The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which common Supra mods are not for you?

Dave_SZ-R

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, just a failure! :D

- Carbon Fibre (unless it's functional)

- Dark window tints

- Wheelmania, TSW, Fox etc wheels

- Crap tyres

- Cheap big brake kits

- Huge exhausts on NAs, and Blue Flame exhausts in general

- Awful retrims

- filler

- body coloured dash panels (ok on black and gunmetal cars)

Agree with all that too, except for the TSW wheels ;)

Thank you very much :) Its a shame that out of 14,000 odd members you're the only one to say it :D

I think you've done a great job with your car Blackie, but i would be so nervous driving it, especially around those narrow streets and roads around Ifracombe! I know you know the area well, but lots of tourist types don't.

Just take care of it now. :)

I find the current party line "stock is best" annoying. Normally handed out by those with painted dash panels, bling wheels, carbon lips and rear diffusers. Oh and holes in their bonnets.

If you truely like the stock look then don't mod it. If you mod a bit your as bad as those like me who have aftermarket bumpers etc..

Lol, my car then :D

I dislike cheap wheels, when I see threads like "help me choose a set of wheels" and the budget is like £400 with tyres, I just think keep the stock ones.

I don't mind most mods on cars as long as they are tastefull. It has nothing to do with the mod inparticular, more so how it is carried out.

Also I would give bigger kudos to original high quality parts over cheap copies, it's like an original fully kitted Supe with say a Veilside kit which had a great spray job sat on mint wheels would be better than an ill fitting poor quality copy blitz/bomex/doluck kit.

I dont like it when Supras are sprayed orange, no offense to anyone with an orange car, its just that it screams Fast and Furious

....and, a little while ago, I recall someone having fibreglass louvre panels fitted over the rear quarter glass - too Mad Max for me

Nope, just a failure! :D

- Carbon Fibre (unless it's functional)

- Dark window tints

- Wheelmania, TSW, Fox etc wheels

- Crap tyres

- Cheap big brake kits

- Huge exhausts on NAs, and Blue Flame exhausts in general

- Awful retrims

- filler

- body coloured dash panels (ok on black and gunmetal cars)

Wha's wrong with Blue Flame exhausts? I have one on my NA and am going to have one built for my TT. Although dearer than most on the market I believe them to be among the best. Love to hear your reason for not liking them. Have to agree with you on the Carbon fibre used just for dress though.

Wha's wrong with Blue Flame exhausts? I have one on my NA and am going to have one built for my TT. Although dearer than most on the market I believe them to be among the best. Love to hear your reason for not liking them. Have to agree with you on the Carbon fibre used just for dress though.

They serve no benefit over others. What's the point in the design? To replicate the look of Titanium exhausts, without the benefit of weight saving or thermodynamic properties.

I can't see them being anywhere near as good as tried and tested existing models in either sound or performance.

My car has a full genuine do luck kit and big wheels, it's all about what you want out of your car, I'm not going to rip anyone elses mods on there cars but I personally don't like fake ill fitting kits, if u can't buy a good one, keep it stock

Lol, my car then :D

I dislike cheap wheels, when I see threads like "help me choose a set of wheels" and the budget is like £400 with tyres, I just think keep the stock ones.

I don't mind most mods on cars as long as they are tastefull. It has nothing to do with the mod inparticular, more so how it is carried out.

Also I would give bigger kudos to original high quality parts over cheap copies, it's like an original fully kitted Supe with say a Veilside kit which had a great spray job sat on mint wheels would be better than an ill fitting poor quality copy blitz/bomex/doluck kit.

:thumbs:

I really like some of the Original Veilside cars.

I'd quite like an original Veilside Supra, on Super Advans with a dirty, laggy, dinosaur of a Turbo or HKS Twins :cool:

They serve no benefit over others. What's the point in the design? To replicate the look of Titanium exhausts, without the benefit of weight saving or thermodynamic properties.

I can't see them being anywhere near as good as tried and tested existing models in either sound or performance.

I am guessing in that case what you mean is tailpipes with the burnt blue look tip? In that case I agree, but the Company 'Blueflame exhausts' make top quality exhausts, hand built for the car with a lifetime warranty, and as for sound you tell them what you want and they will do their best to provide that and tweek it until you are happy. They produce them as OEM for Bentley and TVR.

:thumbs:

I really like some of the Original Veilside cars.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/j_s14a/Veilside20Supra2.jpg

QUOTE]

Totally agree, maybe the full Veilside look will come around again in afew years time as a sort of retro cool.

Veilside is the obvious one ofcourse. I personally think the Trial spoiler looks bad: http://www.jap.com.au/supra/supra%20trial%20rear.jpg Although I dont think it could be called common, its still not right.