The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VERY interesting project coming

dude

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all goes to plan how long until it's widely available? I maybe interested in the stock twins option depending on the price :)

It won't be too long till we have the system up and running, it is the testing that will take the time, there are loads of different things we are going to try.

Not that I disbelieve any of whats been stated, but I'm struggling to get my head around how one person can work out what is clearly being suggested as a more efficient all round method of turbo charging. Yet millions of dollars and years of R&D by huge companies has missed it.

This was my argument, as well as, 'well the yanks seem to have no problem with getting big' hp etc, replies were as follows, part of the process is unexplored but would NOT be suitable for 'the general public' car ownership, ie a bit like a finely tuned single, if someone with no idea was given it then problems will occur, there has to be some care taken by the owner, now a lot of risk can be taken away by running some of the new ecu's like the syvec's for example, without talking to Ryan about it I'm pretty sure it and many others, like what will be on my car next year will be able to be configured to go into limp mode if anything is detected to be amiss. as most of the cars we are hoping to attract already have quite a lot of supporting mods this shouldn't be too much extra cost but to do this on a Yaris say driven by someone with no mechanical knoweledge would financially unviable.

second answer re the yanks was, anyone can put a bigger turbo on, we are going to do it far more subtly a bit like the old saying 'walk quietly , but carry a big stick' ;)

I cannot say to more but there is a degree of monitoring etc by the owner.

This was my argument, as well as, 'well the yanks seem to have no problem with getting big' hp etc, replies were as follows, part of the process is unexplored but would NOT be suitable for 'the general public' car ownership, ie a bit like a finely tuned single, if someone with no idea was given it then problems will occur, there has to be some care taken by the owner, now a lot of risk can be taken away by running some of the new ecu's like the syvec's for example, without talking to Ryan about it I'm pretty sure it and many others, like what will be on my car next year will be able to be configured to go into limp mode if anything is detected to be amiss. as most of the cars we are hoping to attract already have quite a lot of supporting mods this shouldn't be too much extra cost but to do this on a Yaris say driven by someone with no mechanical knoweledge would financially unviable.

second answer re the yanks was, anyone can put a bigger turbo on, we are going to do it far more subtly a bit like the old saying 'walk quietly , but carry a big stick' ;)

This all sounds like Pro Drives Rocket ALS to me. The Mad scientist is not called Roland is he :D

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

Cut hole in the floor and get some Flintstones running power added? Am I close?

:sly:

Lowering the spool time is easy enough. Titanium internals would do it for a start. Add to that an air bearing and your onto a winner. Cost a few bob and easy to break though. Air bearing might a feasible generic solution.

I'm very curious about this and look forward to the results.

PS I can get titanium turbine blades from just about any aero engine if you want them :D

J/K Mr employer, please don't sack me!

From the sounds of it, this sort of thing could revolutionise the turbo industry. Why is this 'Mad Scientist' not working with the likes of Garret or even a large performance car manufacturer like Porsche say? They've come some way with their VV technology.

Who says they don't;)

We are not touching the insides of the turbo at the moment, these are bolt on mods.:eyebrows:

To repeat, to put this in my car would be simple, to make it idiot proof for the wife to drive is not, that is part of what we are working on.

Edited by dude (see edit history)