The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xenon HID Conversion Kits

DARETT

Hi Darett,

Has mine been dispatched at all? Was expecting to see it arrive this morning. If it's not been sent out then no problem, I'll just wait a bit longer, just thought I'd advise you just in case :)

Hey,

They are with UPS and should be with you by tomorrow.

Quick few questions if I may.

I have jspec lights so I understand I need a set of H3 for dipped.

Q1: By main beam, I assume you mean the high beam you would use when theres no oncoming traffic on remote roads or to flash other drivers, and dipped would be the standard town driving lights?

Q2: If I wanted main beam, is there an option for dual filament on H3 (I see above H4 has that option for £70) or will I need a second set?

Q3: Since these run cooler than std lights, would this stop the yellowing you get on plastic jspec lights? If not, then I'll probably hold off until I've bought UK Glass headlights in a couple of months but if these solve the yellowing problem, then I'll just polish the lights just before installing HID's and stick with jspec.

Cheers in advance.

The dipped on the J-Spec is HB3 and the fog lights are H3.

Q1) That's exactly right :)

2) HB3 bulbs are only available in single filament. The only type of bulb available in a dual filament is the H4. 2 sets would be required to control the dipped and the main beam. So £100 delivered in all.

3) Without any independent testing I couldn't confirm if the yellowing issue is prevented with Xenon lights.

Although there are excellent results with polished J-Spec's.

I had them in polished J-Spec's for around 6 months without any yellowing issues, however I cannot confirm if the issue would manifest after a longer period of useage.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Wyntersun 4300k - HB4 (dipped beam UK spec lights) PAID AND SENT

2. Suprastar3000 6000k - HB3 x2 (Want both)PAID AND SENT

3. adrianstokes 4300k - HB3 (dipped beam J-Spec lights)PAID AND SENT

4. Arpus2010 6000k - HB3 (dipped J-spec)PAID AND SENT

5. Terminator 6000k Jspec Fogs PAID AND SENT

6. NOS 8000k - HB3. (can't add himself to group buys)

7. a98pmalcolm 10000k - HB3 -Jspec - (dipped and main also bulbs for fogs)

8. kill1308 -6000k - HB3 x 2 - Jspec (Would like dipped and high beam please) PAID AND SENT

9. chp03bcd - 6000k - HB3 (J-Spec, dipped) PAID NEED ADDRESS

10. 3LL - 6000k HB3 ( Jspec, Dipped ) PAID AND SENT

11. Spike3.0 - 8000k - HB3 (J Spec Dipped) PAID

12. supra steveo - 6000K- J spec- dipped and foglights

13.mikeyh-6000k-(j spec-dipped) PAID AND SENT

14.DodgyRog-6000k H7, 6000k HB4 -PAID AND SENT

15. Sakey - 6000k-(j spec-dipped)

16. Danger-Supe HB4 8K (UK Spec dipped) - PAID AND SENT

17. SupraP-Z - HB3 8K - PAID

The dipped on the J-Spec is HB3 and the fog lights are H3.

Q1) That's exactly right :)

2) HB3 bulbs are only available in single filament. The only type of bulb available in a dual filament is the H4. 2 sets would be required to control the dipped and the main beam. So £100 delivered in all.

3) Without any independent testing I couldn't confirm if the yellowing issue is prevented with Xenon lights.

Although there are excellent results with polished J-Spec's.

I had them in polished J-Spec's for around 6 months without any yellowing issues, however I cannot confirm if the issue would manifest after a longer period of useage.

Cheers Darett, that clears things up nicely. I'll likely chuck an order your way in a week or so if they're not all gone :)

anyone having problems fitting these, im not sure if im doing something wrong or i have a dodgy set :(

followed the non existant instructions but tbh there pretty simple to hook up as they will only connect one way.. i cant get either of them to work though :S

anyone having problems fitting these, im not sure if im doing something wrong or i have a dodgy set :(

followed the non existant instructions but tbh there pretty simple to hook up as they will only connect one way.. i cant get either of them to work though :S

Have you tried putting the main loom from the car into the HID loom connector the other way around?

I did this and they worked.

i connected the loom the car end that the bulb normally connects to, into the end of the loom that feeds the control box. this will as far as i can see only clip in the one way though as it has the clip on one side to latch it down ?

Its probably me doing something wrong but i followed the instruction diagram and everything appeared to be wired as suggested in the image for the 9005 without the relay.

I had problems fitting these too 3LL. First problem was fitting the dipped beam, it was not the same fitment as the one that came out of it, although the high-beam went in perfectly. I had to modify it in the end to fit by cutting some of the lugs to match what was in there, fitted and sealed ok then. Is a facelift headlight a different fitment or did I get the wrong one?

It sounds like your ballasts are plugged in the wrong way around dude, mine wouldn't fire up either when I plugged them in the way I'd expect them to clip in. Swapped them around (OEM Headlight loom end) and they fired up fine :)

ill give it a try matey, i didnt expect you would have to plug these into the headlight plug the wrong way around.. as long as i dont blow them or anything else though ill give it a whirl now.. lol

The connectors can be fitted either way, as the polarity differs on different vehicles.

The easiest way is just match up the colours from the wires, and make sure they coincide with each other when plugging them together.

Kill, the J-Spec lights take a 9006 halogen bulb, however the HID bulb is a 9005.

The 9005 is a smaller based bulb in comparison to the 9006 and normally slots right in.

The base is larger on the 9006 HID bulb and that can need filing down for it to fit.

I'm away for the past week, and have had someone else sending these out to you guys, although I did double check all sizes via the phone with them. It could have been a 9006 pair sent to you by mistake....

The 9005 are normally straight forward to fit....

Kill, the J-Spec lights take a 9006 halogen bulb, however the HID bulb is a 9005.

The 9005 is a smaller based bulb in comparison to the 9006 and normally slots right in.

The base is larger on the 9006 HID bulb and that can need filing down for it to fit.

Thanks for the reply Darett,

Both kits I received were definiately 9005's... As I said the High Beam was absolutely fine, the base was identical to the replacement and it went straight in. The dipped was quite different and the I had to file quite a bit off each of the lugs to get the bulb to fit. There was no way it would have fitted as it was, it would only turn a few mm of rotation before it hit the stops in the mount and was not at all secure.

Just thought it might be worth noting, the 3 lugs on the light took out of the dipped were all relatively thin, where as the ones going in were much wider, so I just filed them down the same and they went straight in.

It was no major drama, just took a bit longer than expected :)

Right I did as suggested, swapped the plugs around and one of the units lights up, the other just flickers then goes out so I def think I have been unlucky in getting a defective bulb. Gonna Email Darrett now to see if he can help at all.. :(

Hi DARETT, can you confirm how you are shipping these out, are they couriered or just standard post? reason im asking is because i havent received mine yet after placing the order with you on friday, and just wanted check the postal method as that will have an effect on the delivery time with the delivery address i gave you.

cheers!

Hi DARETT, can you confirm how you are shipping these out, are they couriered or just standard post? reason im asking is because i havent received mine yet after placing the order with you on friday, and just wanted check the postal method as that will have an effect on the delivery time with the delivery address i gave you.

cheers!

The single kits were sent Recorded 1st class signed for, and the multiple kits were sent via UPS.

RM should be next day, unless you know of any delays at that address?...