The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which common Supra mods are not for you?

Dave_SZ-R

Lol, my car then :D

I dislike cheap wheels, when I see threads like "help me choose a set of wheels" and the budget is like £400 with tyres, I just think keep the stock ones.

I don't mind most mods on cars as long as they are tastefull. It has nothing to do with the mod inparticular, more so how it is carried out.

Also I would give bigger kudos to original high quality parts over cheap copies, it's like an original fully kitted Supe with say a Veilside kit which had a great spray job sat on mint wheels would be better than an ill fitting poor quality copy blitz/bomex/doluck kit.

Not in a million years. Your car is very nice and tastefully done. My point was when is a car clasified as modified? To me any additional bodywork rules out the ability to call a car stock. If you truely love stock then why change it.

Most people like the rough shape but find it a little dated and just need to give it a little modernising, like yours and Jamiep's cars.

They are very nice but not stock any more. Especially JamieP and that rather nice engine of his :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in a million years. Your car is very nice and tastefully done. My point was when is a car clasified as modified? To me any additional bodywork rules out the ability to call a car stock. If you truely love stock then why change it.

Most people like the rough shape but find it a little dated and just need to give it a little modernising, like yours and Jamiep's cars.

They are very nice but not stock any more. Especially JamieP and that rather nice engine of his :)

I dont claim mine to be stock:)

I do like stock bumpers though and imo no aftermarket bumber is an improvement on stock bumpers, we all have different tastes and im happy with that, id hate for every supra owner to like the same look i do, be rather boring.

I keep considering skirts for mine but cant make my mind up for sure, if i was to get skirts they would be original do-luck and shave the lumps off them for a cleaner look.:search:

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I do like stock bumpers though and imo no aftermarket bumber is an improvement on stock bumpers, we all have different tastes and im happy with that, id hate for every supra owner to like the same look i do, be rather boring.

I keep considering skirts for mine but cant make my mind up for sure, if i was to get skirts they would be original do-luck and shave the lumps off them for a cleaner look.:search:

I wouldn't put skirts on your car. It suits the cleaner lines and might possibly result in having to raise the suspension slightly.

Ban? :blink:

No, dont get me wrong, i like seeing facelift lights on facelift/lifted all round supes, and hid on stock supras.

But on mine, i love the older style rears, and will never change my mind on that. And for my supra, std lighting all round makes it look great imo. Facelift style headlights, facelift indicators, stock wing indicators and stock rear lights + numberplate light with std bulbs does the job!

99% of VS stuff!

Shopping lists down the door

Neons (except for the repacment of the green lights in footwell)

But i feel its realy important that we all have the different tastes, to keep our cars unique to ourselfs! Like some pople hate my wheels, but i (amung many others) really like them

But as far as i know isnt the toyota devil horns TRD's logo?

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

I'm only yanking your chain bud :D

Most people like the rough shape but find it a little dated and just need to give it a little modernising

Totally agree with you there

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

If you do keep the old ones so you can swap back at any time, personally I'd say leave it as is like

:p

I have veilside which seems to be the number one hate these days. But I love it (not the ironing board spoiler though!)

What a difference an FMIC makes to the Veilside front, theyre usually full of cheap mesh. Also surprised at how good the Veilside skirts look with a Trial rear. Thats a good looking car.

What a difference an FMIC makes to the Veilside front, theyre usually full of cheap mesh. Also surprised at how good the Veilside skirts look with a Trial rear. Thats a good looking car.

Cheers mate. :)

I like it, but I can understand it's not to everyones tastes. I was thinking of making the car more stock but when I went to the WIM meet I think I was the only one there with a Veilside front. I decided to remain an individual and keep it.

I think it also helps that all my bodykit parts are genuine.

I don't like the devil horn badges as already mentioned, I don't like window tints, TRD spoilers, spats of any description and I don't like dash panels any colours other than grey. I don't like Chrome rims, roof spoilers, vented bonnets, whistles in exhausts, stickers on the body work, aftermarket steering wheels probably loads more but I will post them later.

I don't like the devil horn badges as already mentioned, I don't like window tints, TRD spoilers, spats of any description and I don't like dash panels any colours other than grey. I don't like Chrome rims, roof spoilers, vented bonnets, whistles in exhausts, stickers on the body work, aftermarket steering wheels probably loads more but I will post them later.

Anything that isnt stock then.:D

You must love mine:D

:D If that came from anyone else there would be hell to pay

I have talked to 2 other single turbo owners who have said the same. Cars like JamieP's show what can be done with a good amount of money and a lot of patience.

I'm not saying they are unreliable, but the complex nature of the ECUs that go with them mean they take a bit of setting up and a lot of gauges to keep an eye on.

I like my Supra to be simple, stock turbos with stock ECU, boost gauge or good boost controller and RLTC to keep it on the road.

I dont hate single turbo cars, I just wouldnt go that route again.

B.O.V's in rather silly places. I think the members who have been on here for a few years will know who I'm referring too ;)

Can we have a link to this please?

Is it along the lines of those lovely Corsa 'feature cars' you used to see with the Halfords induction kit poking out of the front wing?

Can't find the pic but imagine a Supra with THE worst fitting fake carbon full body kit. We're talking 20mm panel gaps :D. Then add a lovely blue bov sticking out from the driver side air vent. :D Utterly horrid. :)

I just don't like bodykits yes some are very nice bit the propblem is there is to much plastic fantastic going about I'm all for the stock look with a few sutile mods for instance I only have the seibon front splitter cause when I got the fmic fitted I couldn't get the active spoiler on lol I also hate alot of the tack that can be bought on flea bay

for me it's do it right or don't do it at all lol