The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VERY interesting project coming

dude

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I disbelieve any of whats been stated, but I'm struggling to get my head around how one person can work out what is clearly being suggested as a more efficient all round method of turbo charging. Yet millions of dollars and years of R&D by huge companies has missed it.

You could also say that of Dyson!! How come Hoover et al didn't develop things?

There are many papers and science that never gets used , mainly due the very , very, smart originators never see applications - put 2 smart fluid dynamicists together and they end up debating mathmatics at a high level - now ask them to fix the toilet that don't flush...........

It won't be too long till we have the system up and running, it is the testing that will take the time, there are loads of different things we are going to try.

Any idea on the price roughly? Would you have to run aftermarket management with the mod?

Any idea on the price roughly? Would you have to run aftermarket management with the mod?

Until we know what we need etc and fabrication times no idea whatsoever, the better the management the easier we can control the mods without you needing to constantly moniter everything but we can prob get round no aftermarket management by using various window switches.

Also Dude, do you think 500bhp on stock turbo's if feasible with this mod if say my car was fully bpu'd? Or will we just have to wait and find out? :)

In theory yes, I really dont know the result on the turbines though, which is why I would say that on the stock based metal wheeled tubbies we have done at CR then yes that's feasible.

Also Dude, do you think 500bhp on stock turbo's if feasible with this mod if say my car was fully bpu'd? Or will we just have to wait and find out? :)

:lol: Dream on!

Popped down to AFR earlier as was seriously interested in this and managed to get a secret video of some testing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_qOn-u8OYM&feature=related

:rlol: No expense spared then :D

Popped down to AFR earlier as was seriously interested in this and managed to get a secret video of some testing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_qOn-u8OYM&feature=related

IF they had used a diff fan, ie one designed to build pressure and not just move air, then to certain extent that would actually work:blink: Anyway I thought we agreed not to say anything:search:

I'm having steel turbines put into my turbo's I've got going on my new engine ATM, really interested in this, I was planning on going TTC with a piggy back ecu. If I can get close to 500 bhp then I'm definitely interested :)

i have just fitted a set of our steel turbine turbos to a new engine we built with forged pistons etc, the car made 421 at 1 bar on the old dyno, will be interesting to see how high it goes when loosened up and more miles are on it so we can turn up the boost, maybe we can try TTC with the quicker spool etc it should feel like a single.

heres the thesis on the quicker spool that is already developed and proven, we aim to move this on further.

http://sti.cnam.fr/turbomachines-moteurs/pdf/EUROT5.PDF

Wow, this is exciting stuff. Looking forward to the actual trials. I only saw this post 10 mins ago and the wait is killing me already.

I have already sorted the parts for mine , spent an hour on the phone to the 'brains' behind it all tonight. we have sorted one part we need and im expectinfg a delivery tommorrow.

i have just fitted a set of our steel turbine turbos to a new engine we built with forged pistons etc, the car made 421 at 1 bar on the old dyno, will be interesting to see how high it goes when loosened up and more miles are on it so we can turn up the boost, maybe we can try TTC with the quicker spool etc it should feel like a single.

heres the thesis on the quicker spool that is already developed and proven, we aim to move this on further.

http://sti.cnam.fr/turbomachines-moteurs/pdf/EUROT5.PDF

Following this with great interest looking forward to the results,:eyebrows:

From the sounds of it, this sort of thing could revolutionise the turbo industry. Why is this 'Mad Scientist' not working with the likes of Garret or even a large performance car manufacturer like Porsche say? They've come some way with their VV technology.

Maybe the Mad Scientist needs to find someone willing to spend their time and money developing his idea to the point of a working prototype so he can THEN sell it to Garrett and the like with data to back up his claims (But then I am Sceptical Cat :D).

If the Mad Scientist if paying for your time then it sounds like your going to have a fun time watching something really special develop. If not, get an iron clad contract that stops them excluding you from any potential revenue streams the final product will generate.