The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Daily Drive Luxury/GT Sports car opinions, maybe RS6

jevansio

Jay mate, are you seriously thinking about getting rid of the Supe for that.:rolleyes:

Log off; go to bed with a hot chocolate and start looking again in the morning.

What about this, facelift, black, cream interior, I'd come down on price on the Supra for that :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=116050&stc=1&d=1283069669

attachment.php?attachmentid=116051&stc=1&d=1283069669

attachment.php?attachmentid=116052&stc=1&d=1283069669

attachment.php?attachmentid=116053&stc=1&d=1283069669

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What year car and what problems? Sorry to be perdantic, but it's good info if I'm going to get one :D

same model as you show, not sure on year as it has private plate

Main problems, gearbox, suspension and drive shaft, plus lots of other small niggles but still cost £££££ to sort

You also over looked this UTE. Looks awsum

Have you thought of one of these?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2013571.htm

It's a dog, the fact it's a cut & shut of an MR2 & Celica doesn't help :p :D

same model as you show, not sure on year as it has private plate

Main problems, gearbox, suspension and drive shaft, plus lots of other small niggles but still cost £££££ to sort

Same model as in facelift, or just new RR?

The M5's do that.

What about this. Lexus Ls430. Ultimate quiet ride and reliable.

I like Toyotas, but feel Lexus hasn't yet reached the point where it has the brand image that its competitors do

:) On a serious note

Something on the cheaper/different side

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1859423.htm

PS i'd have the RS4 Avant any day of the week over anything else mentioned :)

Don't like Nissans, they don't do anything that the outgoing cars (911 Turbo/Supra) don't p1ss all over them on.

Have you driven a lexus LS? Its a seriously underrated motor and unbelievably quiet and smooth and the quality is superb without the nightmares of running something like a rangerover.

I had a Discovery V8 and it was great to drive but never again will i own a land/range rover because as soon as you fixed something another part fell off or broke.

Have you driven a lexus LS? Its a seriously underrated motor and unbelievably quiet and smooth and the quality is superb without the nightmares of running something like a rangerover.

I had a Discovery V8 and it was great to drive but never again will i own a land/range rover because as soon as you fixed something another part fell off or broke.

I haven't actually :D, maybe I should, but I need to have at least a small liking for the looks of the car & unfortunately the Lexus don't cut it :(

E46 M3

Evo X

Audi RS4

Monaro VXR

Audi S5

TVR Cerbera (reliability issues?!)

Merc CL600

Jaguar XK-R

Jn any order :)

M3 - Not as good as the Supra

Evo X - No way, that is chav central

Audi RS4 - Yes, nice

Monaro VXR - Maybe, RS4/6 beats it on all counts though

Audi S5 - Again RS4/6 is better

TVR Cerbera (reliability issues?!) - It's my daily drive :D

Merc CL600 - Already considered, but have been put off from stories from the MB forum

Jaguar XK-R - Yeah I like them, it's a maybe

The car I'm getting has to give me something the Supra & 911 can't (or it was a waste of time getting rid of them).

The RR, RS4/6, CL600, M5/M6 all do that (it's luxury & load space) as well as being a brand that is up there with Porsche.

I have just seen my mate in his new RS4 (4.2 V8) and blagged a go in that. It is very nice inside, maybe too firm, and the seats are too sporty. And it is NOWHERE NEAR as fast as the Supra, I am disappointed, I thought these uber saloons would maybe give me a little buzz :(

It is exactly the same as this (colour and all)