The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power Delivery ?

Nodalmighty

How do you like your Power Delivery?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your Power Delivery?

• Stock TT / BPU
    • TTC Parallel Twin
    • Small Single (Nothing below 4k)
    • Large Single (Nothing below 5k)
    • Super charger (Instant boost form 1500k but crap top end performance)
    • Super Charge / Turbo combo (like 5 but with decent Top end performace of a single)
    • Something else (Please Specifiy)

How about high and low compression. Hinge the head to the block but have the cylinder liners in a casting bolted to the head. Using hydraulics to raise and lower the head about the hinge you get variable compression. Or you could finish off the mayflower engine with it's weird and wonderful hinged hydraulic con rods giving variable capacity as well as compression.

Now you're talking :) Mind you, variable compression is more to do with making an engine efficient at part load than full throttle (i.e. its an emissions thing). If you want variable displacement bad enough then you can do it through cylinder deactivation using a version of cam profile switching rather than resorting to some wierd and wonderful engine arrangement.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are the sort of dyno figures to make a big heavy car lift up its skirts and fly:

I think you might struggle to shoe horn that into the front of Mk4. I suppose you could always space frame the front end. Just imaging what that would go like with a pair of GT42's and a pair of Whipple screw blowers on it (Quad Charged) :D:d:d:d:d

That's completely untrue, my car with the GT35R was going on for nearly 400hp by 4000rpm, positive boost at just over 2000rpm.

Small DBB single running around 550hp is the perfect setup for me.

Similar to my old setup, however if I was to do it again (which I'm about too) I'd want more power.

I was thinking maybe a 4088r (possibly equivalent billet) on a VVTI engine with a quick spool valve. Would be devastatingly fast with very quick spool.

Similar to my old setup, however if I was to do it again (which I'm about too) I'd want more power.

I was thinking maybe a 4088r (possibly equivalent billet) on a VVTI engine with a quick spool valve. Would be devastatingly fast with very quick spool.

In HK it was perfect for me, there just isn't the room to use more hp. Agree in the UK I'd perhaps consider the larger T04Z.

Hate to $#@! on this thread but these are nothing short of pipe dreams unless you have a huge budget and the machines, techs and knowledge to do it. Its all good talking about this stuff but I can guarantee non of it will happen.

what makes you say that.loads of people said to me that you wont be able to supercharge the na,Iknow its not finished and been over 12 monthhs but there isnt really much left to do now.I think if your mind is set on somethhing and you dont get bored then anything is possible.As for the budget then waiting for the right secondhand parts and doing most of the work yourself would cut the cost of any build.For the things you are unable to do yourself i would seriously do a lot of research on who you get to do whatever you cant,as there are loads of places that will happily take your money and say we can do that.

Hate to shit on this thread but these are nothing short of pipe dreams unless you have a huge budget and the machines, techs and knowledge to do it. Its all good talking about this stuff but I can guarantee non of it will happen.

People told me I was never going to Supercharge the MR2 with a 3 litre V6 engine. Done.

The same people also told me I'd never have a 3.4 litre V6 with a GT4094r on. Done.

The simple thing is: If you want it bad enough, you can make it happen. Also, what's wrong with discussion and bouncing ideas?

what makes you say that.loads of people said to me that you wont be able to supercharge the na,Iknow its not finished and been over 12 monthhs but there isnt really much left to do now.I think if your mind is set on somethhing and you dont get bored then anything is possible.As for the budget then waiting for the right secondhand parts and doing most of the work yourself would cut the cost of any build.For the things you are unable to do yourself i would seriously do a lot of research on who you get to do whatever you cant,as there are loads of places that will happily take your money and say we can do that.

I agree with that fwiw. I started my supercharger project 3, yes 3 years ago and although I havent done anything for a couple of those years now, I intend to come back to it at some point soon. I got pretty close as has Barney and I now know of a third member going down the same route. It's only a matter of time before one of us does it and to say it will never happen is just nonsense. Saying all this, I have thought a few times of maybe trying to move what I have on to someone who has the time to spend on it....

Hate to shit on this thread but these are nothing short of pipe dreams unless you have a huge budget and the machines, techs and knowledge to do it. Its all good talking about this stuff but I can guarantee non of it will happen.

Which bits exactly aren't going to happen? All the things listed in the poll already have been years ago apart from the number 7 as it's open to suggestion (and most of those with the exception of variable compression engines has been). Or did you just mean on this forum?

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

Which bits exactly aren't going to happen? All the things listed in the poll already have been years ago apart from the number 7 as it's open to suggestion (and most of those with the exception of variable compression engines has been). Or did you just mean on this forum?

First off let me get this straight, I never said there was a problem bouncing ideas off one and other but comeon let's be realistic here, variable compression on a 2JZ, your into complete engine redesign for such a task with what I'd suspect huge costs involved, that there is a pipe dream.

Yes it may come down to how badly you want something much like I want to ITB my car but in my eyes there is a limit. I mean you could spend twice or three times as much as one person and end up with a car no better, yes it maybe unique but what's the point if its no better than a more basic setup. Anyway I aint getting into an argument over ideas so that's basicly my view on things.