The mkiv Supra Owners Club

na-t advice please

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was putting an NA-T kit together I'd go for a PHR NA-T manifold, downpipe and Turbo-IC pipe with a Garrett GT35R turbo.

That being the case, I would fit 550cc/680cc injectors, fuel pump, GReddy/HKS FMIC, oil cooler and rather than the Emanage Ultimate I would fit a standalone ECU.

thanks for your input nic im grateful, i do still have a bank balance i do have a rough limit but if it exceeds it exceeds ha ha what can i do about that.

i have seen this kit from boost logic http://www.boostlogic.com/xcart/product.php?productid=91&cat=19&page=1 obviously i need the emanage and a good map but i think this could be a good starting point me thinks

roughly whats $5249.00 converted to £'s.. that stage 2 boost logic kit seems to be the one reeling me in

£3602 at today's exchange rate

If you can afford it, a standalone will be an absolutely massive advantage when it comes to getting the most out of the setup. Piggybacks on the NA ECU seriously limit the potential should you want to go for more power (which WILL happen, no matter what you say now :D )

Check out Bromy for details on his BL setup. He's one of two people here that have acheived decent and reliable power with an NA-T. EDIT - nevermind, couldn't find anything useful in his posts anymore, but it did make some decent power, about 500-550bhp IIRC.

i think im going to jamie seems really good.

im really concerned about the autobox, with a kit like that is it going to rip the box to pieces or is that where the mapping and that comes into play?

I would get some coolers on it and just run it at full power, if the box breaks then deal with it, but thats me, you might want to keep the boost down a bit.;)

I would get some coolers on it and just run it at full power, if the box breaks then deal with it, but thats me, you might want to keep the boost down a bit.;)

yeah lowering the boost sounds good :innocent: if it blows the first time.

im going to give boost logic a bell next week and go from there, pick there brains on a few things.

Its still early days but its going to be good and hopefully wont be money down the drain and i do achieve nice results.

im going to give boost logic a bell next week and go from there, pick there brains on a few things.

Its still early days but its going to be good and hopefully wont be money down the drain and i do achieve nice results.

I don't mean to sound like a killjoy, but would recommend you spend a good few more days/weeks reading up on the forum here and doing your best to fully understand how to go about turbo charging. The NA-T club (though some of the info there is incredibly inaccurate), supraforums (US and Australia) also offer good information and some seperate experience from this club, so read those places too before making a purchase. Planning the entire package is essential before making the jump to buying.

Turbo kit choice is just one part of the package, think about the rest before making a decision, a wrong choice could be costly.

The best bit of advice I can offer is to continue asking questions and to keep an open mind to responses.

Before you make any purchase consider every aspect of the conversion and make sure you have the full package of mods decided before buying any part of it. i.e.

- Turbo kit

- ECU

- Injectors & fuel supply system in general

- Target BHP

- Future BHP plans (always plan for this!)

good morning guys, my headache has now cleared so time for another one. got a car meet at 12 at halfway house should be fun.

i am getting my head around what needs doing slowly, mechanically it will be a breeze but the ecu choice and gauges etc i have no idea. I am looking forward to this when the time comes and its one big learning curve for me, so i do expect to get stuck in places.

to be honest i think the boost logic kit seems very good value for money and most parts are in the kit, need to research there oil lines as i know this is a factor in the build too.

hopefully the na-t boys on here will advise me too, davey001, steve spedd and dr_jekyl

as above i know tt conversion is miles cheaper, but i want something different and the bhp figures can be good if done correctly..... i would appreciate it if we dont mention the tt conversion anymore as its going to scramble my brain.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

as above i know tt conversion is miles cheaper, but i want something different and the bhp figures can be good if done correctly..... i would appreciate it if we dont mention the tt conversion anymore as its going to scramble my brain.

Or ruin your nice shiney bay:p

ill just pop in and say , (going on an erly comment in the thread) if you do decid eto lower the compression stick with a stock na head gasket and slide a set ot gte pistons in. for reasons m_life explaind before this is the only way to lower compression.

a thicker h/g is a botch :)

glad you are going for it , im glad i did , best of luck ;)