Texas Mile Preparations

DARETT

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wez the pumps going to be mounted externally with some -12 lines iirc, I'll get some more detailed pics once it's all mounted in.

Jamie just the bay in black, the rest will stay in white for now :)

A 150 single fogger will be used, should be more than enough though!

Jay, your GT2 is very nice :) It was my brother who you met in colindale and spoke about it.

Your Supra sounds lovely as well, you got a cool collection :D

Guest Cody Phillips

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone as it's pretty much been my hands involved for the complete build. I'm very much looking forward to the finished product on this car, which probably won't be until it gets all the way back to England for paint and possibly HRE's. The shipping companies aren't too nice to these cars sometimes, so better to wait and paint it there in the UK. Regarding to the what's going to be attached the end of the fuel hanger the answer is nothing. We purposely leave it up a little bit from the bottom because with 1500 rwhp you suck the bottom of the plastic sump area quickly so bringing it up offers more available fuel and less cavitation. This pump works well with a voltage controller for street cars and this hanger works well if you don't want to go with a full out fuel cell.

It's pretty doubtful we'll be spraying the car at the mile, but it'll be used for drag racing. I'm excited to drive the car in the mile however, it'll take some getting use to being RHD.

Something else to point out is the ABS delete that we did on the car. For what we're doing we don't need ABS and it's pretty ugly looking with the freshened up polished/painted/chromed engine bay.

I'll be heading over to the UK and possibly Denmark in the next few months to do some tuning on Amir's car and hopefully many more. There's no better combination for the street than a 47-80 and a 3.4 with a GOOD tire. I use to drive my car on the streets reguarly with the 47-88 and it was a monster :). I hope the streets offer decent traction so Amir can keep this thing between the ditches :)......

Thanks for the comments and we'll have many more updates as the build goes along. The car is scheduled for completion in the next 10-12 days.......

For anyone interested in any tuning for my upcoming trip, you're welcome to contact me directly or Amir as he will be working out the logistics.........

Guest Cody Phillips
Also interested in the weldon setup, i want to move away from the walbros, do you have a part number for the weldon pump?:)

Jamie,

It's much more reliable to run one pump vs. two. If one of the two goes bad and the other pump can't keep up, it gets to be a disaster. I can hook you up with any of the Weldon products as well as the hanger/mount if you're interested.

BTW, you've got a beautiful Supra, I'm impressed and I rarely get impressed these days :)........might be time for some more power :)

Jamie,

It's much more reliable to run one pump vs. two. If one of the two goes bad and the other pump can't keep up, it gets to be a disaster. I can hook you up with any of the Weldon products as well as the hanger/mount if you're interested.

BTW, you've got a beautiful Supra, I'm impressed and I rarely get impressed these days :)........might be time for some more power :)

Thanks Cody, might give you a shout on that soon, how noisy are they? livable on a street car?

Interested to meet up when you come to the UK if you have time, would like some input on the car:)

Guest Cody Phillips
Loving the shoes ;)

Seriously though, WOW, some VERY nice hardware there, interested in the oil way modifications or is that trade secret ;)

Thank you and yes, it's pretty much a secret. You can't give them all out :). Oiling is very important on these motors and usually gets ignored!!!!!!

Guest Cody Phillips
Thanks Cody, might give you a shout on that soon, how noisy are they? livable on a street car?

Interested to meet up when you come to the UK if you have time, would like some input on the car:)

The pumps are VERY quiet with a voltage controller and when you go to WOT they turn up to 12volts, but the exhaust note is much higher at that point. Definitely livable on a street car........

I'll definitely have to see your car how's the tune up on it??? Maybe we could book a session ;)

We'll be arranging Cody's tune days early next year in the UK, and then Europe at around the same time.

Details will be released on the website closer to the time.

Cody's knowledge and dedication has been second to none so far in this build, and hopefully alot more of us will be able to benefit from this as well.

All of the cars he's built to date can deserve their own build threads tbh

Edited by DARETT (see edit history)

This GT47-80 with a stroker kit is sounding the nuts. Im guessing that is a manual trans only point ... Cant imagine any auto box holding 1200whp!! Good excuse all the same :)

Its good you can switch between the 2 turbos mate for mile events and normal driving.

Guest Cody Phillips
This GT47-80 with a stroker kit is sounding the nuts. Im guessing that is a manual trans only point ... Cant imagine any auto box holding 1200whp!! Good excuse all the same :)

Its good you can switch between the 2 turbos mate for mile events and normal driving.

There are SEVERAL choices for the automatic guys, but most guys love to bang the gears :)

Guest Cody Phillips
We'll be arranging Cody's tune days early next year in the UK, and then Europe at around the same time.

Details will be released on the website closer to the time.

Cody's knowledge and dedication has been second to none so far in this build, and hopefully alot more of us will be able to benefit from this as well.

All of the cars he's built to date can deserve their own build threads tbh

I've very excited for this, it will definitely be an event!!! Hopefully the schedule will allow for a EPL football game. I'm a huge fan!!! Amir and I went back and forth during the World Cup this summer. I've always wanted to go to Europe and play the linx at St. Andrews as well. Who knows I may be there for weeks :)

Fantastic build Amir. You should see some records tumbling with your car. With Cody on board you will be hard to beat. It good to see Dana's name again, VWR certainly produce some of the best engineering. I know it gives me great confidence having one of his engines under my bonnet. You have an almost unbeatable package.

Thanks for the kind words phil.

God willing we get some good conditions in Texas and get the results we want.

It certainly is great to have Cody on board he's been great to work with.

Still looking forward in a ride in your beast when she's up and running again though:D

Still looking forward in a ride in your beast when she's up and running again though

Any time Amir, but it will feel slow in comparison. LOL 700+ slow:blink:.

Amazing setup there :cool: will be interesting to see how the dyno figures compare either side of the pond :)

Be good to see a comparison of the same map, same fuel, dyno figures, either side of the pond and put to bed the US bhp and UK bhp debate forever.

Can't wait for the Texas result.

Edited by Terminator (see edit history)

Guest dayofJUDGEMENT

Epic build Jam Performance.

Nice to see where all the money from your 'brothers' has gone.

All will be accounted for on the day you should be afraid of. Which you seem to have no fear about. May you be guided on the right path.

Your iman is weak.

Good work Cody

Edited by dayofJUDGEMENT (see edit history)

Guest Cody Phillips

The build should be completed in the next few days. Still a few things on the list to complete, but hopefully I can get them knocked out so we can go to SILV and then on to the Texas mile. Amir will arrive tomorrow at 8pm MST in Utah. I'm either going to take him directly to the dyno for a tuning session on another car I'm finishing or directly to the strip club for some R&R, either which shall be fun!!!!