. Brand New £500 Southbend clutch custom made for the gt4.

2. Brand new TRD disks all round

3. Brand new Yellow stuff track pads

4. Brake Lines all sorted

5. New iridium plugs (there under a charge cooler and take 2 hours to fit!)

6. All the suspension sorted.

7. Brand new Diff mount!

8. Re-sealing of the entire exhaust to make sure no leaks

9. Full engine service with every single fluid being dripped out and replaced with high quality stuff (thanks oilman for the quick delivery on the silkolene proS)

and so on......................

the car had some serious time and money spent on it and i be honest today it drove and preformed like a dream! Very happy and impressed with it!

how it performed fella, it did not miss a beat and took everything you threw at it. The car done you well, and was great watching you use it today.

This was proven by

I want to see this Legnum :)

I don't have many pics tbh check out the pics if people post them. It's like this but silver evo wheels. Sorry abou the big pic. On my phone.

http://pics.hoobly.com/full/LKYXDTGRCMO5HCAU1L.jpg

arrrrrggggghhhhhhhh! no way you were in the legnum?! damn it i didnt get a chance to come and bug you! sorry dude i missed you but i do remember what you look like! that legnum was awesome around the corners! the tyre squels were epic!

Yeah it's a noisy bugger lol my driving was cack missing apexes and off line all over the place but I'd rather just throw it around and not worry about that too much. I did spot you but you always looked busy.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Fantastic day, thank you Nevins and Sam - nicely organised, and good to see that my little Beemer didn't embarrass itself too much - I only managed to worry myself when my back shock bolt loosed off (caught it just in time with a quick visit to the pits) and trash the outsides of both fronts (after swapping them halfway through the day) - I think I might need to invest in a stiffer anti-roll bar - or perhaps replace the nut that holds the wheel :D

Cracking good day yesterday. Pleased with the car - no real gripes. I was worried my soft suspension setting would cause me trouble, but I think it was actually better than the harder settings I used last year. Need some new rubber now, before Snetterton next week!!

it was the kit car that fearless and co brought that the wheel fell off. think his daughter was driving at the time?

was a fantastic day, a very long day but was fab to say the least. nearly everyone behaved themselves and the weather stayed dry.

planning for the next is already in motion ;)

Nearly everyone behaved them selves?

Was good to meet you Sam, nevins your female friend who I'm going to call stubby from now on!ha! Guigsy very nice to meet you to very nice guy and nice Mitsubishi you have there!

Where are all the videos that people were recording in there cars? I'll try post a few onece iv put them on YouTube!

I think everyone behaved them selves and I hope everyone had a good day even though there were a few problems on the day!

Some nice cars, some great people and the weather held out! I'm on for more track days! :)

Just like to say thanks to nevins for organising this.

We had a great day and realy enjoyed it , think i got the track bug now

It was my first time doing a track day and the car handled the track realy well ,just need a new rad now but othere wise all ok.

The new good year isometric tyres performed fantastic and worked well in the rain on way back today.

soon as i get time ill sort the film and pics out

Again thanks and looking forward to the next one

Just like to say thanks to nevins for organising this.

We had a great day and realy enjoyed it , think i got the track bug now

It was my first time doing a track day and the car handled the track realy well ,just need a new rad now but othere wise all ok.

The new good year isometric tyres performed fantastic and worked well in the rain on way back today.

soon as i get time ill sort the film and pics out

Again thanks and looking forward to the next one

iv deffo got the track bug. cant wait to get new race brakes so i can get on track again. soo much fun

The problem is getting enough people to commit to these things.

I dont think we actually broke even on this one. If we do more than one each year then we will certainly struggle.

We can arrange with a Track Day company for specific dates to be discounted for Supras and have a mixed track if people want that.

I dont think we actually broke even on this one. If we do more than one each year then we will certainly struggle.

We can arrange with a Track Day company for specific dates to be discounted for Supras and have a mixed track if people want that.

:) i want that :thumbs:

Honestly Branners mixed cars is much better. No Offence and ill mention now that i love supras with all my heart but if you stand next to a track and for hours on end just watch supras going round and round it gets a lil boring.

At this event there was a nice mixture of jap motors and it was good!

maybe we should combine track days with other forums like ours and make a proper day out of it. in the end regardless of which car we are all petrol heads so our passion is the same :)

p.s. only suprapod should be a pure supra day :D

Well after yesterday, the events organisers for sxoc have asked if they can get an invite more often, they were amazed that they were not frowned on for being there like they have been in the past. Im sure that we could make the numbers easily if we had a good connection with a number of clubs.