The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Daily Drive Luxury/GT Sports car opinions, maybe RS6

jevansio

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do BMW do an M5 V10 estate? There was a very new looking M5 V10 saloon at Donington yesterday and whilst I could leave it for dead on the straights in the corners it was unbelievably well balanced for such a huge and heavy barge. It did have Pilot Sport Cups on and some very serious looking brakes, but to say I was surprised by its ability is an understatement. There was also a RUF CT3 Porsche there, being driven like he'd stolen it, but that's for another thread.

Do BMW do an M5 V10 estate? There was a very new looking M5 V10 saloon at Donington yesterday and whilst I could leave it for dead on the straights in the corners it was unbelievably well balanced for such a huge and heavy barge. It did have Pilot Sport Cups on and some very serious looking brakes, but to say I was surprised by its ability is an understatement. There was also a RUF CT3 Porsche there, being driven like he'd stolen it, but that's for another thread.

Yes Chris i believe they do an estate version of the M5 it was on topgear once when they were ripping up luton airport runway at night pairing it against the merc estate rival.

Go down to the next classic car auctions with a wodge of cash , bid on someones moneypit !!!

loads of good and rare cars , jensen interceptor convertible?,or Aston? , American muscle ?

they are cheap now and will hold value if rare enough or good enough resto - BMW 850 CSI?

Go down to the next classic car auctions with a wodge of cash , bid on someones moneypit !!!

loads of good and rare cars , jensen interceptor convertible?,or Aston? , American muscle ?

they are cheap now and will hold value if rare enough or good enough resto - BMW 850 CSI?

I think Jay is more after a daily driver, although they are brilliant cars, not ideal running daily.

same model as you show, not sure on year as it has private plate

Main problems, gearbox, suspension and drive shaft, plus lots of other small niggles but still cost £££££ to sort

Jay, Gary,

That has all the vibes of a pre-facelift, however, all L322's up to the 2009 version suffer from a link problem that connects the auto gearbox lever with the gearbox selector. I promise you that yours will have a problem at some stage but don't worry at all - you have a choice of paying 450 quid at Land Rover, or, you can spend 60 minutes and a few squirts of WD40 to sort it yourself. I joke not but these are the things that can catch you out.

If you buy a Rangey then I'll pop over and do it for you Jay. I'll even bring my own tin of WD40:D

PM coming

When I draw up a list, the RS6 does tick a lot of boxes, I'm just trying to find if they have any hidden gremlins (as I was all for the CL600 until I started reading a MB forum :D)

it would be my choice to, the newer 5.2v10 and tunned by mtm 730bhp are a genuine 200mph+ car.

I thought these uber saloons would maybe give me a little buzz :(

Forget it, luxo barges are never going to give you the same kick in the back feeling of acceleration like a modified Supra does, well not in stock form anyway. Personal experience would lead me to pick the M5 over all the others you have mentioned; it's still the only car to date that I regret getting rid off. The RS6 is a great car, I just found it a bit soulless compared to the M5. The only other car that came close to the M5, was an C63 AMG I had a blat in recently, the noise of the thing was very addictive.

I haven't actually :D, maybe I should, but I need to have at least a small liking for the looks of the car & unfortunately the Lexus don't cut it :(

M3 - Not as good as the Supra

Evo X - No way, that is chav central

Audi RS4 - Yes, nice

Monaro VXR - Maybe, RS4/6 beats it on all counts though

Audi S5 - Again RS4/6 is better

TVR Cerbera (reliability issues?!) - It's my daily drive :D

Merc CL600 - Already considered, but have been put off from stories from the MB forum

Jaguar XK-R - Yeah I like them, it's a maybe

The car I'm getting has to give me something the Supra & 911 can't (or it was a waste of time getting rid of them).

The RR, RS4/6, CL600, M5/M6 all do that (it's luxury & load space) as well as being a brand that is up there with Porsche.

Jay i would not dis count the cl600

i am a member of various mb forums and yes the pre 2003 models did suffer a lot of reliability problems but the facelift 2003 models and above are a lot better. The main things to look out for is the ABC and the bodywork for corrosion although providing the service history is MB and up to date and its less than 10 years old then merc will repair bodywork free.

I would have another in a heartbeat if i had time to drive one:rolleyes:

hopefully in the spring i will have another supra in the garage, and possibly a c63:D

(providing this bloody house don,t sap me dry:()

Yip, I really like the M5, it's just a bit out my price range at the mo.

I don't think you are going to find a car within your budget that will give you everything you get from the supra mate. Get Rach something she likes and you should get a motorbike, you will have all the fun you can handle getting to and from work lol.

Already got Rach her car, the car I'm looking for is purely for me so Rach can hate it as far as I'm concerned as she won't be driving it :D

Jay, Gary,

That has all the vibes of a pre-facelift, however, all L322's up to the 2009 version suffer from a link problem that connects the auto gearbox lever with the gearbox selector. I promise you that yours will have a problem at some stage but don't worry at all - you have a choice of paying 450 quid at Land Rover, or, you can spend 60 minutes and a few squirts of WD40 to sort it yourself. I joke not but these are the things that can catch you out.

If you buy a Rangey then I'll pop over and do it for you Jay. I'll even bring my own tin of WD40:D

Nice one bud, I might come and see you & the RR if that's OK bud next time you're home, just to see if the RR facelift is the car for me.

Just found a pic of my rear end, Jay:innocent: I had the chrome race exhaust 'end' bits added. Cost a few quid but it adds to the rear don't you think.

Do you like my rear end then Jay, well, do you; do you mate?:D

Yip, like them

Forget it, luxo barges are never going to give you the same kick in the back feeling of acceleration like a modified Supra does, well not in stock form anyway. Personal experience would lead me to pick the M5 over all the others you have mentioned; it's still the only car to date that I regret getting rid off. The RS6 is a great car, I just found it a bit soulless compared to the M5. The only other car that came close to the M5, was an C63 AMG I had a blat in recently, the noise of the thing was very addictive.

I'm inclinded to agree Miguel, I don't think any of them are going to give me the kick the Supra can, maybe I should go for utter luxury then, I'm not feeling the RS6 as much after being out in the RS4.

RR & CL600 are my current top now

Jay i would not dis count the cl600

i am a member of various mb forums and yes the pre 2003 models did suffer a lot of reliability problems but the facelift 2003 models and above are a lot better. The main things to look out for is the ABC and the bodywork for corrosion although providing the service history is MB and up to date and its less than 10 years old then merc will repair bodywork free.

I would have another in a heartbeat if i had time to drive one:rolleyes:

hopefully in the spring i will have another supra in the garage, and possibly a c63:D

(providing this bloody house don,t sap me dry:()

I'm back on em bud, been looking at the vids on youtube and they sound amazing, and although I wouldn't go this far I do love it

nXaqKL-Bybw

Another big problem for me with the CL600 is everyone is about 200 miles away, I can't even get a local test drive to see if it's for me :(

How about this TVR. Meant to be more reliable than the cerbera.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1937696.htm

Personally i think it looks better than the tuscan too :)

No good as a DD in the snow