The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Texas Mile Preparations

DARETT

Now don't get me wrong here, Amirs car is the nutz, but how does a car manufactured in Japan and built in the US make you 'proud to be british'????????:search:

Lol

My car's similar to the England cricket team ;)

Was nice to see the us guys welcome a uk based car out there though.

We need more for next year! :D

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

was she not a uk supra if not my bad :innocent:

I don't know if it was UK spec or not, either way it was built originaly in Japan;)

And I think it prob indicative of the UK now that Amir had to get it built in the US to get the result he wanted, that would make me slightly embarrased to be british. hell even the air in the tyres isnt british and poor old Cody had to change gear with his left hand, prob only used that for holding a Dr pepper up till now:taped:

Thanks Phil :)

Dude, you guys are doing a terrific job of moving the scene forward though, and I really look forward to seeing your car. Will be a true credit to yourself and AFR.

Hopefully the UK will be producing a whole load more big power car's now.

We'll have the resources set in for it anyhow. ;)

I doubt we will be catching up with the guys across the water. The whole car culture is different over there, big block muscle cars, street racing, drag racing on local strips. I think we have had no more than 30 strips in the UK and none really used as frequently as the US strips, very few here are purpose built. Going to the strip was/is more like a right of passage in the states. I bet the majority of the the UK population think a drag strip is a seedy sex show.

Edited by Terminator (see edit history)

I doubt we will be catch up with the guys across the water. The whole car culture is different over there, big block muscle cars, street racing, drag racing on local strips. I think we have had no more than 30 strips in the UK and none really used as frequently as the US strips, very few here are purpose built. Going to the strip was/is more like a right of passage in the states. I bet the majority of the the UK population think a drag strip is a seedy sex show.

Ah yes, but the majority of Americans think a race track is something you find on a CD ;)