The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stubby Aerial ( S2000 Type )

supra steveo

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:gayfight:

It's fairly clear that this guy of yours that was going to make the brackets either isn't interested or doesn't have the time, if this is the case then what about taking the thing to a small engineering firm and getting them to do it. With the quantity you want it will bring the unit cost down.

as soon as i am off this exercise and i catch up with him, and he hasnt done anything then i will take it else where i am on leave from the first so should have all the time in the world to sort this

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

and its not good news , the fella i asked to do this hasn't bothered to do any of what i asked, so Ive got the design back off him and i now have 3-4 weeks off work ( perks of being a soldier ) so i will now look for some where in Newcastle to see if I can get these fabricated

woh hang on ........... you think thats stopping me ?? i am already looking into a company to make the extension bars and brackets, ive found a few places, thanks to google, that may very well be able to make these ............... but the price may go up, we will just have to wait and see , i need to get up north and get on the ground in Newcastle first :)

people............ dont lose faith just yet

• 2 weeks later...

update:

I will be popping out to day to a local metal fabricators to see if they can knock a few of the extension bars and brackets this may put the price up

also ive found some even shorter aerials that may look better, any opinions on the stubbier stubby?

i think what i will do is the group buy in batches of 10 just to keep the mayhem down and manageable until i get things sorted with the suppliers

I prefer the length of the S2000 aerial myself.

I'm happy to provide a test car for whilst you're up in Newcastle if you need it. If you get one knocked up in time, any chance you could bring it to the meet on the 15th for us to have a gander?

Right guys been down my local fabricator and it looks like they can do the extension bars :) so that's good news, price however will be going up due to the cost of the stainless being so expensive at the moment .

So all is looking good :D

As for the bracket to hold everything down to the car I've been pointed in the direction of a company that do high pressure water cutting ,....... But they are shut today i will drop by them on Monday I think

:rlol: :rlol: Thanks Matt, I just spat out my Ginsters

Thought you might like that one :D

"IF" this goes smoothly i will be doing another group buy straight after it, i am not going to bite off more than i can chew :)

Well count me straight in ;)