The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Daily Drive Luxury/GT Sports car opinions, maybe RS6

jevansio

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for a test drive in an XKR Jay, you should be suitably impressed. Maybe not as quick as a Single Supra, but still bloody fast, Handles brilliantly with lots of feedback for a new car, comfy for the class and one of the best soundtracks of any current car. The XK (non supercharged) is a fair bit slower but the ride comfort is better, and it maybe looks a little nicer. The interior feels very well put together and special (ie, it doesn't feel mass produced).

IMO Jaguar make some of the best new cars available.

Go for a test drive in an XKR Jay, you should be suitably impressed. Maybe not as quick as a Single Supra, but still bloody fast, Handles brilliantly with lots of feedback for a new car, comfy for the class and one of the best soundtracks of any current car. The XK (non supercharged) is a fair bit slower but the ride comfort is better, and it maybe looks a little nicer. The interior feels very well put together and special (ie, it doesn't feel mass produced).

IMO Jaguar make some of the best new cars available.

Yeah I like Jags, but I don't think the new ones are great VFM yet, I'd rather pick up an older XJR

Right Jay, here we go mate. You can thank me when you pick it up.

I think it may be too fast for you though:innocent: (grab it before Jamie comes along yeh:D).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-Hayabusa-Dax-Rush-Turbo-Charged-330-bhp-/140445281505?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20b330ece1

Lol, that is soooo not me :D

I think I'm just going to save up, don't really know what I want next, CL600 Bi-Turbo is prolly top, but I can't be arsed to travel 250 miles to look at what could end up being a dog, plus need shot of the Supe 1st

IMO, the previous shape CL is one of the best looking cars of all time.

I cant imagine it will give you any thrills driving it though, as they dont feel anywhere near as fast as they actually are. The interiors of Mercs from this era dont feel special either, there's always a sense that it's been done on a budget. The COMMAND system is garbage too, worse than BMWs Idrive IMO.

Speaking of BMW, have you considered the 635d? They must be seriously quick cars with a remap, while being relatively frugal.

Personally, I wouldn't discount the previous shape XKR either, as it's a stunning car that just seems to get better looking with age IMO

As a very extreme outside suggestion, there's also the XJS. KWE converted/modernised cars go for £30k plus but don't seem to depreciate. They are stunning cars with so much presence, although I can't see them feeling particularly fast.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll255/forestwhiting/2001_mercedes_cl_100001404_m.jpg

I cant imagine it will give you any thrills driving it though, as they dont feel anywhere near as fast as they actually are. The interiors of Mercs from this era dont feel special either, there's always a sense that it's been done on a budget. The COMMAND system is garbage too, worse than BMWs Idrive IMO.

Speaking of BMW, have you considered the 635d? They must be seriously quick cars with a remap, while being relatively frugal.

The biturbo should be pretty fast, 500bhp/600ftlbs, chippable to 600bhp/700ftlbs

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll255/forestwhiting/2001_mercedes_cl_100001404_m.jpg

The interior build qaulity are superb on these here is a shot from mine[ATTACH]116559[/ATTACH]

I will be suprised if you think its fast, i went in one a couple of years back and it felt a bit like my boat:D

its not in the same leaque as a sports car for handling, but whack on the sports mode and its a great drive, and because of the size of it you will find yourself doing 90mph at just over 2k rpm and thinking your only doing 60:D

Personally, I wouldn't discount the previous shape XKR either, as it's a stunning car that just seems to get better looking with age IMO

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/j_s14a/2003-Jaguar-XKR-Coupe-Black-1280x960.jpg

As a very extreme outside suggestion, there's also the XJS. KWE converted/modernised cars go for £30k plus but don't seem to depreciate. They are stunning cars with so much presence, although I can't see them feeling particularly fast.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/j_s14a/1965942-1.jpg

Trouble with the old XK is for less money, you could buy an XJ and from inside you wouldn't know the difference

I will be suprised if you think its fast, i went in one a couple of years back and it felt a bit like my boat:D

its not in the same leaque as a sports car for handling, but whack on the sports mode and its a great drive, and because of the size of it you will find yourself doing 90mph at just over 2k rpm and thinking your only doing 60:D

It doesn't have to be super fast, the trouble with that RS4 was the fact you had to ring its neck to get it going, I want something that pulls to a ton like a train without you realising, to do that it needs turbos IMHO

You would think he would be happy with that:d

Totally agree, I happen to own 2 fantastic cars (single supra, and 911 turbo), it's just no matter how good the car I will always eventually wonder what else is out there, if I had a Veyron/McF1 i would still feel the same in a couple of years