The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Johnny's HKS Twins Project

johnny g

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are the 3037's so next ones up from mine but I think Dimirti said they have very small exhaust housings 0.58.

He says the spool was 4300 - 4500rpm so they must be small. Mine have the .73 housings and I get full boost at 5000rpm.

Will be a great setup with that kind of spool. :)

What I would say though is you may as well pull the engine out to fit this kit, its very difficault trying to fit it in the car. That way you can do any engine work thats planned at the same time.

Small update.

Went to see Hodge today, confirmed a few details, and the car is getting the VVTi head fitted at the same time as the Twins. John is also going to polybush the car for me whilst it's there and a few other odds and sods.

I picked up the breather setup today from Jay, so that's a tick in that box.

On to the next piece of the puzzle.

• 5 weeks later...

Another small update and advice request!

Got most pieces in now to have the work started (only the built head to purchase).

The Twin Kit has now arrived and is lovingly secure at my house. Now, the manifolds are heatwrapped already, but I've thought about unwrapping them, to have them blasted and heat coated (ceramic?), then re-wrapping them.

Is this worth doing? If so, what can people recommend, how long does it take and how much are we looking at? Thanks in advance.

Ceramic coating would be the pooch's penis :cool:

http://www.zircotec.com/

Cheers, Gaz. Just emailed them to ask about the Performance Colours "Alaskan Blue" range. Will update on prices. Looks so much better than heatwrapping.

i will be watching this one, so many builds going on, 2011 is going to be a good year....

For sure. SupraPod/JAE etc will, hopefully, be epic in 2011.

I'd rather have 600 useable bhp than 700 unuseable :)

That's my point mate. If your fitting an 044 and there proven for over 700hp why upgrade the fuel system again at a later date. I recon at 600-700 hp those twins will pull your face off anyways.

very true!

plus you're going big twins mate so your power will be a lot more useable and not quite so stupidly agressive!!

you'll love it mate :)

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)